Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
For those of us with pre-production units, will we be asked if we want a new set of panels or will we need to reach out at some point if we want them?

We'll reach out.

Just in case it slipped your mind

Oops, it did.

The changes are all minor, like panel dimensions need tweaked slightly to line up flush, one of the standoffs is off slightly, etc.

We'll wait on next batch until the cables show up so that batch will be "complete". Extra panels will probably be available the next pre-production run, but logistics and such aren't finalized.

PNP

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 10, 2015
Extra panels will probably be available the next pre-production run, but logistics and such aren't finalized.

Excellent.

I noticed that there was a beige color from this last batch even though it not initially an option. Are color options still the same?

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Awww snap just caught up on the thread. Loving the generous color panel offer from Sliger. Nearly had my panels hydro dipped this weekend while I was in Bellingham, WA.

scdudt

Chassis Packer
Mar 28, 2017
Hello, long time lurker. I was wondering if anyone has installed a GPU + waterblock (i.e. EKWB) in the Cerberus yet. I was hoping to get an accurate distance between the bottom of the case and the bottom of the acrylic/acetal block. I have a fever dream of fitting 7700k OC + 1080ti OC watercooled by 2x240 slim rads in this beautiful case. Dimension-wise it is going to be a game of mm but that's half the fun. Ideally hoping to put a 30mm thick rad + 25 mm noctua fan + horizontal tube res with ddc pump combo (63 mm without bracket). All below a single watercooled 1080 ti.

Last edited:

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I noticed that there was a beige color from this last batch even though it not initially an option. Are color options still the same?

We're still deciding on color options.

Hello, long time lurker. I was wondering if anyone has installed a GPU + waterblock (i.e. EKWB) in the Cerberus yet. I was hoping to get an accurate distance between the bottom of the case and the bottom of the acrylic/acetal block. I have a fever dream of fitting 7700k OC + 1080ti OC watercooled by 2x240 slim rads in this beautiful case. Dimension-wise it is going to be a game of mm but that's half the fun. Ideally hoping to put a 30mm thick rad + 25 mm noctua fan + horizontal tube res with ddc pump combo (63 mm without bracket). All below a single watercooled 1080 ti.

If the block fits within a single-slot (which they should) then there should be a bit over 100mm between the bottom of the case and single-slot card in the top slot.

Reactions: scdudt

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017

So I took my ASUS GTX 1080 OC out of the workstation to see how it looks. We're looking at almost 105mm to the acrylic on the WB and 85mm to the bottom of the rear bracket.

I wouldn't suggest the ASUS GTX 1080 however due to the clearance of the WB terminal.

Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:

scdudt

Chassis Packer
Mar 28, 2017
Thank you Aibohphobia and Foskcors for the answers! That has quite literally turned my day around. Now I just have to be patient for Cerberus's production release (the struggle is real).

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
So I took my ASUS GTX 1080 OC out of the workstation to see how it looks. We're looking at almost 150mm to the acrylic on the WB and 85mm to the bottom of the rear bracket.

I wouldn't suggest the ASUS GTX 1080 however due to the clearance of the WB terminal.

Your mileage may vary.
Thanks for your feedback. Clearly width with fitting could be an issue on customed gpu

wywywywy

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 12, 2016
So it sounds like a horizontal res won't fit there, and it'll need to be a vertical res in front of the RAM?

It seems like the bottom rad can be push+pull though, which is nice.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
o it sounds like a horizontal res won't fit there, and it'll need to be a vertical res in front of the RAM?

Should be room on the side bracket for the res depending on PSU. Though installing the system will be tricky if there isn't plenty of slack in the tubing to swing the bracket out.

scdudt

Chassis Packer
Mar 28, 2017
Ok, I was hoping for about 125mm under the block in order to fit the rad+fan+horizontal res safely. The next best option would probably be the side bracket then. Probably use soft tubing and koolance's quick disconnect fittings to keep the tubing runs shorter (cpu --> pump/res --> front rad). Then shorten the pump wires and use a pwn extension as an electrical disconnect point, so the whole assembly could swing out for maintenance. It's gonna be a tight fit between psu connectors and, ideally, a front rad+fan combo. The ddc pump/res will be 63mm W x 63mm D. In which case, what is the distance between the back plate of the GPU and the top of the bracket? Thank you so much for all the help!

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Stupid question about side bracket : what size and how many fans is it possible to put on side panel please?

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Ok, I was hoping for about 125mm under the block in order to fit the rad+fan+horizontal res safely. The next best option would probably be the side bracket then. Probably use soft tubing and koolance's quick disconnect fittings to keep the tubing runs shorter (cpu --> pump/res --> front rad). Then shorten the pump wires and use a pwn extension as an electrical disconnect point, so the whole assembly could swing out for maintenance. It's gonna be a tight fit between psu connectors and, ideally, a front rad+fan combo. The ddc pump/res will be 63mm W x 63mm D. In which case, what is the distance between the back plate of the GPU and the top of the bracket? Thank you so much for all the help!

Overclock had a really good article on an ncase M1 build that used the quick disconnects. Great little project. its the primary inspiration behind the build I wanted to do.

Reactions: scdudt

scdudt

Chassis Packer
Mar 28, 2017
Thank you for the link! I have been looking everywhere for that build (never found the name for it). I saw is sometime ago and it convinced me to move to SFF, but I was unable to find a build log.

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Stupid question about side bracket : what size and how many fans is it possible to put on side panel please?

120mm on the left, 140mm on the right. The 140 looks like its going to depend on the outside of the fan housing. I don't have any 140's to test with to be sure.

Very impressed with the versatility of this infinity vent design @Aibohphobia.

Kwirek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 19, 2016
No, I was able to squeeze in a 90mm fan, but not a 120 beside the 140. The slim 90mm I tested was not slim enough to fit over the front-mounted sfx-psu.
The 90mm fan is also too small to mount all four corners on the bracket.