J-HACK Mod Shop

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
@Thehack I'm considering pairing a 1050ti or 1650 with a Ryzen 1600 and RPS 200w unit I have. Have you had any issues with powering such a setup with it? I know maxing out the CPU and GPU together would be pushing it but under gaming type loads I feel it should be good if not a little tight on power budget.

Thoughts?
I'm running Meanwell 200w+Pico160XT with a 1050ti and 2400g CPU with no issues even during all day LAN parties.

Reactions: Jello and TheHig

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
Any idea when the M2427 for the Corsair Platinum will be back in stock please ? Looking to order one along some SATA, cpu and GPU cables.

Thanks in advance.

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
Announcement:

Shipping will close for Mar 1st - Mar 20th.

I have work that takes me out of town for 3 weeks.

I’m about to place my order, can you please tell me if it’s possible to make the sata cables longer than 10cm please ? I’d like 2 of them but 10cm isn’t enough, need a 15cm with 2 sata power connectors and a second cable with 3 sata connectors total: 2x20cm sata connectors and a 3rd one with 25cm.
Possible ? And if yes how to order please ?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I’m about to place my order, can you please tell me if it’s possible to make the sata cables longer than 10cm please ? I’d like 2 of them but 10cm isn’t enough, need a 15cm with 2 sata power connectors and a second cable with 3 sata connectors total: 2x20cm sata connectors and a 3rd one with 25cm.
Possible ? And if yes how to order please ?

There aren't any longer types available. So unfortunately, not possible.

It comes with a longer 2x sata, but not a 3rd one that fits your requirements

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
Just to say thanks, received my order yesterday and went into my parts box (I’m gathering odd parts for a near future build).

I’d be grateful if someone can provide a pic of the extra platinum wire that needs to be plugged in to the GPU and how is supposed to be done.

Thanks again @Thehack

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Just to say thanks, received my order yesterday and went into my parts box (I’m gathering odd parts for a near future build).

I’d be grateful if someone can provide a pic of the extra platinum wire that needs to be plugged in to the GPU and how is supposed to be done.

Thanks again @Thehack

Step 1: Locate the GPU wires. The wires that goes from the PSU to your GPU. Examine both ends of the wires, the plastic pieces are called connector housings. Both housings are 8 pin housings. One end will only have 7 wires, with the 8th hole being an open pin housing. The other will have 8 wires in the housing, ignore that one.

Step 2: Locate the loose platinum wire. It's the only loose wire that's not plugged into anything, with a piece of electrical tape around it. It comes with your M2427. Remove the electrical tape.

Step 3: Plug the terminal, that's the silver looking metal piece at the end of the loose wire, into the open pin housing. There's only one way it'll go in, and it'll click when it is properly inserted.

Last edited:
Reactions: MultiDoc

unknownexception

Caliper Novice
Sep 22, 2020
@Thehack I currently have the M2427 for my SF600 -- but just recently upgraded to an SF750. Is there a different in the two models? Can I use my M2427 for either? Or if I need to upgrade, can I trade up (send you my module)

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
@Thehack I currently have the M2427 for my SF600 -- but just recently upgraded to an SF750. Is there a different in the two models? Can I use my M2427 for either? Or if I need to upgrade, can I trade up (send you my module)

Hello,

The only difference matters if you are switching from GOLD->PLAT, as that requires additional sense wire pinout.

Otherwise, they are the same. :)

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 30, 2015
@Thehack can you ELI5 why 6 wires are enough? Is m2426 safe to use with a 125W CPU, GPU, and a bunch of fans and RGB devices?

Also curious for an answer to this. I have my OC 9900K that pulls 150W alone, not taking into account the rest of the board and peripherals. Can it handle a load of say 200W if I feed GPU from the PSU and not the m2426?

EDIT: Okay, so I’ve done some research regarding my own question. The 24pin doesn’t power the CPU. It’s essentially motherboard power. The 8 Pin powers the CPU. So if you are concerned about power draw for a high Watt CPU then get the version that feeds the 8 pin direct from you PSU and you won’t have any issues in regard to the power restrictions!

Last edited:

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Also curious for an answer to this. I have my OC 9900K that pulls 150W alone, not taking into account the rest of the board and peripherals. Can it handle a load of say 200W if I feed GPU from the PSU and not the m2426?

EDIT: Okay, so I’ve done some research regarding my own question. The 24pin doesn’t power the CPU. It’s essentially motherboard power. The 8 Pin powers the CPU. So if you are concerned about power draw for a high Watt CPU then get the version that feeds the 8 pin direct from you PSU and you won’t have any issues in regard to the power restrictions!

@biopunk I can confirm this research is correct. The whole daisy chained M2426 assembly can handle up to 200W.

Motherboard + Fan/Drives: 25-50W
GPU pulling power from the PCIe slot: 75W
CPU daisy-chained 4pin: Whatever is left

Could we have made it handle more with soldered wires, or other specs? Yes, but we opted a good compromise of flexibility, modularity, and affordability.

Reactions: NRG