J-HACK Mod Shop

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
@Thehack and everyone,

Just wanted to chime in and share. I have received the Meanwell RPS 200 kit set up for the mini box 160xt direct plug and it’s working perfectly.

TheHack was quick to answer my questions. Checkout was easy using PayPal and shipping was fast. Would not hesitate to purchase from the Mod Shop again.

Later tonight I’ll share a few pics of the install. Used the gpu bay in my case for the Meanwell to go brickless.

System:
AsRock b450itx
2400g
16gb gskill
512gb Intel 600p nvme
Custom Mod Mini 3.2L
Meanwell RPS 200 with Mini box 160xt direct plug.

Thank you for sharing.

In other news, I'm finally printing the L9a 120mm fan adapter.

nextpc

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2016
Thank you for sharing.

In other news, I'm finally printing the L9a 120mm fan adapter.
Just wondering if the 120mm fan adapter will do better than the 92mm fan?
I thought the 120mm fan has a larger dead spot in the middle? Wouldn't this be just for cosmetic reasons then, or has this been tested and performance showing improvements for cooling?

Reactions: br3nd0

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Just wondering if the 120mm fan adapter will do better than the 92mm fan?
I thought the 120mm fan has a larger dead spot in the middle? Wouldn't this be just for cosmetic reasons then, or has this been tested and performance showing improvements for cooling?

Noise profile, cosmetic, better temps due to more cool air flushing warm air.

The L9a is larger than the fan, so the dead zone is offset by covering more fins.

Reactions: fabio

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Yeah trying to remember who does. I don’t think kompact’s is one either but i swear someone here (sffn) had one.

reifnotreef

Average Stuffer
Feb 10, 2019
Noise profile, cosmetic, better temps due to more cool air flushing warm air.

The L9a is larger than the fan, so the dead zone is offset by covering more fins.
Is this theoretical or have you tested it? The L9a is only 114mm long, so the fan still extends passed the edge of the cooler.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com

Available now. Promo still good until May 28

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
I might have to trade out my Noctua 120 slim for Thermalright 100mm slim. The X570 boards are going to pose a challenge....

Do you know if/when you will be getting stock back in? I won't know what I need until I have the motherboard in my hands, so it will still be awhile.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I might have to trade out my Noctua 120 slim for Thermalright 100mm slim. The X570 boards are going to pose a challenge....

Do you know if/when you will be getting stock back in? I won't know what I need until I have the motherboard in my hands, so it will still be awhile.

I should have one more soon. A customer changed his mind sent back.