Cooling ID Cooling IS-30

reifnotreef

Average Stuffer
Feb 10, 2019
After buying the IS-40X and being 100% disappointed I just can't look forward to this. The IS-40X is hotter and louder than the NH-L9a and the 40X is rated for 100w tdp.

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
Stevo, wouldn't this be a problem with many ITX boards? From your experience, do you think it would also happen with the ASROCK B450?
I think it would work on that one, by comparison on the MSI version the top left hole has the 2 VRM components just too close for the provided AMD adapter.

MSI B450

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
The replacement; Wraith Stealth with Titan fan ~37mm tall, finish the build tonight to find out how it sounds, otherwise L9a. The fan has a large pwm range like 210-2100 RPM so hopefully good cooling at the low end, sounded ok not mounted and wide open.

Last edited:

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
So far the fan/cooler setup is at least as quiet as my L9i and setup is running real cool though so far just loading up Linux and web browsing.

tnysff

Average Stuffer
Mar 27, 2019
So far the fan/cooler setup is at least as quiet as my L9i and setup is running real cool though so far just loading up Linux and web browsing.
That is nice. I would think this setup wins over the L9 in terms of air flow over chipset and SoC VRM.

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
That is nice. I would think this setup wins over the L9 in terms of air flow over chipset and SoC VRM.
When I booted up for the first time the fan was cycling 50% rate at 210 rpm from bios curve. I bumped the low end to run about 400rpm constant. A little pwm buzz from fan ear right on it. First AMD build ever, installed linux mint same issues as if using nvidia gpu, quickly up and running though.

tnysff

Average Stuffer
Mar 27, 2019
On May 6, I left a message to ID Cooling about the incompatibility of the IS-30 with the AMD motherboard reported in this thread. I gave a link to this thread and asked if they had a compatibility list.

Today I have received the following answer in my email:

Thank you for the email. We've noticed the "AMD universal" bracket has conflict with AM4, so we use the previous one for all IS series now. This version won't conflict any motherboard.

Thank you for reaching us!
ID-COOLING Service Team

What is unclear is what happens with the units on the distribution network.
Edit: I have just noticed that in the US, Newegg sells it as "Sold and shipped by ID-Cooling", so it should not be an issue if I order one.

Last edited:
Reactions: scatterforce

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
On May 6, I left a message to ID Cooling about the incompatibility of the IS-30 with the AMD motherboard reported in this thread. I gave a link to this thread and asked if they had a compatibility list.

Thank you for the email. We've noticed the "AMD universal" bracket has conflict with AM4, so we use the previous one for all IS series now. This version won't conflict any motherboard.

ID-COOLING Service Team

Edit: I have just noticed that in the US, Newegg sells it as "Sold and shipped by ID-Cooling", so it should not be an issue if I order one.

Thanks, think I'll drop an email see if they'll send the other bracket. Though the modded stock cooler is working great, would at least add to sale-ability. I looked on the ID Cooling page and they indeed show an AM4 bracket as well as the older version.

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015

ID-COOLING Service Team

I emailed ID Cooling last night, had a reply this morning to send full shipping info and they'd send me the AM4 bracket, very cool. So a shout out to ID Cooling on customer service!

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
Correct. I'll probably just sell it on here, got a bunch of stuff I'm getting ready to unload virtual garage sale.

The stock wraith stealth is a bit too tall even without the shroud, but I found this Evercool Titan fan same diameter and hole dimensions but 15mm that should bring it all home.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Titan-TFD-...411521?hash=item4d44a90d81:g:PhMAAOSwTdJXRTPC
Whatcha selling? I might be interested in the is-30, and could probably work something out if you want an l9a? I have one sitting around doing nothing, and I dont need both an l9i and an l9a

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
Whatcha selling? I might be interested in the is-30, and could probably work something out if you want an l9a? I have one sitting around doing nothing, and I dont need both an l9i and an l9a

With Newegg selling IS-30 for about 1/2 probably just keep it. When I get around to it, I'll be selling mostly cases(S4 classic, Lone L1 and L2, plus various HDPLEX PSUs(last 2 gens) and a DELL(Delta) 330W brick.

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
With Newegg selling IS-30 for about 1/2 probably just keep it. When I get around to it, I'll be selling mostly cases(S4 classic, Lone L1 and L2, plus various HDPLEX PSUs(last 2 gens) and a DELL(Delta) 330W brick.
That's... a lot of interesting things. I'd love to know what you're thinking pricewise, feel free to DM me the info :)

tnysff

Average Stuffer
Mar 27, 2019
The replacement; Wraith Stealth with Titan fan ~37mm tall, finish the build tonight to find out how it sounds, otherwise L9a. The fan has a large pwm range like 210-2100 RPM so hopefully good cooling at the low end, sounded ok not mounted and wide open.

Stevo, what is the model of that Titan fan? You wouldn't happen to have a link, would you?

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
I managed to pick one up on Ebay for cheap, so here are some pics of it. I also got a NF-A9x14 PWM off Ebay as well, so there are some images of it mounted to the cooler as well. I've ordered in some screws that should hopefully fit better. (Update - To fit a Noctua NF-A9x14 you need M3x14mm screws)

That said, I'm not sure the mounting plate is in the best of condition.

Also in other random news, Dynatron is selling a badge engineered model, the T497.

Last edited: