Cooling ID-Cooling IS-47K 47mm 6-heatpipe cooler with 92x15mm fan - Black Ridge alternative?

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 20, 2018

Compatibility will definitely be a thing (as with all coolers like this), but at least it looks pretty decent.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

Compatibility will definitely be a thing (as with all coolers like this), but at least it looks pretty decent.

If you can install it in that orientation gives you the option of higher profile ram which I know will please a lot of people.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Me too, looks almost identical to the black ridge, but I'm disappointed to see it doesn't have the option to mount a 120mm fan on top, I found that the 120mm fan makes a big difference on the Black Ridge. It looks like the same fan as the IS-30, which means it may be difficult to put a NF-A9x14 in place of it.

Reactions: loader963

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Always nice to have more <50mm options for cooling. It could even be comparable to the Black Ridge.

Last edited:

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Does id make the black ridge? I thought alphadon did but saw some posts on reddit that seemed like they though id did?

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
I'll just wait until someone purchase it & test it with various mobo to see whether there will be layout compatibility issues.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Me too, looks almost identical to the black ridge, but I'm disappointed to see it doesn't have the option to mount a 120mm fan on top, I found that the 120mm fan makes a big difference on the Black Ridge. It looks like the same fan as the IS-30, which means it may be difficult to put a NF-A9x14 in place of it.

The retail version will have a standard 92 mm fan, as far as I'm told. Concerning the 120 mm fan, there will be a second version that comes standard with the fan. The IS-47k will not have the mounting for the 120 mm fan out of the box, but it *is* designed for 120 mm fan as well.

No 120mm mounting should not be a big problem. Zip ties are always cheap and available.

There will be a 120 mm fan version, I'm told by ID-cooling. It is designed for it; not sure if the IS-47k will include the mount of the box.

Last edited:

ExplodingWaffle101

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 11, 2018
Feel like we need another 47mm shoot out- what with this, the c7cu, axp-90(cu), black ridge and probably some others- which one is actually the best (especially considering that the axp90 and c7 have better compatibility). would be nice to have this solved objectively once and for all (though i suspect some of the differences are in the realm of cooler to cooler variation)

Reactions: DrHudacris

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016

Here is the current concept for 120 mm version. It is in progress. Will release in a couple of months. Included fan will be ARGB type.

Yes, no fan clips and mounting by screw! Fantastic if it releases like this. I really don't like clips.

They should however make a black version of this cooler. Or better, copper, and then coated black.