Cooling ID-Cooling IS-30? <35mm AM4 Cooler Alternatives

Boogle

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Dec 11, 2016
Hey SFF, it's been a while since I posted on here.
I'm looking at building a new STX PC based on the new Asrock X300 motherboard. (Using a 65W APU.)

The NHL-9A appears to be the best cooler for the Deskmini case. But what about something a bit smaller?
The only in production AMD cooler I can find is the IS-30. Although I am sceptical of the performance.
Does anyone know of a good alternative? Or does anyone have experience with ID Cooling particularly this model?

Thanks

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
The L9a is a much better option than the IS30. I've tested both and the IS30 came in pretty far behind. Aside from the L9a I can't think of any good AM4 coolers under 40mm to be honest

Reactions: Boogle

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
As what IntoxicatedPuma said. In most cases, price don't lie.

But then again, if it's strictly for 65w CPU, IS-30 should be enough. Nothing exceptional, but just enough. And slightly loud hehehe.

(And really 65w - assuming it's Ryzen 2400g or 3400g APUs, you gotta set the cTDP to 65w or less in BIOS or else by default they'll be at around 88w)

Last edited:
Reactions: Boogle

Boogle

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Dec 11, 2016
Thank you guys. Great feedback.

Edit:
I've also noticed the Jonso HP-400. I initially disregarded it. Although I am seeing some favorable reviews of it now. Does anyone have experience with Jonsbo?
With the 92x14mm Noctua fan it comes in 2mm shorter. Which isn't a lot but every little helps.

Last edited: