Power Supply HDPlex AC-DC and DC-DC combo

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
4,966
4,796
Anyone have an idea for a SFX PSU sized bracket to house the HDPlex AC power cord module?

Do you mean just the C14 inlet that the power cord plugs into? Because SFX isn't big enough to mount either the 300W/160W AC-DC or 30W DC-ATX to it.
 

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
4,966
4,796
Not sure what you mean, SFX is only 125mm wide but both the AC-DC and DC-ATX are longer than that.
 

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
Feb 1, 2016
3,381
5,936
45
Victoria BC Canada
I guess what I was thinking is the bracket would be fastenable inside like the back plate of an SFX. You could then have the AC-DC (41mm) on one shelf and the DC/DC (25cm) on one above it.
 

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
4,966
4,796
I guess what I was thinking is the bracket would be fastenable inside like the back plate of an SFX. You could then have the AC-DC (41mm) on one shelf and the DC/DC (25cm) on one above it.

So the HDPLEX combo would just be sticking out lengthwise from the SFX plate?

Yes, exactly the C14 AC inlet. Also, will need to cover the slot left by the removed SFX PSU unit.

Like this?

L6CNfI1.png
 

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016
547
345
Siam
You could take this to your local machine shop and they could make you one:

YwafDbA.png


Tell them 3mm aluminum or something.

Thank you... see if my wife can find one here in Siam. Will probably have to hope and pray that HDPLEX makes one! I like the logo on the ATX bracket.
 

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
797
493
Isn't there a Silverstone case that was shown off at Computex that is otherwise ATX but only takes SFX PSUs?
I know Silverstone has a better lineup of small cases than most, but there's always hope with SFX PSUs having a good power density now and with NVIDIA trying to eliminate 3-4 way SLI we might see more mainstream case makers putting out one or two models with SFX touting it as a way to leave more space for radiators and drives.