Power Supply HDPlex AC-DC and DC-DC combo

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Anyone have an idea for a SFX PSU sized bracket to house the HDPlex AC power cord module?

Do you mean just the C14 inlet that the power cord plugs into? Because SFX isn't big enough to mount either the 300W/160W AC-DC or 30W DC-ATX to it.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
You could have a double L bracket with two 60mm deep shelves to put the two units on.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Not sure what you mean, SFX is only 125mm wide but both the AC-DC and DC-ATX are longer than that.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I guess what I was thinking is the bracket would be fastenable inside like the back plate of an SFX. You could then have the AC-DC (41mm) on one shelf and the DC/DC (25cm) on one above it.

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016
Do you mean just the C14 inlet that the power cord plugs into? Because SFX isn't big enough to mount either the 300W/160W AC-DC or 30W DC-ATX to it.

Yes, exactly the C14 AC inlet. Also, will need to cover the slot left by the removed SFX PSU unit.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I guess what I was thinking is the bracket would be fastenable inside like the back plate of an SFX. You could then have the AC-DC (41mm) on one shelf and the DC/DC (25cm) on one above it.

So the HDPLEX combo would just be sticking out lengthwise from the SFX plate?

Yes, exactly the C14 AC inlet. Also, will need to cover the slot left by the removed SFX PSU unit.

Like this?

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016
You could take this to your local machine shop and they could make you one:

Tell them 3mm aluminum or something.

Thank you... see if my wife can find one here in Siam. Will probably have to hope and pray that HDPLEX makes one! I like the logo on the ATX bracket.

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
Isn't there a Silverstone case that was shown off at Computex that is otherwise ATX but only takes SFX PSUs?
I know Silverstone has a better lineup of small cases than most, but there's always hope with SFX PSUs having a good power density now and with NVIDIA trying to eliminate 3-4 way SLI we might see more mainstream case makers putting out one or two models with SFX touting it as a way to leave more space for radiators and drives.