Power Supply HDPlex 400W AC-DC Adapter

Protools

Average Stuffer
Oct 10, 2018
My system should consume around 380W under load, close to the 400W.
Little worried about the life expectancy if run passively.

I'd like to know if the case of the HDPLEX AC-DC really acts as a heatsink, hence would benefit from watercooling.
Based on that it's peak wattage can go over to 500W w/ the small fan, I think it will be fine with 380W

lawney

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2018
My system should consume around 380W under load, close to the 400W.
Little worried about the life expectancy if run passively.

I'd like to know if the case of the HDPLEX AC-DC really acts as a heatsink, hence would benefit from watercooling.

On the HDPlex website, it is noted that the AC-DC can only support 300W when passively cooled. I would try to get some fresh air in there, or at least running across the unit.

Reactions: Soul_Est

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
Does anyone knows what changed in version 2 of the HDPLEX 400W ACDC?
I just burned it... twice... so I need to order a new one!!

Kyuss

Chassis Packer
Jul 13, 2017
Hi, I have just received my ACDC 400w and DC ATX, and I want to know the direction that the 30mm fan is moving air. I assume it is an intake but could someone clarify please? And it's possible to mount another 30mm fan in the other end of the unit?

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
Would it be possible to slightly change the cover on the ACDC 400w HDPlex unit so it has one of the long sides in mesh, instead of full aluminum plating? This would allow cooling by having for example a 120 mm fan partially blowing through the mess onto the unit, instead of using the very small, but noisy, 30 mm fans?

hemmigumm

Efficiency Noob
Jan 10, 2017
I've been having issues with my HDPlex. Random shut downs. Confirmed it by switching power supplies.

I'm not sure if it's the 400w AC-DC or the 400w DC-ATX unit. Are there any resources for debugging what's wrong?

kevlar

Average Stuffer
Jun 4, 2017
I've been having issues with my HDPlex. Random shut downs. Confirmed it by switching power supplies.

I'm not sure if it's the 400w AC-DC or the 400w DC-ATX unit. Are there any resources for debugging what's wrong?
You could email Larry (larry@hdplex.com) and see if they can help you get replacements; I had some out-of-the-box issues with an AC-DC unit though it had been over a year since I purchased and Larry just said to send it in and they'll send a new one back. Worth a shot!

Reactions: Phuncz