Power Supply HDPlex 400W AC-DC Adapter

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
Not sure what the scenario is at the factory?

1) Refused batch back at the factory, open each box, open each unit, de'solder the transformer and put a new one in, test, close, pack, stack and when ready ship again...

2) Refused batch back at the factory, trash it, build new batch from scratch!

What bothers me the most is the lack of communication to the people who ordered.
A simple message saying it's been delayed again for reason X and we could expect our units on date X etc. instead of finding out through forums.
Not everyone is on a puter forum, some get there info on redit or other channels etc.

just my 2c.

sparklepony

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2018
It's a preorder where we have all recieved an email stating the order has been shipped, and he does not even have the units.
I think bitching about it is in order especially when the seller has not informed anyone about the delay.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
If the email said your order has been shipped then why worry over others' delay? No news is good news - that means your order isn't affected, is it?

It's only been a week. Idk, I usually give 2 weeks time for any shipping wherever it comes from.

sparklepony

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2018
Yes my order is affected. We have received emails and tracking numbers that the orders has been shipped from Germany, meanwhile there are no units in Germany to ship.
It’s all because the seller wants to ensure we got the best possible product, what we are disappointed about is that there is no communication from the seller about this besides someone writing him emails and posting the answer here.

HYPERTiZ

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2018
Apologise, but I have a few questions in-regards to making a brickless build - but it may be of help for future visitors.

So if i'm not mistaken (correct me if wrong).
T
o be 'brickless':

1 Power Connector & Safety - would it be highly ideal to have a polarized C8 connector?
If I use the standard Figure-8 - what would the safety precautions I should take to ensure I dont ruin myself or my PC - assuming static electricity is a problem (as the non-polarized C8 is not grounded) as the PSU would be in-contact with the side panels of the S4M(?). So when I switch it off at a wall should I refrain from touching the case for a short moment of time and ensuring I ground myself prior to touching the case?

2 Case Modification & GPU Limitation - You have to dremel/file 1mm off the S4M's slot where the ac-dc would reside in the case then:

A)
Either acquire a Low-Profile GPU (allowing room for pcie connector) or obtain either a Standard ITX with Ultra Low-Profile custom pcie connector for top mount OR side pcie connector GPU like the R9 Nano?

OR

B)
If you wanted to keep the GPU connector and are using a GPU with a top mount pcie connector - you can remove the top plate of the HDPLEX 400W AC-DC?

Cheers SFF Forum!

CARC Mini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 5, 2018
1 Power Connector & Safety - would it be highly ideal to have a polarized C8 connector?
If I use the standard Figure-8 - what would the safety precautions I should take to ensure I dont ruin myself or my PC - assuming static electricity is a problem (as the non-polarized C8 is not grounded) as the PSU would be in-contact with the side panels of the S4M(?). So when I switch it off at a wall should I refrain from touching the case for a short moment of time and ensuring I ground myself prior to touching the case?!

for space reasons, i'll only answer your 1st part right now.

i do not recommend C8.

you'll need either a C6 [ mickey-mouse ] or GX-16 connector, in order to be grounded.

if you still need answers to anything else, just let me know.

Last edited:

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
for space reasons, i'll only answer your 1st part right now.

i do not recommend C8.

you'll need either a C6 [ mickey-mouse ] or GX-16 connector, in order to be grounded.

if you still need answers to anything else, just let me know.

And to use a GX-16 connector on the S4M you need a stepdrill to adjust the mounting point bigger, from 12mm to 16mm.

CARC Mini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 5, 2018
And to use a GX-16 connector on the S4M you need a stepdrill to adjust the mounting point bigger, from 12mm to 16mm.

correct.

2 Case Modification & GPU Limitation - You have to dremel/file 1mm off the S4M's slot where the ac-dc would reside in the case

not correct.

the part of a SkyReach case which prevents HDPLEX AC-DC installation, because its too tall, is referred to by Josh as the " flange " .

one option shown in Josh's youtube video, is to remove this flange with a metal-cutting tool, & then raise your sidepanels approximately 5mm.

this also allows installation of a BlackRidge [ https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/dan-hslp-48-a-powerful-sub-50mm-heatsink.2387/ ] ,or CryOrig C7 copper heatsink.

Last edited:

19NinetySix

Trash Compacter
Jun 28, 2018
Does anyone know were i can buy GX16 inlet and contacter witha uk plug? So all i need to do is drill the hole bigger for it to fit?

Really confused after googling the GX16

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
Does anyone know were i can buy GX16 inlet and contacter witha uk plug? So all i need to do is drill the hole bigger for it to fit?

Really confused after googling the GX16

The easiest way is to make your own custom cable, or buy' a build cable for your outlet and modify it with a GX16 connector.

19NinetySix

Trash Compacter
Jun 28, 2018
The easiest way is to make your own custom cable, or buy' a build cable for your outlet and modify it with a GX16 connector.

Can you tell me which one i need for uk to be grounded? I see 2,3,4,5 pin variants?
was hoping I could buy a pre wired uk cable but can't see anything

19NinetySix

Trash Compacter
Jun 28, 2018
all grounded cables must have 3 or more pins by definition.

I'm just confused by the options 3 to 8 pin, I assumed people are using 3 pin, but then noticed the ones josh was selling are 4 pin?
what are people in uk using? just 3pin GX16 connector?