Power Supply HDPlex 400W AC-DC Adapter

HYPERTiZ

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2018
Mine just arrived today (Australia) - I noticed a few things and I wanted to ask:

It came with a C8 connector (thats a full figure 8 not one thats got sawn side that was shown on the website) - wondering if I can still use it with the HDPLEX 400W AC-DC with a standard figure 8 cable?

Currently - I am running it externally with the C14 adapter.

I think my RX570 Sapphire PULSE ITX (shroud or height in general?) is probably a tad too tall to fit.

Last edited:

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
Still nothing here, It looks like the units haven't been picked up by dhl in Germany...;)

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
To the lucky ones among there : could you please measure the minimum total length including wires on both ends ?
Thanks a lot !

sparklepony

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2018
I just asked Larry about the shipping status. The big batch has not even arrived in Germany yet... I can't believe I cancelled my gpu and payed 35 euro more to buy it from somewhere else with faster shipping......

CARC Mini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 5, 2018
To the lucky ones among there : could you please measure the minimum total length including wires on both ends ?
Thanks a lot !

i just measured mine.

approximately 800mm, with the C14 connector wire attached.

or more than the length of two SkyReach sidepanels put together, if you want to think of it that way.

thenisse

Chassis Packer
Jan 25, 2019
So Larry responded:

Hi,

We rejected a batch of the transformer and switched to a new supplier of transformer at last minute for the 400W ACDC to make sure the noise issue does not happen.
This caused a week delay. I will have the big batch of new 400W ACDC early next week in USA. Your tracking will be online the same day I have them.

I apologize for the waiting.

Fyi: my order is HDPLEX-21479

I order Feb 2. Almost there everyone hold on to your sff pcs!

sparklepony

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2018
So he'll have them early next week in the USA. Meaning it will be longer for Germany? Maybe we can have this thing in May then....

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
This stinks...Noise issue? Is this the coil-whine someone mentioned earlier?

The big batch was on its way to Germany so if this one is canceled as well we won't see our units in the first 3 week ish or so...ffs!

Btw could anyone check if the C14 or C6 is easy to de'solder? Or is cutting off a better option to connect them to a GX16-3 connector?

Thanks!

Last edited:

CARC Mini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 5, 2018
Btw could anyone check if the C14 or C6 is easy to de'solder?

no need to de-solder.

C6 connectors are grounded, & rated at 400 Watts or more.

for only a few dollars i bought this, which works perfectly with my HDPLEX AC-DC :

Last edited:
Reactions: fergunat000

sparklepony

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2018
Just send me anything that will power on my system! I am sure this 'noise issue' is some gung-ho wannabe QA tester that heard the slightest clicking sound in a vacuum room while pressing his ear up against the unit while wearing a hearing aid. I also honestly believe this means it's going to be at least another month of waiting even though I have the email in my inbox since last saturday teasing 'you order has been shipped'

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
no need to de-solder.

C6 connectors are grounded, & rated at 400 Watts or more.

for only a few dollars i bought this, which works perfectly with my HDPLEX AC-DC :

The mickey mouse side fits the mini? To late for me though I already modified my mini for the GX16-3.

goose1969x

Caliper Novice
Oct 3, 2018
Please forgive me for this book question. Can the C8 ground cable be screwed in anywhere on my case? Is there a general guideline? I wasn't seeing much from a Google search.