Power Supply HDPlex 400W AC-DC Adapter

Krauthaus

Chassis Packer
Nov 21, 2018
This unit has a tiny fan. Is it quiet? Is it high pitched like flex PSUs? It's even smaller at 30mm in size.

The photos on the site (that they've had since forever) show it to be fairly long... do we have any updated pics? Would you have to mod them yourself if you want them shorter? I'm planning to have them very close to each other with the AC-DC and DC-DC units right next to each other.
Well; you could just watch the youtube trailer from HDPlex or just read all the dammed three comments; they have your answers:)

laser_ninja

Caliper Novice
Aug 19, 2018
kennui.com
What trailer? Do they do fan noise comparisons in it? I've been to the hdplex channel and can't see anything like that.

I'm also not going to read through 500+ comments in this thread. There is no way to search this thread directly, a normal search for 'hdplex fan' or 'hdplex noise' didn't yield anything useful regarding the current model's fan/noise.

I know they've gone through multiple versions and it seems perpetually in development.

nyxtom

Average Stuffer
Nov 5, 2018
What trailer? Do they do fan noise comparisons in it? I've been to the hdplex channel and can't see anything like that.

I'm also not going to read through 500+ comments in this thread. There is no way to search this thread directly, a normal search for 'hdplex fan' or 'hdplex noise' didn't yield anything useful regarding the current model's fan/noise.

I know they've gone through multiple versions and it seems perpetually in development.

Raw video with audio:

Reactions: NinoPecorino

nyxtom

Average Stuffer
Nov 5, 2018
Also, what is this fabled HDPlex 800W that is mentioned several times throughout the website? Has anyone heard of this?

Reactions: br3nd0

sparklepony

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2018
This is incredible news. The wait has been so long, and finally we can get our hands on this in February (not keeping my hopes up of getting one of the first 50).

My S4M has been standing ready for 3 months, the case has been cut, the graphics card has been cut, custom cables has been made for the gpu as it won't fit with the 8 pin connector intact. I cannot wait to see if it will actually fit with the 400w ACDC or if I have simply mangled my case and gpu and need to use a brick after all :D

Reactions: Sashby

Gutzy

Caliper Novice
Mar 11, 2018
Hey cool, its almost here!

Any updates with respect to the few external brick enclosure concepts that were floating around?

Otherwise, what would I need to cut/splice/solder in order run this as an external brick once I get my hands on one?

DarkCanuck

Average Stuffer
Jun 28, 2018
I saw this the other day. There's no measurements but from the layout view and heatsink size, it's approximately 180mm x 44.5mm x 35mm vs the 400W DC DC which is 160mm x 51.5mm x 30mm. Pretty nice.
I just got a the dimensions, in a reply from Larry:HDPLEX 800W DC-ATX 181.5mm (L) x 66mm (W) x 30 mm (H)
This is in comparison to the HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX 160mm (L) x 51.5mm (W) x 30mm (H).

Last edited:

Krauthaus

Chassis Packer
Nov 21, 2018
All of my components are lying around here; begging me for to assemble them. Huah, I really hope I get one of the first batch:D