Power Supply HDPlex 400W AC-DC Adapter

HYPERTiZ

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2018
I think my Dell 330w is crapping itself out -

I probably stressed it too much?
Even if its only brought from around March.. I am assuming it shuts because I used RPCS3 and tested a few demanding games - eg the last of us and infamous 4 times from which it shut it self down at the time.

Doesnt feel hot to touch but warm.

I think its struggling to power the 8700 and rx570 (due to above scenario) - However removing the card makes it able to run no issues now - guess I'll stick with iGPU til the HDPPLEX 400W AC DC Adapter comes out (luckily) I have the south park games (SoT&tFBH to keep me accompanied and they are super easy to run.

Last edited:

oldmonk

Caliper Novice
Dec 26, 2018
Sorry if this has already been answered. New to SFF, the forum and SFF in general.

If I'm understanding correctly, the new (yet to be released) Gigabyte RTX 2070 Mini (169.99 x 121.45 mm) will fit with the 400W AC-DC & DC-DC in the S4M (skyreach) since it is true ITX in length (though not in height).

The Inno3D RTX 2070 Twin X2 (196 x 113 mm) is very slightly over height but should be ok (read somewhere that the 1.85mm shouldn't be a problem)?

However, the (also yet to be released) MSI RTX 2070 Aero (174 x 127 mm) will not fit since it is over height and over length?

Also, will heat be an issue with all 3 of 2070 + AC-DC + DC-DC fitted in? Say with a 95W CPU (non-OC).

Thanks!

nyxtom

Average Stuffer
Nov 5, 2018
Sorry if this has already been answered. New to SFF, the forum and SFF in general.

If I'm understanding correctly, the new (yet to be released) Gigabyte RTX 2070 Mini (169.99 x 121.45 mm) will fit with the 400W AC-DC & DC-DC in the S4M (skyreach) since it is true ITX in length (though not in height).

The Inno3D RTX 2070 Twin X2 (196 x 113 mm) is very slightly over height but should be ok (read somewhere that the 1.85mm shouldn't be a problem)?

However, the (also yet to be released) MSI RTX 2070 Aero (174 x 127 mm) will not fit since it is over height and over length?

Also, will heat be an issue with all 3 of 2070 + AC-DC + DC-DC fitted in? Say with a 95W CPU (non-OC).

Thanks!

I can tell you it should be fine, I have this card. You will have to get super low profile connectors to power the gpu though since the standard power connector is going to be too bulky. Other than that it should work maybe. It might be that you will have to take off the backplate though for it to work.

oldmonk

Caliper Novice
Dec 26, 2018
I can tell you it should be fine, I have this card. You will have to get super low profile connectors to power the gpu though since the standard power connector is going to be too bulky. Other than that it should work maybe. It might be that you will have to take off the backplate though for it to work.
Noticed your thread, planning a build very similar to yours. Since the 400W AC-DC isn't out yet, figure I'll also wait for the Gigabyte 2070. The 11xx series might be even better, since I'm not too fussed about ray tracing. Regardless, will be following your progress, hope it all goes well!

Reactions: nyxtom

CARC Mini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 5, 2018

i think you have this backwards, regarding video cards.

its their height that's the issue, you need to be under 116mm approximately.

Inno3D RTX 2070 definitely fits.

nyxtom

Average Stuffer
Nov 5, 2018

It does fit for sure, but the backplate extends a bit over so it's a little awkward. For reference I tried the AlphaCool XT45 Triple Radiator which is approximately 40mm wide. The HDPlex AC-DC is expected to be 40mm wide by 58mm height. I had to really try and jam it a bit to get the AlphaCool to fit, so it's going to be definitely super tight! This is the main reason you need low profile PCI pin connectors. There are a few forums here that are making requests, though I'm lucky enough that Josh modified my custom sleeves order to accommodate mine. Really hoping for a good new year! Otherwise, it looks like by the time this is out I'll have upgraded my build to a new generation of Ryzen and GPUs!

oldmonk

Caliper Novice
Dec 26, 2018

Part of why I'm hoping for clarification. Decided to read more of the thread to find answers. It does seem like it's either length or height. If either is "true" ITX, then the adapter will fit as well, just need to change the configuration. MSI supposedly a bit tight but Gigabyte should be ok, based on the 1070s, but the 2070s are similar enough in dimensions for both MSI and Gigabyte.

Basically, it seems like for 2070, the "ideal" brickless solutions are Gigabyte and Inno3D. Hopefully reviews/benchmarks come out for those.

CARC Mini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 5, 2018
Part of why I'm hoping for clarification. Decided to read more of the thread to find answers. It does seem like it's either length or height. If either is "true" ITX, then the adapter will fit as well, just need to change the configuration. MSI supposedly a bit tight but Gigabyte should be ok, based on the 1070s, but the 2070s are similar enough in dimensions for both MSI and Gigabyte.

Basically, it seems like for 2070, the "ideal" brickless solutions are Gigabyte and Inno3D. Hopefully reviews/benchmarks come out for those.

its not a length issue, because a SkyReach case can fit a 211mm long Zotac GPU.

the problem is when you use an internal HDPLEX 400W unit, 40mm or more is subtracted, from your GPU space.

an approximate calculation is that there is less than 160mm of space total.

so by my estimate, you need a video card that is under 116mm in height.

meaning that an Inno3D 2070 is your best choice.

19NinetySix

Trash Compacter
Jun 28, 2018
Well I've got bored of waiting.. had an S4M collecting dust for the last 7 or 8 month waiting on this and it's now 2019 lol.

So I've decided I'm going with external brick for now, then when or if this sees the light I will sell the Dell brick and go brick less

Have a node 202 to sell with power supply so the Dell brick will be a bit cheaper.

nyxtom

Average Stuffer
Nov 5, 2018
Well I've got bored of waiting.. had an S4M collecting dust for the last 7 or 8 month waiting on this and it's now 2019 lol.

So I've decided I'm going with external brick for now, then when or if this sees the light I will sell the Dell brick and go brick less

Have a node 202 to sell with power supply so the Dell brick will be a bit cheaper.

I'm actually likely to return a few of my components to upgrade for the upcoming Zen 2 chips and motherboards by the time this power supply comes out. Which isn't a bad thing but my goodness!

Reactions: br3nd0

CARC Mini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 5, 2018
I'm actually likely to return a few of my components to upgrade for the upcoming Zen 2 chips and motherboards by the time this power supply comes out. Which isn't a bad thing but my goodness!

are you located in the USA ??, because you have several parts that i could use.

nyxtom

Average Stuffer
Nov 5, 2018
are you located in the USA ??, because you have several parts that i could use.

I'm in Austin, TX. Though I'm not sure what to expect for new motherboards so I might end up sticking with my B450-I. What is very likely is that I'm going to return my Ryzen 2600 since Amazon does free refunds for most returns. Not 100% certain if I'll end up selling a few other things in the process.

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
Soooo 2019!
I really need a 400+W internal power supply for my dual Xeon Cerberus X. My very expensive PC is currently sitting on a rolling cart with an ATX PSU sandwiched between my GPU and the bottom of my case, blocking all other PCIe slots and preventing me from putting panels on or finalizing my build in any workable sense.
Get these things up on pre-order so I can sign up!

laser_ninja

Caliper Novice
Aug 19, 2018
kennui.com
This unit has a tiny fan. Is it quiet? Is it high pitched like flex PSUs? It's even smaller at 30mm in size.

The photos on the site (that they've had since forever) show it to be fairly long... do we have any updated pics? Would you have to mod them yourself if you want them shorter? I'm planning to have them very close to each other with the AC-DC and DC-DC units right next to each other.