Power Supply HDPlex 400W AC-DC Adapter

sparklepony

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2018
Or the grinch that ruins X-mas :D

Do we have any news on the status?
The last thing I heard about it was that Larry had an emergency and Josh had to ship the prototype back to him. This was about two weeks ago in the nfc YouTube channel.

Krauthaus

Chassis Packer
Nov 21, 2018
I will wait until 2019; if there is no light then i will go for a brick build :D (But be honest; i am too needy for this brick, so I will wait until the hell freezes XD)

Last edited:

sparklepony

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2018
If I don't hear some news very soon, I'm just pulling the trigger on a 330w+ brick. Patience is not a virtue of mine!

If I were you I would just order the brick if you have no other ways of powering your system at the moment.
I expect this to be in the hands of customers just around the end of January or start of February.
This is based on info I have from HDplex customer service, I won't bore you with the details, as the estimates are not exactly accurate, but I do not expect it any earlier than this.

Untero

Average Stuffer
Dec 14, 2017
I expect this to be in the hands of customers just around the end of January or start of February.
This is based on info I have from HDplex customer service, I won't bore you with the details, as the estimates are not exactly accurate, but I do not expect it any earlier than this.
Yeeey, 7th (or so?) delay!
At this point I don't carry about Larry's estimates anymore, every "would be ready %%getCurrentMonth() + 1%% " feels the same as "would be out when it's ready".

If I were you I would just order the brick if you have no other ways of powering your system at the moment.
Yeah, I'd also get a brick if the system is nonoperational, but my setup makes me wish I'd have a brick as well :D

kahn_mahru

Case Bender
Dec 10, 2018
hello guys
i have a question, i'm waiting the hdplex 400 ac dc adapter, but i need to use my pc atm, the dell 330w psu is ok for a config like this:
i5 6600k (not in overclock)
1060 6gb mini zotac
ryzen 16gb rgb ddr4 ram
msi z170i pro gaming ac
500gb samsung 860 evo ?

the brick is enaugh ? or i have to downvolt ?tnx

dealwithitx

Caliper Novice
Nov 15, 2017
hello guys
i have a question, i'm waiting the hdplex 400 ac dc adapter, but i need to use my pc atm, the dell 330w psu is ok for a config like this:
i5 6600k (not in overclock)
1060 6gb mini zotac
ryzen 16gb rgb ddr4 ram
msi z170i pro gaming ac
500gb samsung 860 evo ?

the brick is enaugh ? or i have to downvolt ?tnx
I think it's enough, I'm having no trouble powering my gear that draws the amount of power similar to yours. My gear:
i7-8700
1050 Ti
32 GB RAM
250 GB 860 evo
1 TB HDD

What's your DC-DC unit btw?

nyxtom

Average Stuffer
Nov 5, 2018
Getting real anxious for an update :eek: I would build without it and just use a dell external but where's the fun in that.

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
Getting real anxious for an update :eek: I would build without it and just use a dell external but where's the fun in that.

That's exactly what I'm up to right now, I bought a used 150€ Dell precision as a temporary laptop since my old one gave up... and it came with a 220W Dell brick. ill use this one for now and try not to stress it above 220W. Then sell it again later on :-)

kevlar

Average Stuffer
Jun 4, 2017
Hard to believe at one point it was slated to come out in October. Bummer, but can't wait to turn my S4M brickless!