Power Supply HDPlex 400W AC-DC Adapter

Thirumal Kumaran

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 22, 2018

Just showed up on my youtube subscription, not seen yet due to work.
Since I'm very curious to know how things went on the video, anyone who has watched the whole can help me with the below?

1. Does it fit in S4Mini?
2. How the mounting is suggested? screwed from outside or inside?
3. What height of card can fit in after mounting it in? any dimensions been come up?
4. Ventilation for the PSU? is a new face plate recommended?
5. how much clerance we have after mounting it in? do we have space for a C6 connector?

I'm really curious, and kindly help me on the same.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Just showed up on my youtube subscription, not seen yet due to work.
Since I'm very curious to know how things went on the video, anyone who has watched the whole can help me with the below?

1. Does it fit in S4Mini?
2. How the mounting is suggested? screwed from outside or inside?
3. What height of card can fit in after mounting it in? any dimensions been come up?
4. Ventilation for the PSU? is a new face plate recommended?
5. how much clerance we have after mounting it in? do we have space for a C6 connector?

I'm really curious, and kindly help me on the same.

He didn't show it in the S4mini but he kept saying how it was designed specifically for the S4mini. To be mounted on the side not the front of the S4M.

He currently just has a prototype that is hard limited to 400w. The final design to be released in the coming weeks will be 450w (but still be called HDPLEX 400)

1060s are the largest card that can fit, unless you can find the Galax 1070 mini.

Reactions: Nanook

fergunat000

Chassis Packer
Nov 27, 2017
He didn't show it in the S4mini but he kept saying how it was designed specifically for the S4mini. To be mounted on the side not the front of the S4M
He does show it in the S4mini he puts it in the case and leaves it there for the last 10 minutes of the stream

sparklepony

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2018
I am sure it will fit with the oversized cards if you mod the case a little bit. As soon as I have the 400w unit I will start cutting and upload a build log. From my testing with a cardboard box with the same dimensions it fits along the side with a zotac 1070 mini.

sparklepony

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2018
It looks like it is too long to have room for the fan mounted and the connector for the power cable at the same time. Please tell me it just looks like there is no room to actually mount it on the side with the connector fitted haha?

Elerek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 17, 2017
It looks like it is too long to have room for the fan mounted and the connector for the power cable at the same time. Please tell me it just looks like there is no room to actually mount it on the side with the connector fitted haha?
Josh mentioned it requires a low-profile pcie power connector

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
The 1070 Aero ITX should fit comfortably with this in mind. The 2070 Aero ITX variant was also just announced.

EDIT: Sorry - disregard, I was thinking the internal PSU unit was mounted at the rear!

Last edited:

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016

I’m thinking the MSI Aero itx 1070 will not fit as the fan and shroud exceed the ‘normal’ height for itx cards.

Above is mine with the Evga 1050ti itx and the 160w ac-dc in the S4 mini. The little 2-3mm logo on the side of the card touches. Basically if anything extends past the reference itx height pcb it’s probably not happening. Modding aside.

HYPERTiZ

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2018

I’m thinking the MSI Aero itx 1070 will not fit as the fan and shroud exceed the ‘normal’ height for itx cards.

Above is mine with the Evga 1050ti itx and the 160w ac-dc in the S4 mini. The little 2-3mm logo on the side of the card touches. Basically if anything extends past the reference itx height pcb it’s probably not happening. Modding aside.

Im not sure of my rx 570 from Sapphire pulse itx though. It probably will fit though.

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Feb 14, 2017
Yes that is the Galax Josh is talking about.

Almost certainly yes. Reference height for a GPU is 111.15mm while the Inno3D has a height of 113mm. Pretty sure the tolerance between the top of the GPU and the top of the PSU is significantly greater than 1.85mm.

That would be an incredible build.... exciting stuff.

HYPERTiZ

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2018
您可以使用机箱底部或内部前面板上的AC-DC单元

'You can use the AC-DC unit on the bottom of the chassis or on the inside front panel'

Used Google Translate - i dont know if putting it at the front = hot heat from the graphics card - I am probably just thinking too much. Definitely depends on the GPU - if its a true 'ITX' - shouldnt be a problem? Not sure about the dimensions of the HDPLEX 400W AC-DC Adapter VS Skyreach 4 Mini Case.

I think it fits? Maybe Josh | NFC can chime in and compare; as he has the prototype 400W version and it showed the bottom position in the case that's the most common install spot - I haven't watched the entire stream / video so I may have missed it if he had showed it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz

HYPERTiZ

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2018
He mentioned you could fit it in the front, if you cut some of case off. He also said if you were a modder it wouldn't be that hard to do
oh I definitely remember watching that - just forgotten haha must have been subtitles probably why - I often watch vids without audio

nyxtom

Average Stuffer
Nov 5, 2018
@Josh | NFC Just got the Inno3D delivered today. Looks like the dimensions seem to hold up. Will definitely need to do a custom cable for the connector but other than that it looks like the specs listed on the site are correct. The fan shroud also looks easy to take off without a hitch so I might be able to put in a few 92mm noctua fans (but let's not get carried away just yet).