Power Supply HDPlex 400W AC-DC Adapter

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
Here is my email with Larry(received March 5th):
Hi

We will start shippping all 400W ACDC preorders next week and your order 21479 will be shipped next week.
Thank you.

Larry

And so here is next week!!!

sparklepony

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2018
You know it's going to ship friday at 17:55, then get stuck in a warehouse over the weekend and arrive at your place friday next week when you are not home so you cannot pick it up before monday next week again LOL

Reactions: cornut

rook

Average Stuffer
Jul 9, 2018
Got mine up and running but I have complaints already !!

The thing is supplied with 4 different types of screws, a fan and a bunch of other stuff. There's no list of what each screw is for & the fan mounting holes are not threaded. I feel like none of the screws work in the fan mounting holes either. I thought about jamming the white n̶y̶l̶o̶n rubber screws in there, if they'd go, but those don't fit down into the fan shroud. Anyone else had success?

Edit: Read directly from the HDPlex website, "M3 Rubber screws for fan mounting". Time to mash 'em in there.

Last edited:

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Got mine up and running but I have complaints already !!

The thing is supplied with 4 different types of screws, a fan and a bunch of other stuff. There's no list of what each screw is for & the fan mounting holes are not threaded. I feel like none of the screws work in the fan mounting holes either. I thought about jamming the white n̶y̶l̶o̶n rubber screws in there, if they'd go, but those don't fit down into the fan shroud. Anyone else had success?

Edit: Read directly from the HDPlex website, "M3 Rubber screws for fan mounting". Time to mash 'em in there.

I don't know how it works with the HDPlex, but pc cases also don't have threaded fan holes. Can't you thread into the plastic of the fan?

19NinetySix

Trash Compacter
Jun 28, 2018
How long after a power cut is it safe to touch the case? (When ungrounded) I had one last night and it got me thinking.. since I'm considering just using the C8 rather then mod the case

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
How long after a power cut is it safe to touch the case? (When ungrounded) I had one last night and it got me thinking.. since I'm considering just using the C8 rather then mod the case
Nonsense. You should only worry about this if you use it with the case open. Let the certifications worry about that for you.

sparklepony

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2018
The case is kind of open at all times. I wouldn't want my kids fingers near this case. That said I also wouldn't worry about it.

HYPERTiZ

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2018
My order #21444 has shipped!
I think mine shipped 11th March - im guessing its stuck at Shenzhen International Mail Exchange Bureau or something - i'm extremely patient for some reason.

On a side note -

I did notice Josh in a video removed the housing from the HDPLEX to enable the GPU connector to sit with enough room to install - without needing to do anything drastic and keep it stock? Is that safe lol.. I mean it isnt like we'd like touch it internally but thatch a pretty neat solution

Wish more GPUs had horizontal connectors like the nano specifically for itx sizes though where clearance would never be an issue.

Last edited:

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
I contacted Larry yesterday, and the big batch is on it's way to Germany... and most likely arrived today as I just noticed my status is changed from on hold to Processing!!!

So fingers crossed !!!

Cheers!

t_sale

Chassis Packer
Sep 11, 2018
I contacted Larry yesterday, and the big batch is on it's way to Germany... and most likely arrived today as I just noticed my status is changed from on hold to Processing!!!

So fingers crossed !!!

Cheers!
Do you know how many are arriving in this batch and what order number do you have?

t_sale

Chassis Packer
Sep 11, 2018
No I don't know, more than enough I assume :-), I'm 414
Thanks mate! I certainly hope you're right. Such an exciting time! I'm very appreciative of Larry's commitment to the SFF community and what an incredible product he's made. So glad he was able to bring it to market.

Reactions: Kmpkt