News Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX RTX 4060 Low Profile

Gigabyte is creating an RTX 4060 low-profile card: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/g...-be-the-first-low-profile-ada-lovelace-design

3 fans, single 8-pin, 2 slots.

Pie in the sky, but would love to see an RTX 4060ti (or more crazy RTX 4070) model at some point.

___

16/01/2023 Addendum

ASUS now has a 4060 Low Profile card.
188mm, triple fan.

___

19/04/2024 Addendum

Galax has a card
182mm, triple fan, but the PCIE cable is at the front which will affect clearance without a custom solution.
Will advise to look for something slightly bigger

Cases these will fit into (double check before you buy, not everything is available):

Lenovo P3/P360 ULTRA - 182mm* - Gigabyte (May require modding)/Adapter Needed
ZS A4DC V3 - 182mm* - Gigabyte (May require modding)
ZS D2 (D Config) - 182mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Possible PCIE cable issue)
Gemcase C9 - 182mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Possible PCIE cable issue)
Lone Industries L5 - 185mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
Custom_Mod SL3 STL 4.8L Rev.1 - 185mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
n3rdware Yocto - 185mm** (Guidance rather than a limit) - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
n3rdware Yocto+ - 185mm** Guidance rather than a limit) - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
ZS D2 V2 - 186mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
Custom_Mod Case MINI LP edit. - 190mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
J-Hack Pure MK2 - 190mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
Lazer3D HT5 - 194mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Lazer3D Cravo - 195mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
CAPTAIN CASE V9 - 208mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
REVOCCASES N0RDR1 Nano EVO - 210mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Metalfish 2 Plus - 210mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
LZmod A24-V5 V2.0 - 220mm- Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Silverstone Milo ML03 - 223mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Silverstone Milo ML04 - 223mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Metalfish G5 - 245mm*** - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (MATX Board width)
Bug C1 - 245mm*** - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (MATX Board width)
SKTC A10 - 245mm*** - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (MATX Board width)
Silverstone Milo ML11 - 272mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX

Last edited:

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
This is the first PEG powered, low-profile GPU is an very, very long time. I have always wondered why this wasn't more of a thing. The heatsink looks capable enough for the extra heat over a 75w card. This should make for some interesting builds in combination with a 65w CPU and the HDPlex 250w unit!

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Oh wow, a card with a proper heatsink for LP ! And as a result a GPU that's not iGPU performance !

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Interesting. Someone took inspiration from the triple fan modded A2000 of Revoccases:)
But it's great, three fans that completely cover a vertical heatsink sounds great - certainly a better design than their dual fanned 1650 LP. Which was fine with merely 75w, let's hope this will run just as cool as that.

Stifle

Trash Compacter
Mar 22, 2021
Hopefully this sells well enough to promote more/better cards of this configuration. The optiplex crowd as well as the enthusiast sub-5L folks rejoice

I have a LLW V36pro case waiting for just such a card as this. Going to pick one up and put the guts of my Loque Ghost 12700K build into it for a more mobile CAD workstation.

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2019
@thelaughingman beautiful case... I was also immediately thinking of it. Like the idea of a classic layout that manages to hit sandwich style thinness (<10cm) thanks to LP cards.

BUT 3.93L and 60mm is still difficult to beat with internal PSU... L12S/no riser, but only LP.

3.27L could be possible with the 250W GaN potentially limiting CPU cooler height 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: thelaughingman

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
Woah, if this thing is real, it will be a day 1 purchase for me.

But somehow... I find this hard to believe? LIke, who is this for except for harcore SFF people on this forum?

This is probably too long for most office PCs. and their PSUs don't come with spare 8 pin connectors (and probably couldn't handle the extra load anyway).

Anyone with a non-SFF PC is better off buying a "high profile" card... Maybe some "niche" rendering farm/AI applications for people that don't want to budget for the RTX 4000 Ada, but in those cases you would really need a blower cooler...

So yeah I really really hope this is real and will be available in Europe, but... somehow I am super sceptical we'll ever see this thing hit the market.

Reactions: thelaughingman

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
This is amazing news, can't wait to see what people do with these cards!

Allot of the 4060 reviews have been negative from the big channels, but I think they've missed the biggest advantage of this 40 series being it's huge increase in power efficiency and lower TDP's, bringing fun and opportunity back to smaller builds!

Reactions: ondert

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Allot of the 4060 reviews have been negative from the big channels, but I think they've missed the biggest advantage of this 40 series being it's huge increase in power efficiency and lower TDP's, bringing fun and opportunity back to smaller builds!

I agree. We've been shouting at Nvidia's crazy power draw the last gens. Now they deal with it, and people start focussing on chip size. I'm starting to think that, to some, it will never be enough.

Sure, the step up in performance is less than previous generations, where the X60 would sometimes be almost as good as the previous gen X80. But the 3000 series also had a crazy power draw, so we can't expect them to fix both that and still uplifting the performace by so much.

I was actually hoping for a 75w RTX 4050 after I heard that the 4060 was only 115w, but having a low profile 4060 sounds even better to me.

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
This is amazing news, can't wait to see what people do with these cards!

I'm thinking your CG7 Cravo would be a good choice for this card.

Reactions: K888D

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 22, 2017
I was actually hoping for a 75w RTX 4050 after I heard that the 4060 was only 115w, but having a low profile 4060 sounds even better to me.

This is the 4050, This is why people are pissed (AD107 Is the smallest die in the Ada Lovelace generation)
Ngreedia have no limit to the scum tactics they will use to maximise profits.
With a 2 node bump (Over Samsung 8m on the 3xxx cards, Samsung 8nm was a tweaked variant of their 10nm process)
That 2 node bump gave all the Ada Lovelace dies a massive performance increase.
So instead of giving that increase to the consumer, Ngreedia chose instead to upsell the dies to the next tiers of cards.
Here they have used the AD107 dies, which should have gone into the 4050 cards.

But, as previously stated they decided instead to upsell the dies to the next tiers as they don't want you to have that much extra performance in 1 generation.
It's pure greed !!!

They are "NOT" selling you a more power efficient card, they are selling you "Less" silicon for even more money.

I'm not even going to respond to any kind of reply's with but, but, but you get this, you get that.
If anyone wants to throw $300 into an 8gb / 128bit bus "Trash Tier" GPU in 2023, you go right ahead and reinforce to Ngreedia you find that acceptable.

Last edited:

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
This is the 4050, This is why people are pissed (AD107 Is the smallest die in the Ada Lovelace generation)
Ngreedia have no limit to the scum tactics they will use to maximise profits.
With a 2 node bump (Over Samsung 8m on the 3xxx cards, Samsung 8nm was a tweaked variant of their 10nm process)
That 2 node bump gave all the Ada Lovelace dies a massive performance increase.
So instead of giving that increase to the consumer, Ngreedia chose instead to upsell the dies to the next tiers of cards.
Here they have used the AD107 dies, which should have gone into the 4050 cards.

But, as previously stated they decided instead to upsell the dies to the next tiers as they don't want you to have that much extra performance in 1 generation.
It's pure greed !!!

They are "NOT" selling you a more power efficient card, they are selling you "Less" silicon for even more money.

I'm not even going to respond to any kind of reply's with but, but, but you get this, you get that.
If anyone wants to throw $300 into an 8gb / 128bit bus "Trash Tier" GPU in 2023, you go right ahead and reinforce to Ngreedia you find that acceptable.
Why do we need to see a 50% performance increase with 30% + power draw each generation?

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 22, 2017
So you think $300 for a trash tier xx50 class GPU with a crippled 128bit bus and a meager 8gb of GDDR6 is good value?
These cards cost peanuts to make, the profit is obscene, which is all part of Nvidia's plan to sell you less hardware for more money.

If you want to buy into that, go right ahead.

The whole Ada lovelace range you are being sold less hardware for more money as every die is upsold into the tier of cards above it.

The cards are just sitting on shelves with tiny amounts of sales throughout the whole range.

If you want to gloss over the price, fine.
But do not delude yourself you are buying power efficiency with a "good" level of performance with the 4060. You really aren't !!!

Sure we have dozens of people in here that will buy one anyway, they don't give a shit how much things cost (I'm one of those people) But not with this, it really is trash tier.

Last edited:
Reactions: riba2233

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
I have a 3060 in my system that I bought 2 years ago for around £500, you can now buy a 4060 for £290. I'm not saying that makes the 4060 good value, but it's something to consider.

I'm not disputing your points, they are valid and you're entitled to think that and I do partly agree.

But I also value frames per watt, probably as much, if not more than frames per $. People paid well above the frames per $ value for the A2000, simply because it offered buckets more performance than the next best thing available in low profile, I think that tells you that some people value power efficiency more.

This forum focuses on SFF and for us power budgets are limited, so for allot of people with for example a 200w PSU, you can now get nearly twice the FPS than was previously possible (i.e. 3050 + 65w CPU vs 4060 + 65w CPU). Whether you want to call it a 4050 or a 4060 is besides the point in my eyes if you're getting double the FPS in scenarios such as this one.

Reactions: Phuncz

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 22, 2017
What people do with their money in entirely up to them.
As I said dozens of people here will buy one.
I can see people wanting it from the workstation angle etc. But as a gamer you really don't want this POS lol. Not at $300.

Reactions: K888D