Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Too easy to scratch the surface without anodizing or paint to protect it.

Don't want to deal with extra SKU tracking and damages during packaging / logistics.
Pure beskar for v1.6 it is, then! 🙃 Super funny jokes aside, totally get it.

So cool to see the test fittings! Do I dare to put the stock cooler back on my 3080 FE??

EDIT: Also REWIND:

I'm only now noticing the moved female power plug from the top / bottom center over to the side panel and lower down.

From the perspective of my past three-ish watercooled builds: that feels like a big deal QOL update if that position is standard across all of the different v1.5 kits referenced thus far!

Last edited:
Reactions: JDuval

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Pure beskar for v1.6 it is, then! 🙃 Super funny jokes aside, totally get it.

So cool to see the test fittings! Do I dare to put the stock cooler back on my 3080 FE??

EDIT: Also REWIND:

I'm only now noticing the moved female power plug from the top / bottom center over to the side panel and lower down.

From the perspective of my past three-ish watercooled builds: that feels like a big deal QOL update if that position is standard across all of the different v1.5 kits referenced thus far!

There is no space near Top/Bottom right 😄

For 280 setup, prob need a custom cable for clearance. Anyways, will test all these things.

Reactions: SoSquidTaste

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
That backside looks ideal for two intake fans! Hope the chromax 80mm will fit.

I was wondering if you're going to integrate the power plug somewhat more like the T1 yet? I feel that it clicking into the case in the current case looks more premium and there's definitely room to have it milled that way in the position where it is now in the 1.5.

Are you going to do something with the gap next to the gpu where you screw it in? As it is right now it looks a bit unfinished because it doesn't flow with the rest of the design.
Won't be seen with the side on, but for people that want to run it with a window or just no side at all, this might look a bit weird?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kapsi

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
That backside looks ideal for two intake fans! Hope the chromax 80mm will fit.

I was wondering if you're going to integrate the power plug somewhat more like the T1 yet? I feel that it clicking into the case in the current case looks more premium and there's definitely room to have it milled that way in the position where it is now in the 1.5.

Are you going to do something with the gap next to the gpu where you screw it in? As it is right now it looks a bit unfinished because it doesn't flow with the rest of the design.
Won't be seen with the side on, but for people that want to run it with a window or just no side at all, this might look a bit weird?

For T1-Reference, there is no space to recess the female power cable. Any recess will interfere with CPU cooler and Radiator. For the GPU cutout relating to glass, it's not an issue if the glass has a black border, that is what we plan to do.

For T1-Sandwich, the power plug is recessed, because there is space.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
For T1-Reference, there is no space to recess the female power cable. Any recess will interfere with CPU cooler and Radiator. For the GPU cutout relating to glass, it's not an issue if the glass has a black border, that is what we plan to do.

For T1-Sandwich, the power plug is recessed, because there is space.
Thanks for the info.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Am I correct in thinking that the C14S can only be used in the reference setup? i.e. With a 2 slot GPU?
Yes, only with the Reference kit. It will not work in the Sandwich (default) mode.

Yes, and build verified.

Also, there is 2.25-Slot GPU space, so 2.2-Slot GPUs like EVGA 3090 XC3 *should also fit using custom Angle 6+2 Molex power cable. Since I don’t have this GPU, I can’t test to verify.

eagle29

What's an ITX?
New User
Sep 12, 2021
So from what I can tell, the three v1.5 configurations are T1-Reference, T1-Sandwich, and T1-Tower? Will the two-tone be available for all three?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
So from what I can tell, the three v1.5 configurations are T1-Reference, T1-Sandwich, and T1-Tower? Will the two-tone be available for all three?
This isn't official, but I'm going to say yes. The two-tone, AFAIK, only changes the front panel to be two pieces instead of one, so all these kits should, at least to my knowledge, work with both two-tone and unibody fronts.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

Tower Stand and Two Tone Panel will be sold as extra accessory.

Two Tone Panel was one of the big reasons for delay last batch. So we are not offering it as a standard config since it could hold back production. Two Tone is compatible with all V1.5 T1, but V1.5 only.

Tower Stand can make either Reference or Sandwich vertical, but not everyone cares for a vertical case. Tower Stand is compatible with all V1.5 T1, but V1.5 only.

So these are accessories.

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020
Bummer re: the C14S. It's almost impossible to get the reference cards in Oz. Oh well, them's the breaks.

Will the tower stand be available at the same time as the case?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Bummer re: the C14S. It's almost impossible to get the reference cards in Oz. Oh well, them's the breaks.

Will the tower stand be available at the same time as the case?

In theory, you should be able to get C14S and EVGA XC3 working in T1-Reference, or other 112mm tall and 2.25 slot or less GPU.

Maybe it’s time to start a Google Spreadsheet.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Tower Stand and Two Tone Panel will be sold as extra accessory.

Two Tone Panel was one of the big reasons for delay last batch. So we are not offering it as a standard config since it could hold back production. Two Tone is compatible with all V1.5 T1, but V1.5 only.

Tower Stand can make either Reference or Sandwich vertical, but not everyone cares for a vertical case. Tower Stand is compatible with all V1.5 T1, but V1.5 only.

So these are accessories.
Will the two tone panel be available on launch?

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020
In theory, you should be able to get C14S and EVGA XC3 working in T1-Reference, or other 112mm tall and 2.25 slot or less GPU.

Maybe it’s time to start a Google Spreadsheet.

I've finally received my GPU (woohoo!!), the ASUS 3080 TUF OC, which is 2.7-slot. So the reference setup is a no-go for me.

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
Is there a huge difference between C14S in this layout and NH-L12(s) in a sandwich layout (CPU or/and GPU wise) ? With the NH-L12 sandwich layout, are we ‘’still’’ limited to FE and EVGA XC3 (ultra) in terms of GPU slots in the 1.5 ? Planning to use a 5600X non OC, so i’d favour cooling better the GPU.
(sorry for my english)