Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

JonnoWasTaken

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 14, 2021

2021-08-28: T1 V1.5 Update:​

Waiting for anodizing on the prototype. Will reach out to Beta Testers once I finished testing.
These renders look great, I nearly pulled the trigger on an Ncase M1 for my first SFF build but the reference layout has caught my attention, might have to hold off until I can get my hands on one of these.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
This is interesting! I like it!
Does this mean there will be no more rear mounted power button?
Is it also possible to switch the position of the power button and type-c header so they can be on either side of the case?
Or is this one of the optional accessories? Really looking like customization with this version is going to be crazy.

You can *still mount rear Vandal Power Switch if you choose to.

New version adds USB-C Front I/O mounting and USB-C Power Button to the side of the Front Panel. And yes, location swappable.

DavidN

Caliper Novice
Mar 9, 2021
Damn those 1.5 renders look sweeeeet. Been waiting since last November and even had my other components on the shelf since then. Guess I can wait a little longer (but please, please, not too long)... :)

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Will the HWL 280GTS radiator support allow a second TX240 radiator? Or will the configuration only allow the single 280GTS?

The radiator will fit, the problem is the fans.

For dual radiator setup, you will need two slim fans on *one of the radiator touching the Mesh Side Panel, where the TX240 with two thick 25mm fans will be next to the Top/Bottom Panel. You can’t get slim 140mm with 140mm fan mounting afaik - that’s the real challenge.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
The radiator will fit, the problem is the fans.

For dual radiator setup, you will need two slim fans on *one of the radiator touching the Mesh Side Panel, where the TX240 with two thick 25mm fans will be next to the Top/Bottom Panel. You can’t get slim 140mm with 140mm fan mounting afaik - that’s the real challenge.

Oh, fascinating! Do you have any experience with those Noctua 120-to-140mm fan adapters? I'm happy to try test fitting the 280 GTS I have on hand + 2x NF-A12x15 + 140 adapter on the side and compare it with the spare TX240 also on the shelf right now. Even got a couple of those Kaze 12mm fans on hand that could go in the mix! Just in case beta test batch hasn't been finalized yet

Reactions: Kapsi

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Oh, fascinating! Do you have any experience with those Noctua 120-to-140mm fan adapters? I'm happy to try test fitting the 280 GTS I have on hand + 2x NF-A12x15 + 140 adapter on the side and compare it with the spare TX240 also on the shelf right now. Even got a couple of those Kaze 12mm fans on hand that could go in the mix! Just in case beta test batch hasn't been finalized yet
I'd be curious how these work with slim fans. Wouldn't the "pegs" need to be trimmed down as well to match the fans being attached?

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
I'd be curious how these work with slim fans. Wouldn't the "pegs" need to be trimmed down as well to match the fans being attached?

That's precisely what I'm envisioning, too. TBH I haven't worked with them before but it looks like they're just structural elements. And we're certainly no strangers to filing down superfluous bits of Noctua plastic here in this thread, right :p

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
That's precisely what I'm envisioning, too. TBH I haven't worked with them before but it looks like they're just structural elements. And we're certainly no strangers to filing down superfluous bits of Noctua plastic here in this thread, right :p

3D print the fan adapter.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
3D print the fan adapter.

I've made a simple adapter for e.g. CRYORIG XT140 and similar fans - suitable for laser cutting (e.g. 0.5mm stainless steel) - drawings are here - feel free to use for your personal DIY projects

D

Deleted member 24274

If I choose to install the rear anti-riot power switch, the front USB-C power button will be useless

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
If I choose to install the rear anti-riot power switch, the front USB-C power button will be useless
You can use it as a reset switch. I have two buttons on the back of my T1, one for power (which is the premium button I bought after I got the case) and then the stock button that came with the case is a reset button. Comes in handy every once in a while.
Plus, if you put your case near a wall like I do, you won't be able to realistically use one of the sides of the case, so that's the side I would put the reset switch on, so I can have easy access to the type-c header. This is my current plan for when I get a v1.5 (Have a power button at the back, type-c header facing me, and then reset button on the other side)
Or, you can theoretically wire both buttons to the power button header on your motherboard, so either one of them can turn it on.

Reactions: AlexTSG
D

Deleted member 24274

You can use it as a reset switch. I have two buttons on the back of my T1, one for power (which is the premium button I bought after I got the case) and then the stock button that came with the case is a reset button. Comes in handy every once in a while.
Plus, if you put your case near a wall like I do, you won't be able to realistically use one of the sides of the case, so that's the side I would put the reset switch on, so I can have easy access to the type-c header. This is my current plan for when I get a v1.5 (Have a power button at the back, type-c header facing me, and then reset button on the other side)
Or, you can theoretically wire both buttons to the power button header on your motherboard, so either one of them can turn it on.
I like the minimalist style. The reset button is redundant for me, but I will consider your plan. After all, this is more reasonable.