Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Thanks! Yes I have both TX240 and HanJiang, I will probably use Hanjiang on the side due to it being slimmer, so more room for fans to breath.
My main issue is the pump + res combo. Having a radiator as long as 270mm I have only 42mm left to work with (and the Magic Cube with DDC pump is about 46mm high as someone posted on reddit). And it seems none of the popular options would fit except for a double DC-LT set up. Any ideas on what alternatives do I have?
you can test your luck with Alphacool 1U DDC reservoir, just be prepared to seal it yourself in case it leaks

Reactions: DrHudacris

Mastersock

Efficiency Noob
Oct 12, 2020
For yall with the dual rad setups, do you think an se 240 will work with the same koolance low profile 90 with the rotary extender as fabio? Looking at his photos, the se has the holes closer to the center, so im worried that if I go with the same fittings I won't have enough fan clearance. But I also can't find any fittings with the right length. A low profile fitting, or any fitting for that matter with a 5mm extender is too long im pretty sure and will push the side rad against the side panel. If there's not solution for this I might just get a g2.

Additionally, does the g2 fit well in the case?
Thanks!

megeralt

Chassis Packer
Oct 9, 2020
you can test your luck with Alphacool 1U DDC reservoir, just be prepared to seal it yourself in case it leaks

It does look like an option and I am open to some light modifications if it can make it work eventually. What do you think about this Watercool DDC top though, it's only 20mm which means with a pump it would still be around 40mm thick. The only issue is that the tube has to go into the centre of the housing as there is no other inlet ports on the side at all. I am thinking whether placing it vertically with a 90 degree fitting and running the tube in between the gpu block and radiator would work?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
It does look like an option and I am open to some light modifications if it can make it work eventually. What do you think about this Watercool DDC top though, it's only 20mm which means with a pump it would still be around 40mm thick. The only issue is that the tube has to go into the centre of the housing as there is no other inlet ports on the side at all. I am thinking whether placing it vertically with a 90 degree fitting and running the tube in between the gpu block and radiator would work?
no idea about the watercool top, haven't seen anyone testing it either. re-Alphacool 1U DDC res, check fabio's build, there's only 1 orientation that it would work

D

Deleted member 19228

Does the mobo side have any clerance to make a small bracket for ddc pump in 3 slots mode?
If not so I will wait for the sexy 2.75 slots.

futurewau

Average Stuffer
Sep 20, 2019
Sorry if this has been asked before, im fairly new in the itx world.

but how many SSDs does it fit?
does it fit 2x SSDs like the sm560?

D

Deleted member 19228

If you are talking 3-slot gpu config, as far as I know not.
Only if you run something like the Apogee Drive II or Nouvolo Aquanaut.
Check out this post for some basic measurements: reddit
Yes I just need this confirmation
So the T1 with 2.75 slots could be a nice spot for a ddc pump bracket
@Wahaha360 Do you have any idea with the pump bracket with 2.75 slots mode?

eedev

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 23, 2020
Sorry if this has been asked before, im fairly new in the itx world.

but how many SSDs does it fit?
does it fit 2x SSDs like the sm560?
You can fit up to 2 SATA SSDs, it depends on the number of slots your graphics card will use.
A first SSD can be mounted between the PSU and the front panel, another one can be mounted on a specific bracket when you flip the PSU.

You can just put them where there's space left also (some people tape them to the PSU).

Last edited:

megeralt

Chassis Packer
Oct 9, 2020
no idea about the watercool top, haven't seen anyone testing it either. re-Alphacool 1U DDC res, check fabio's build, there's only 1 orientation that it would work

Do we really need to use a DDC top? Can't I just get the DDC pump and use it as is? Based on what I have read so far the top is there to improve head pressure and flow, but I thought even a stock DDC would be plenty for a small loop in T1 so can we just not putting a top on it, so that there will be less clearance issues?

Nykwil

Cable Smoosher
Sep 11, 2020
Do we really need to use a DDC top? Can't I just get the DDC pump and use it as is? Based on what I have read so far the top is there to improve head pressure and flow, but I thought even a stock DDC would be plenty for a small loop in T1 so can we just not putting a top on it, so that there will be less clearance issues?

Cant use a ddc pump without a pump top, the impeller and gasket of the pump need to be encased in a top to work.

The aquanaut which is a cpu block with a space for a ddc pump to connect to it would be a topless solution, but it needs to be "topped" or it will not seal and pump water. I'm holding off on an aquanaut till qc goes up, but that's a good space saving solution for any gpu slot mode

megeralt

Chassis Packer
Oct 9, 2020
Cant use a ddc pump without a pump top, the impeller and gasket of the pump need to be encased in a top to work.

The aquanaut which is a cpu block with a space for a ddc pump to connect to it would be a topless solution, but it needs to be "topped" or it will not seal and pump water. I'm holding off on an aquanaut till qc goes up, but that's a good space saving solution for any gpu slot mode

Thanks for that, I asked because I thought the stock DDC pumps (such as the Laing ones) are properly sealed considering it comes with inlet and outlet ports, and the aftermarket top is used to replace the stock top for better performance.

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
I think @megeralt is referring to a standard laing ddc pump, with the factory pump top.
If that's so and you don't need screw-in fittings for the loop you've planned, then why not.
Personally I don't really trust connections without compression rings :D
Also most enthusiasts are swapping the top for the looks anyway, right? ^^

megeralt

Chassis Packer
Oct 9, 2020
I think @megeralt is referring to a standard laing ddc pump, with the factory pump top.
If that's so and you don't need screw-in fittings for the loop you've planned, then why not.
Personally I don't really trust connections without compression rings :D
Also most enthusiasts are swapping the top for the looks anyway, right? ^^
Yes those are the ones I am referring to, sorry for not being very clear. Do people do it solely for the looks? I mean I get it if the case is a lot larger where we can showcase the pump properly but given that in T1 we are pretty much squeezing it between front panel and the GPU block I would have thought people are doing it for better performance hahaha. If that is the only difference then I might actually just go with the stock Laing DDC, it might be the only option I have for now by the looks of it...

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
I'd argue mostly for security and flexibility reasons, because "screw-in" fittings at least seem more trustworthy and the 3rd party tops give you more in/out ports to choose from. Also helps with mounting the pump in the desired way.
Also changing the stock top/bottom/housing of the ddc might help with the pump thermals itself - this thing can get pretty warm.
This stuff is usually made out of some kind of metal, at least the housing and bottom part.

Last edited:

megeralt

Chassis Packer
Oct 9, 2020
I'd argue mostly for security and flexibility reasons, because "screw-in" fittings at least seem more trustworthy and the 3rd party tops give you more in/out ports to choose from. Also helps with mounting the pump in the desired way.
Also changing the stock top/bottom/housing of the ddc might help with the pump thermals itself - this thing can get pretty warm.
This stuff is usually made out of some kind of metal, at least the housing and bottom part.
Yes I can see your points. I will still get the housing and try to fit it as best as I can, if that doesn't work then I will just use it as stock. Thanks a lot for your help!

Reactions: Gerold

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
My new rads arrived :)

Caleb

Chassis Packer
Jul 26, 2020
Just posted this on reddit but I think it belongs here as well! Apologies for the long post!

This is the first 3080 custom loop in the FormD T1 I believe so I have put together some findings that some may find useful for their build in the future.

We'll start off with some specs:
PC Components:
Formd T1
i7 10700K
RTX 3080
Asus Z490-I Gaming
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2X16GB) DDR4 3600
500GB Samsung M.2 NVMe SSD
1TB Samsung SATA SSD
Corsair SF750
Custom Cables

Watercooling Parts:
EK Quantum Velocity CPU Block
EK 3080 Quantum Vector GPU Block
2x Noctua NF-A12x15 Chromax Fans
Alphacool Eiszapfen G1/4 Inline Temperature Sensor
Koolance QD3 Quick Disconnects
Laing 12V DDC-1T Plus PWM Pump
EK ZMT 10/16mm Tubing
EK SE 240 Classic Radiator
EK Fittings

Now for thermals. This is primarily a gaming machine, I have set up the system to perform well in gaming loads at a very low noise level. At stock power draw the 3080 is very inefficient, luckily the RTX 3080 undervolts very well. My undervolt is set up for 1800MHz at 800mV using MSI Afterburner. This causes a drop of around 100W of power during some gaming loads compared to stock for a loss of only a few frames per second. The ambient temperature during these tests was around 24°C.

I also have my fan curve set based on water temperature. At idle the fans run at around 950 rpm with is basically silent. The fan speed ramps up to around 1400rpm at a coolant temp of 50°C. My pump is being run at 35% fixed, which is about 3000rpm.

I did a few tests to cover the most common questions, you can use the power draw figures to adjust to your specific use case. Click on the titles for a screenshot from HWiNFO for each test.

Furmark GPU Stress Test

System Load​
~ 300W​
CPU Max Temp​
69°C​
GPU Max Temp​
59°C​
Coolant Max Temp​
50°C​
Fans Max RPM​
1430rpm​

Furmark GPU Stress Test + Prime95 Blended CPU Stress Test

System Load​
~ 400W​
CPU Max Temp​
88°C​
GPU Max Temp​
70°C​
Coolant Max Temp​
59°C​
Fans Max RPM​
1430rpm​

COD Warzone

System Load​
~ 285W​
CPU Max Temp​
67°C​
GPU Max Temp​
51°C​
Coolant Max Temp​
45°C​
Fans Max RPM​
1260rpm​

Rainbow Six Siege

System Load​
~ 300W​
CPU Max Temp​
68°C​
GPU Max Temp​
55°C​
Coolant Max Temp​
46°C​
Fans Max RPM​
1280rpm​

As you can see this setup performs quite well under gaming loads. A 45°C coolant temperature is very reasonable considering the low fan speed and noise, only 300rpm above idle settings.

With this fan curve coolant temperature does get quite high with a synthetic load on both the CPU and GPU, however this will never occur under normal gaming loads and therefore isn't an issue for me personally.

All in all I am very pleased with these results and think this is a very viable setup for gaming with a 3080. Now we wait for Cyberpunk!

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
man, I´ve been disconnected of the ssf world for some months, and I see this build... that PCB is small!! many ideas come to mind.

Anyway. very nice build I love this case, and your build looks very nice, good temps to my eyes.

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
Has anyone seen a good roundup of the AIB 3080s yet? Looking for consolidated view of thermal performance so I can start shopping!

Did some brief-ish googling and didn't see anything but off the top of my head I think the TUF is the best that fits in the t1?