Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
this is why I looted the 3M Riser from the Dan A4 ? ? ? and you guys with Gen4 M.2 NVME drives should also go and get a Gen4 riser

Hey I have the exact same motherboard and BIOS version and I set this option to "Gen3" in preparation for 30-series card. Your reply made me curious so I benchmarked my SSD with this option set to "Gen3" vs. "Auto".

My SSD is Corsair MP600 1TB, which is a first-gen PCI-E 4.0 SSD. From the test results it's clear that this setting affects speed of NVMe slots as well which is really unfortunate. The performance hit would be greater for those 2nd-gen NVMe SSDs that are much faster (read speed can reach 7000MB/s). Running those in 3.0 speed would be a waste of money.

Here's my benchmark results:
Hopefully there will be more gen4 compatible riser cables coming out.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
*** MODBREAK ***

After being notified of unwanted and uncalled for behaviour, I've reviewed this thread and unfortunately seeing things that aren't welcome.

This is a forum for everyone, no matter who you are, where you are from, where you come from or anything like that. That is what makes forums like this unique - a place where we all come togheter, in a shared interest that we have for SFF enclosures, amongst other things.

With this said, everyone and I mean, everyone, has their own opinions, ideas, thoughts etc - and it's their right and they are entitled to it.
This doesn't however mean that any kind of responses are welcome, we have an open and especially a friendly, athmosphere in here.

A product takes time, money, patience and sweat to bring to market. That's just the hard reality, but doesn't mean - and I'm not pointing towards anyone here, just speaking in general - you have the right to get at people for bringing ideas, suggestions and/or questions regarding the project in question.

That's one of the reasons this forum exists and why we all love it. To bring forward the things I've already mentioned above, in an attempt to make this product as good, and the best, that it can be.

As I highly doubt that a single person in here wants anything different than that. Or am I wrong here on that statement?

So keep it friendly everyone, I know it can be a bit heated at times. That is why we have this lovely community to bring these things to our attention, so we can jump in and keep the athmosphere friendly. Since there's no reason for it not to be and that's why we all love this forum.

Keep it friendly everyone and have an awesome week ahead! :)

devolv

Trash Compacter
Feb 5, 2020
A lot of people are having issues with their CPU pump block not fitting. 2.5 slot mode would solve most of their issues. Right now, the only way to solve this problem is to set it to 2 slot mode. 2 slot mode limits GPU thickness, so that's not good. 2.5 slot would be a nice sweet spot for water-cooling and custom loops.
As a person that has done a waterloop in 2 slot mode, I would say that it's best to look into a separate pump and reservoir. 2.5 slot mode will introduce other issues regarding GPU fitment that is already limited with the new RTX 3000 series. Like how Fabio has already given us examples of running several different water cooling loops with different pump variations, I would say that the options are already there. Ontop of that @gwertheim has already mentioned, updating the already well thought out design and great quality components will take a long time, and this is time that customers will likely not be willing to wait. Let alone the costs to retool and get new quality control into.

I waited to get my hands on the T1 since the days it was called SidearmD, and I only recently finished my build. Are you willing to wait up to 6months to a year for this newly updated retooled T1 with the 2.5 slot mode?

Honestly, if you really want it being capable of 2.5 slot mode. Be an innovator / creative and mod the T1 yourself to make it fit your needs, like most of the earlier adopters here.

Last edited:

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
It's been awhile since I have been active and able to keep up with the thread. I have seen a few people use the new Nouvolo Aquanaut. What is the general consensus for the Aquanaut in the T1? I'm currently using the DC-LT 40 res and 2600lt pump. No issues with it so far, but wondering if I should make the switch.

Reactions: DrHudacris

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
It's been awhile since I have been active and able to keep up with the thread. I have seen a few people use the new Nouvolo Aquanaut. What is the general consensus for the Aquanaut in the T1? I'm currently using the DC-LT 40 res and 2600lt pump. No issues with it so far, but wondering if I should make the switch.
reported performance thus far have been good, on par with Apogee Drive II. fitment is great - no bulge in 3-slot mode, and quality is good also - minor cosmetic defects and mounting screws not ideals, but no structural issues or leaks. whether you should switch is up to your need - longer GPU? 2nd rad? random things in the GPU chamber? since that is what Aquanaut gives you over the DC-LT combo

Last edited:

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Honestly, if you really want it being capable of 2.5 slot mode. Be an innovator / creative and mod the T1 yourself to make it fit your needs, like most of the earlier adopters here.

I completely agree with everything you said and for me this point is rather important.

This case is designed for air cooling or a small AIO loop using the LT240. We have been explicitly told it’s not been designed for extensive water loops.

So far we have had 480mm of radiators, burificated 2080ti’s, pumps / cpu blocks of every shape / size and plenty of failed alphacool dc-lt’s.

New or niche products like the AQUANAUT, m2426 or the Hiajiang 17mm radiators have been seized upon by the T1 early adopters to allow innovation, creativity and bending what is deemed possible.

In summary, if it doesn’t do what you want then you have the ability to change that.

Edit: I should add, if you have suggestions then obviously speak up and air them. Consumer feedback is important for any manufacturer but don’t let the fact it doesn’t do it out the box stop you.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
2.5 slot would be a nice sweet spot for water-cooling and custom loops.
totally agree,
that would give a lot more flexibility.
2.5 slot will make a lot of people happy XD
Was just suggesting a 2.5 slot mode to add a lot of flexibility and hardware support
allowing for 2.5 slot (cooler and block compatibility), allowing to move things around and put fans on top without flipping the case (motherboard/cooler/case compatibility), etc.

2020-10-12 Update: added a poll for *nuanced GPU slot options!

We actually heard this feedback *before T1 was released, before T1v1.0. So I added a poll to the thread, I want to quantify *how many people actually want this option and *which options.

To cover a larger selection of GPUs, 2.75 GPU slot is actually the better choice compared to 2.5 GPU slot:
1. supports more GPUs, more compatiblity
2. puts more it puts more space between Side Panel and GPU Fans, that should make a difference for noise

The trick is backward compatibility. I'm almost certain this will require 1) custom Top Spine, 2) custom Mobo + GPU I/O Plate.

So let's quantify how many people want this feature on this forum and Reddit for next step.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I suspect, this '2.5 slot' feature will be one of the 'improvements' of a T1 clone. Do not ask me when such a clone will appear in Taobao. You can keep an eye on the 'What's on Taobao?' thread.

I'm actually excited for these.

The factory we are working with is trying to raise price on us = T1 price increase.

If the T1 clones can find the right factory, we can clone the clone you know ?
Just buy out the capacity of the clone factory and make the real T1, why make fake coke when you can make the real one ?

If you are referring to the ZS-A4 V3 as the Taobao clone. I already reached out to their factory, they are not ready for consistency and quality control needed for Western Audience. In China, people expect TaoBao picture and product to be different and worse. That's not going to fly in the west. So their consistency is a serious problem - it's a serious problem for all cases, but much more severe for Taobao cases.

Find me clones, so I can buy their factory to make more T1, or at least I can clone the clone and make a better product ?

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Been thinking the exact same thing. All you need todo is remove the dividing block between the spines two and three slot modes and drill/tap a hole right?

Sure you wont be able to have the backets at the back. But that can come later.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
He doesn't need to look at the cost of anything; that's your job and @Wahaha360's.

Fans and customers should be welcomed to make feature requests, sound or otherwise. Responding to them in good form looks like "Thank you for your suggestion. No promises, but we'll look into it."

Responding in bad form looks like the post above. "What most people don't understand" and "I'm not sure you grasp" reads as insulting.

Sorry things turned negative so quickly.

TLDR: gwertheim doesn't speak for me or FormD. Only I speak for FormD and myself.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Been thinking the exact same thing. All you need todo is remove the dividing block between the spines two and three slot modes and drill/tap a hole right?

Sure you wont be able to have the backets at the back. But that can come later.

The problem is backward compatibility and *minimum spacing between each screw hole on the Front and Back frame and Spine.

I was thinking about 2.75 slot as an option. 2.5 is actually safer in terms of distance between each screw hole.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
To be fair G, We appreciate your assistance in reply and helping of W360, but in that light, it does help yourself to remember that taking on that role means that your responses directly reflect the image of the 'FormD' brand now, whether responsible for design changes or not.
In this case, the options for the response should have been, as said by others "thanks for the feedback, it may be looked into, however, no new revisions are planned in the foreseeable future but do not rule it out" (or something similar) or simply, no reply. Both better than a mini lecture.

Once again, we appreciate the effort and time you put in here, so please take it as constructive feedback and nothing more.

Thanks for stepping in to cool the situation, appreciated!

megeralt

Chassis Packer
Oct 9, 2020
Hello T1 experts, I am very new here and just ordered a T1 which will be arriving in December. Currently I am planning a hard line dual-radiator build with Zen 3 CPU (possibly 5900) and an Asus TUF 3080. I am going with TX240 at the top and a Hanjiang 17mm on the side due to being slimmer and shorter. The EK waterblock for the TUF 3080 is about the same length as the Hanjiang (270mm) and I am having a hard time choosing the pump+res combo that would fit in this setup. Do you think a Magic Cube would fit on the GPU side given there is about 42mm room and the magic cube is 40mm high? What are the other options do I have other than putting a pump directly onto the CPU block (i.e. Aquanaut approach, which would be my last resort, as I prefer the look of the EK Magnitude block)?

Also, the EK waterblock for Zotac Trinity 3080 is a lot smaller than the one for the TUF (231mm x 124mm vs 267mm x 148mm). But I am not sure how much difference will it make given that I will need to fit in a 240 radiator next to it anyway. Do you think it would help with fitting a pump if I change the waterblock to the Zotac one?

Appreciate all feedback, thanks a lot!

Kundahli

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 29, 2017
@Wahaha360, just a suggestion - it would be helpful in the poll if you also noted what CPU cooler height what be adjusted to for each of the options (ex: add 2.5 slot mode to T1, CPU Cooler height to 65mm)

Reactions: Kordron

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360, just a suggestion - it would be helpful in the poll if you also noted what CPU cooler height what be adjusted to for each of the options (ex: add 2.5 slot mode to T1, CPU Cooler height to 65mm)

I can’t edit the description of the poll, maybe a moderator needs to step in

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
In terms of poll options, is it possible to identify that we would prefer other improvements / colours / options, as an alternative to changing the slot sizes.

Someone mentioned spare parts / buying replacements.

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
Also I'm sure someone else will also come in with the recommended air coolers of each height like before. I believe with the current options, it was Noctua l12s for 2 slot and axp 90 full copper for 3 slot.