Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Almost like I knew something about the RTX 30XX when finalizing the T1 design ?

Jokes or statements intended for humor is *not a violation of my NDA

So you *may or may not have* colluded with NVIDIA to make me actually consider the 3090 when I don't even game in 4K. You magnificent bastard!

Srslytho, just wanted to check in while you're in thread to say how much joy my T1 still brings me. It's been a few months and I still look over at it with fatherly love while I'm full-time WFH. I even pet the case sometimes. (Pandemic has clearly taken its toll on me.) Seeing color revisions come through makes me so happy, and I appreciate the heck out of the sustained effort you've put into this project <3

And now, back to the 2.5 slot wars!

EDIT: Oh and holy crap, I forgot to take the time to cast my official vote (for whatever it's worth). E-White + Chrome side panels would make me seriously consider getting in line for a second case!!

BSartist

Trash Compacter
Sep 2, 2020
For what it’s worth, the chrome was not what I was expecting (in a good way). It’s either that or the silver/grey for me and I don’t think I really have a preference. They both look gorgeous!

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Was expecting to see a poll or google form or something in the video description.

Assuming we're just throwing our vote out there though, I'd rank the panels as follows:
  1. Light Grey/Silver and Black (Tied)
  2. Chrome w/ bronze tint.
Personally if I absolutely had to pick a favorite panel I'd go with black on the E-White personally, but that's mainly just because it would work with my setup.

For most people it may work best to have the slight silver/gray to contrast with the white of the case while keeping the same aesthetic.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
I created an unofficial (but can be made official with W360's blessing) poll to make it easier for W360 to decide what the community actually wants the side panel colors to be, because a flood of comments isn't really the best to sort through lol
Poll link: https://strawpoll.com/uxu95j8k8

Much appreciated, thanks for adding this to the subreddit & here on the thread. Glad to know there'll actually be some data gathered for the decision rather than just eyeballing it.

Reactions: Navic

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I created an unofficial (but can be made official with W360's blessing) poll to make it easier for W360 to decide what the community actually wants the side panel colors to be, because a flood of comments isn't really the best to sort through lol
Poll link: https://strawpoll.com/uxu95j8k8

Nice, 2AM in Asia, quarantine, they take my temperature at 8:30AM, so I'm going to bed.

I told Optimum Tech to include to his video.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
When you all say "Form-Dee", I for some reason come to think of this ?

megeralt

Chassis Packer
Oct 9, 2020
Hello T1 experts, I am very new here and just ordered a T1 which will be arriving in December. Currently I am planning a hard line dual-radiator build with Zen 3 CPU (possibly 5900) and an Asus TUF 3080. I am going with TX240 at the top and a Hanjiang 17mm on the side due to being slimmer and shorter. The EK waterblock for the TUF 3080 is about the same length as the Hanjiang (270mm) and I am having a hard time choosing the pump+res combo that would fit in this setup. Do you think a Magic Cube would fit on the GPU side given there is about 42mm room and the magic cube is 40mm high? What are the other options do I have other than putting a pump directly onto the CPU block (i.e. Aquanaut approach, which would be my last resort, as I prefer the look of the EK Magnitude block)?

Also, the EK waterblock for Zotac Trinity 3080 is a lot smaller than the one for the TUF (231mm x 124mm vs 267mm x 148mm). But I am not sure how much difference will it make given that I will need to fit in a 240 radiator next to it anyway. Do you think it would help with fitting a pump if I change the waterblock to the Zotac one?

Appreciate all feedback, thanks a lot!

Can someone please have a look at this? Appreciate it!

megeralt

Chassis Packer
Oct 9, 2020
The TX240 at the top should be used in this configuration
You CAN use a TX240 for the side radiator actually, it's 278mm long just so you're wondering.
Thanks! Yes I have both TX240 and HanJiang, I will probably use Hanjiang on the side due to it being slimmer, so more room for fans to breath.
My main issue is the pump + res combo. Having a radiator as long as 270mm I have only 42mm left to work with (and the Magic Cube with DDC pump is about 46mm high as someone posted on reddit). And it seems none of the popular options would fit except for a double DC-LT set up. Any ideas on what alternatives do I have?