Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I mean they actually listened to random input, AND do not already have a solution for the card themselves?
I imagine they basically have a whole design team, and probably early access to the final product to base new waterblocks on so this surprises me in a big way.

Hey it's a good idea, why not explore it, if it works, it works, if it doesn't they lose a couple of hrs of work and some material

Reactions: DrHudacris

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Hey it's a good idea, why not explore it, if it works, it works, if it doesn't they lose a couple of hrs of work and some material
No definitely, and since I'm planning on buying the card I'm all for it. I think it's great, I'm just surprised by their reaction is all.
Hope they'll build something like this.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
No definitely, and since I'm planning on buying the card I'm all for it. I think it's great, I'm just surprised by their reaction is all.
Hope they'll build something like this.

The engineering team have a narrow scope of vision and focused on making the best block possible with the best thermals possible. Anything else doesn't matter.

carrefinho

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2020
I mean they actually listened to random input, AND do not already have a solution for the card themselves?
I imagine they basically have a whole design team, and probably early access to the final product to base new waterblocks on so this surprises me in a big way.
This response doesn't signify that they don't have a "normal" water block design ready IMO. EK doesn't make these integrated pump solutions unlike Alphacool so I guess it's safe to assume they only designed what they always do, which is a conventional full cover block. This idea is kinda out of their scope so it's great that they appreciate these novel approaches.

WalkingSun

Cable Smoosher
Jun 17, 2020
Can somebody tell me what the 2nd and 4th color options are for the FormD because it just doesn't show it for me, thanks only 1, 3 and 5 are showing.

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
Well....I took out my crystal ball just for you and it comes out with this prediction...lol

Thank you very much @tinyitx, see theirs no need to be sarcastic @gwertheim with your remarks about time travel, you should just get yourself a crystal ball like tinyitx. XD

So I emailed EK with the above image...they think it's a great idea and are forwarding it to R&D :D

You sir, are a genius. this would be so freaking cool to see

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
@tinyitx, i have one problem with your airflow diagram for the rtx 3090, the fan near the bracket is fine as i believe its supposed to work like a standard blower style fan, however the other fan is intended to go straight through the card and (in a normal case) go straight up to the cpu cooler. Your diagram suggests the hot air is going to come out the side of the gpu and out the top, . However in sandwich style cases like the t1 the fan is going to blowing straight into a sheet of metal. I dont have my T1 yet so i dont know how much clearance there is between the metal/motherboard and the backplate on the gpu, however im assuming theirs not a lot of clearance their so that fan is going to struggle, depnding on clearance i dont think the top fans will be able to pull that hot air out very well.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
@tinyitx, i have one problem with your airflow diagram for the rtx 3090, the fan near the bracket is fine as i believe its supposed to work like a standard blower style fan, however the other fan is intended to go straight through the card and (in a normal case) go straight up to the cpu cooler. Your diagram suggests the hot air is going to come out the side of the gpu and out the top, . However in sandwich style cases like the t1 the fan is going to blowing straight into a sheet of metal. I dont have my T1 yet so i dont know how much clearance there is between the metal/motherboard and the backplate on the gpu, however im assuming theirs not a lot of clearance their so that fan is going to struggle, depnding on clearance i dont think the top fans will be able to pull that hot air out very well.
I think with this GPU, the PSU fan should face the GPU to aid exhaust.

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
Clearance depends on your config - it's been suggested you orient the PSU so that it directly intakes the air from the GPU and expels it up.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Thank you very much @tinyitx, see theirs no need to be sarcastic @gwertheim with your remarks about time travel, you should just get yourself a crystal ball like tinyitx. XD

You sir, are a genius. this would be so freaking cool to see

But time travel will be great. It's like back to the future 2 where you can get a sports betting book and make money

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
My diagram is intended to show what you are saying.

Yes, fresh ambient air will pass through the other fan and exits in a direction perpendicular to the card (ie not via the top edge of the card). Then, those air has to go up, either being sucked upward by the 2 top case fans (in this case, the effectiveness could be questionable...this might or might not work...someone has to try it to confirm. I agree that one important factor is the clearance between that fan and whatever is blocking it) or being sucked into the PSU (which is in a flipped orientation) 's fan and then expelled upward.