Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
The only thing worth considering is the durability of the bearing. People who want a system for longer than 2 years should invest in the A12x25.

That is what that 10y warranty is for.
Arctic provides you with a brand new fan if yours should get loud.
And they even do that after 9y and 11 month....

They simply exchange your fan if you are unhappy with it.

And in Europe you can buy a value pack that contains 5 P12 PWM for less than 20€.

I do have both, P12 PWM PST (you can daisy chain the PST) and NF-A12x25.
Yes the Noctua is better. But it comes at 6 times the cost of a P12 PWM if you buy a single P12 (around 5€ here) and the value pack is even cheaper (20 bucks for 5 P12 against 30€ for ONE A12x25).

Last edited:

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
yeah well, I installed my P12s and threw them out immediately, as they didn't behave the way they should/are advertised.
The fans go to 100% pwm, when you send a lower value than 11% or something along those lines.
So that's not acceptable and you can't even stop the fans by design as it seems.

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
The fans go to 100% pwm, when you send a lower value than 11% or something along those lines.
doesn't happen with mine

So that's not acceptable and you can't even stop the fans by design as it seems.
Works perfectly with those I have here.

Maybe it is the combination of your Mainboard with this fans.
I tested them with 4 different boards and had absolutely no issues.

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
nah, tested them on various boards and also found some threads on the interwebs that describe this exact issue.
But whatever, if it works for you, great :)
I for my part only buy Noctua, Scythe or Prolimatech. That's the brands I had the least issues with :D
Better to buy once, than twice or more times.

Reactions: Cronos83

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
yeah well, I installed my P12s and threw them out immediately, as they didn't behave the way they should/are advertised.
So strange! They say that the lower speed is 200rpm, but they don't advertise about the 0db stop function, isn't it?

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
I've took some time to make a list of all 240mm AIOs that MIGHT fit in there, while talking to fabio to get some of the values of parts he managed to fit in.
I've tested the ASUS RYUO 240 AIO, as my list suggested it might fit and, well, it actually did.

So, here you go, a small list of 240mm AIOS that could actually fit in there, with varying amounts of hazzle.

Thanks to @fabio for helping me with this.
240 d-rgb is 27mm,

The photo on the site shows 53mm total with a 26mm fan, 53-26 is 27, unless you're counting something very specific not shown in these measurements and therefor it should fit just the same as all the other 27mm ones you have listed as 'Yes'.
Hope this helps!

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
240 d-rgb is 27mm,

The photo on the site shows 53mm total with a 26mm fan, 53-26 is 27, unless you're counting something very specific not shown in these measurements and therefor it should fit just the same as all the other 27mm ones you have listed as 'Yes'.
Hope this helps!
hmm that's weird, the manufacturers website states "28mm", while Toms Hardware even states "28.6mm"... I think someone already checked and it actually did fit, but I didn't feel comfortable with those discrepancies to mark it green :/

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
hmm that's weird, the manufacturers website states "28mm", while Toms Hardware even states "28.6mm"... I think someone already checked and it actually did fit, but I didn't feel comfortable with those discrepancies to mark it green :/
I'll measure mine when it comes in, if EK gets their sh*t together with shipping lol. But I will say that I think they round up on the EK website for that measurement as well, we already know they round the 119.5 to 120, so it wouldn't be a stretch to assume the 27 is rounded up to 28 because of a point measurement above 27.

Reactions: theexplainer

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
As I was expecting, NO IMPROVEMENT at all.

I've got exactly the same temp than without a fan on the 120rad. There is physically no space to let the fan intake air!
Just in case I need the extra room, through your testing, is there any way to elevate the ventilated top panel, where the 240 goes. Like even if it had a milimeter or two gap and used some sort of stand off. Thanks

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
I've took some time to make a list of all 240mm AIOs that MIGHT fit in there, while talking to fabio to get some of the values of parts he managed to fit in.
I've tested the ASUS RYUO 240 AIO, as my list suggested it might fit and, well, it actually did.

So, here you go, a small list of 240mm AIOS that could actually fit in there, with varying amounts of hazzle.

Thanks to @fabio for helping me with this.
Also I noticed you put that it only works for 2 slot config, what backs this up, because I bought it based on the info that it worked *potentially* in 3 slot with 2 slim fans, no pads, based on wahaha's responses to myself earlier in the thread.
Source: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/posts/198283/

max31092

Average Stuffer
Mar 1, 2020
Just looking at the assembly instructions (so, grain of salt):

The top and bottom panels seem to be slotted in horizontally and then also be screwed in horizontally.
So there won't be a possibillity to use normal spacers.
You could still screw in the fans and radiator from the fan bracket and secure the top panel by tape or other things.
Except if the "slot in parts" don't block that option.

edit:
Looking further at the instructions you should be able to use adhesives (and a spacer) to secure the top without modding the panel.
You could reduce the stability of the sidepanels. But if securing by tape and stuff, why not use this on these too.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Truth

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
You'd be using a lot of tape for sure. The side panels tuck into the top and bottom panels, and the top and bottom panels slot into the front panel and are secured with screws horizontally from the rear.

Reactions: max31092

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Just in case I need the extra room, through your testing, is there any way to elevate the ventilated top panel, where the 240 goes. Like even if it had a milimeter or two gap and used some sort of stand off. Thanks
In the new version 1.1 you can. The holes pattern is made to screw directly the fan/radiator on it.
This means that you can have a taller rad and screw at the end the top on it.
Also, you have to use magnet to keep the side panels on (I’ve used magnet tape if you see some of my builds with taller rads...)

BUT, from a front point of view it will be not super nice, but is a detail!

Last edited:
Reactions: Truth

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
Also I noticed you put that it only works for 2 slot config, what backs this up, because I bought it based on the info that it worked *potentially* in 3 slot with 2 slim fans, no pads, based on wahaha's responses to myself earlier in the thread.
Source: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/posts/198283/
The 2 slot config part is based solely on the pump being taller than 50mm, as it potentially bulges the side panel and therefore doesnt quite "fit", but as the post you linked suggests, if you are fine with a small bulge, that should still work. For the same reason I marked 30mm thick radiators as "won't fit", and 28mm as "might fit", even though, technically, as shown in OptimumTechs video, they could be crammed into, while bulging the case a bit.
I'm looking forward to you measuring it out, keep me updated on that ?

Unrelated to this,
Even though being told it makes no sense putting 3 fans in there, I couldn't stop myself.... Those 2 A12x15s are simply put in there and held by being stuck between the radiator and the bottom panel of the case, as I didn't have any screws (and I don't think there is enough space for screws on that side on my build anyways). But once the screws i ordered, to actually screw those 15mm fans in, arrive, I'll remove one of the fans and move the other one next to the A12x25, right below the motherboard.

Last edited:

element72

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
Even though being told it makes no sense putting 3 fans in there, I couldn't stop myself.... but once my screws, to actually screw those 15mm fans in, arrive, I'll remove one and move the other one next to the A12x25
This what I was asking about earlier. I spent last night looking for it in a "previous post" as I was told. I typed in "fan" and went through 10 pages of everything that mentioned the word fan. I didn't find anything. That was a waste of time. So you couldn't screw both 15mm fans in? I didn't fully understand you. It's like you used google translate.