Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

element72

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
I've took some time to make a list of all 240mm AIOs that MIGHT fit in there, while talking to fabio to get some of the values of parts he managed to fit in.
I've tested the ASUS RYUO 240 AIO, as my list suggested it might fit and, well, it actually did.

So, here you go, a small list of 240mm AIOS that could actually fit in there, with varying amounts of hazzle.

Thanks to @fabio for helping me with this.
Did you check the heights for all of em? I know xspc 20mm are actually 20.5mm, for example.

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
Did you check the heights for all of em? I know xspc 20mm are actually 20.5mm, for example.
I put in the values published by the manufacturers. But I guess if the AIO actually doesn't fit because it's bigger than the manufacturer specified, you should be able to return it and try a different one.

element72

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
Check the previous posts
if you mean previous post or 1st post I don't believe that will help. I see 3 fans possible on this radiator and case. I checked the manual for the LT240. You can mount fans on either side, so I don't see why this won't work. Clearance is there too; you have 55mm on the PSU side.

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
I finally found the time to evaluate the logs I made back when I first got my case and compared it to the DAN SFX-A4, using the Cryorig C7G.

both times prime95 is stressing the CPU as good as it can, while the T1 was set up in 2 slot mode. I was actually kinda surprised about the higher Mainboard temps in the T1 compared to the A4.

Sadly because of some incompatibilities between the HWinfo versions I used to create the logs, I wasn't able to directly compare Mainboard temps, but this graph shows the Comparison between A4 with C7G, T1 with C7G and T1 with ASUS RYUO 240 (with one Noctua NF-A12x25 mounted), while the C7 was set on turbo fan speed (maximum, at all times), with the A12s curve being steeper than usual, but not as steep as the C7s curve.

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
if you mean previous post or 1st post I don't believe that will help. I see 3 fans possible on this radiator and case. I checked the manual for the LT240. You can mount fans on either side, so I don't see why this won't work. Clearance is there too; you have 55mm on the PSU side.
this was discussed a lot by now.
That's what @fabio means with "check out previous posts".
You will not gain any meaningful advantage when mounting a second fan for push/pull on slim rads with this fpi.
If you want to cram one in there, go ahead :)

Reactions: UnitScott

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I've tested the Arctic P12 PMW fan. It is 2 degrees worse than the Noctua (68C vs 66C) (move less air),

BUT is quiet THE SAME, and it costs less than 1/3 of the A12x25, 10 Years Warranty, and is black...

Such a nice discovery!!

Last edited:

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
I've tested the Arctic P12 fan. It is 2 degrees worse than the Noctua (68C vs 66C) (move less air),

BUT is quiet THE SAME, and it costs less than an half of the A12x25 and is black...

The PST version goes lower in RPM, but it's just a detail IMO!
The P12 is pretty good for sure. Some also say, that it has lower bearing noise than the A12x25.
The only thing worth considering is the durability of the bearing. People who want a system for longer than 2 years should invest in the A12x25.
Well, the fact that it is black just gives it a million more points for some people though :D

For me the price gap is even bigger. 30€ vs 7€ per fan!

Cruella Devill

Trash Compacter
Apr 24, 2020
I've tested the Arctic P12 PMW fan. It is 2 degrees worse than the Noctua (68C vs 66C) (move less air),

BUT is quiet THE SAME, and it costs less than 1/3 of the A12x25, 10 Years Warranty, and is black...

Such a nice discovery!!
Do you have experience with this fan? Or is it impossible to use it in T1?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
The P12 is pretty good for sure. Some also say, that it has lower bearing noise than the A12x25.
The only thing worth considering is the durability of the bearing. People who want a system for longer than 2 years should invest in the A12x25.
Well, the fact that it is black just gives it a million more points for some people though :D

For me the price gap is even bigger. 30€ vs 7€ per fan!
Is there any issue on the bearing? I knew that the CO (Continuous Operation) Have that issue, and are ball bearing, not Fluid Bearing like the normal P12 PMW.

Actually for a full system with Noctua fan I don't mind the brown colors! ?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Never heard about it, but has a really poor static pressure!!

Reactions: Cruella Devill

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
Is there any issue on the bearing? I knew that the CO (Continuous Operation) Have that issue, and are ball bearing, not Fluid Bearing.
Might have mistaken it with them, but common sense also tells my, that the bearing type, that Noctua uses might stay silent for longer.

Reactions: fabio

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
Looks like these fans won't even fit in the T1 on radiators to begin with.

Also it's a sleeve bearing. Unless there is a fitment reason to go for these fans, I would stay away from it.