Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

0Zx

Trash Compacter
Mar 14, 2020
That's what I want to do) it will be hard to lay hoses who doesn't try doesn't win

Is the port spacing on the top of gpus standard? I have a Bykski gpu block on order and want to use that rotary fitting with it, but I can't find dimensions for it. I have seen gpu ports that are the same size openings, but spaced further apart so I think there are no guarantees. Bykski's low profile fitting selection is less than ideal.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Is the port spacing on the top of gpus standard? I have a Bykski gpu block on order and want to use that rotary fitting with it, but I can't find dimensions for it. I have seen gpu ports that are the same size openings, but spaced further apart so I think there are no guarantees. Bykski's low profile fitting selection is less than ideal.
Maybe you could be lucky, but officially they don't fit. I had an Alphacool, Heatkiller, and they have different mount from the EKWB.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
This is very neat! I actually have a TX120 sitting on my desk as well as another chromax slim fan. My plan is to use DDC with 1U res in front of GPU and mount the radiator and fan to a 3D printed PCI bracket. I will need to switch pump block off of GPU and use EK block with rotary terminals (on my desk also lol).

I'm pleased to hear it won't be in vain, as already your passive radiator is showing 3-4 degrees cooler nice!
It will fits for sure! But why a custom PCI e bracket? You can have it connected with fittings to the gpu block, like I did with my build using the 1U reservoir.
Just remember that the DDC actually is IN the loop. I've seen increasing the the coolant temp using it at higher speed for more than 10 minutes.

Also, it get a warm, and I don't know if it is a good idea having it in direct contact with the GPU block.

Eager to see it though!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I've swapped the fan for a Gentle Typhoon 2150 PMW, that has an airflow of 68CFM (Noctua 58) and a static pressure of 2.9 (Noctua 2.4)

The higher airflow (more noise though, but still, silent IMO) brings actually 2C of gain, both in the CPU and in the Coolant temp.

I will try a Vardar EVO (CFM77 - static pressure 3.10) if this is true and there will be a performance increase as well.

I think the 120rad in "passive convection" mode is working quite well like in the Corsair One.

I am pretty sure this is possible because it is against the side panel that is a high breathable mesh!

GT2150 PMW

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@fabio do you invest this much time, money and effort into every SFF case, or is the T1 just so good that you had to go all out? Either way you're a legend for all the stuff you've done with this case.
I have other cases, a lot actually. But the T1 gave me a flexibility that no others gave me! It very nice and easy built and unbuilt with this case!

Cruella Devill

Trash Compacter
Apr 24, 2020
is there any chance to design a vertical stand? for a better performance and smaller area use

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Used now a GT1850 PMW that is supposed to have the same CFM than the Noctua.

I got a stable 1C improvement.
It's just a confirmation on what I knew because of the tests did, but I cannot explain in a scientific way:
even if the GT have lower technical specs compared to the Vardar, and similar to the A12x25 Noctua, when placed through a radiator they move more air, and you can feel it!

And the GT1850 is more quiet and have a better pitch noise than the GT2150.

The full system stay during normal load like browsing, etc. at 32.5 dB,

The noise king is the A12x25, but we know this.

Last edited:

xkruz

Average Stuffer
Apr 1, 2020
Just a heads up, LT240 radiator will soon be available without the entire kit.

No word on the pricing just yet.
Actually some seller in Taobao do sell LT240 radiator only, When I bought my LT240 I saw the option to buy the radiator only..

Edit: added link
fu植这行话$SYPf1LimUK3$打開?淘宝?或點击鏈→接https://m.tb.cn/h.V94VLte?sm=46bbd3 至瀏..覽..噐【欧酷 alphacool 北极熊 LT120/240/360一体式cpu水冷散热器全紫铜】
I bought mine from this seller too, I use superbuy

Last edited:
Reactions: bynio

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
I have other cases, a lot actually. But the T1 gave me a flexibility that no others gave me! It very nice and easy built and unbuilt with this case!

I had been considering the ncase, but this case kept me from ordering it...first, what i really wanted was the dan case as it is iconic from a design aspect ...but it is to small to be a workstation. If only i could have a collection of these cases! I would , but i can t afford. Well , i did spend some 40 bucks on a chromax heatsink cover some time ago when i had money flying around....yolo

Cruella Devill

Trash Compacter
Apr 24, 2020
I think we need to take a break from the discussion. I believe that you should silently expect a pre-order. All possible tests, questions and problems were considered. Many thanks to everyone who has T1 for your test reviews. We were all able to love this project even more.

UnitScott

Caliper Novice
Apr 24, 2020
@Wahaha360 are there any plans for pci e 4 riser cable in the future, seeing as motherboards and gpus are moving in that direction.

Great question! I was also wondering the same thing. I guess getting one off the Internet isn't too much of a hassle.

I think we need to take a break from the discussion. I believe that you should silently expect a pre-order. All possible tests, questions and problems were considered. Many thanks to everyone who has T1 for your test reviews. We were all able to love this project even more.

What's the use of a forum though if we are not to ask questions and submit problems? (even if hypothetical)
I do agree though that the testers have been incredibly helpful and dedicated... some even obsessively... looking at you @fabio ;)