Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I want to get the T1 to build with two full-fledged 240mm radiators, one of which will be next to the xspc tx240 graphics card

You can't have more than 1 240 in the case, read the specs, look at the builds, it is physically impossible. Not to mention your temps will suffer on your gpu because there is no room to expel hot air, your loop will heat up because of the GPU's hot air. I am not sure you thought this through.

From someone who has studied and has built a industrial version of a water loop (hospital, office building, etc) and knows a thing or two about airflow and thermodynamics you are wasting your money for degraded performance. But it's your money to waste so have fun.

Last edited:

Cruella Devill

Trash Compacter
Apr 24, 2020
You can't have more than 1 240 in the case, read the specs, look at the builds, it is physically impossible. Not to mention your temps will suffer on your gpu because there is no room to expel hot air, your loop will heat up because of the GPU's hot air. I am not sure you thought this through.

From someone who has studied and has built a industrial version of a water loop (hospital, office building, etc) and knows a thing or two about airflow and thermodynamics you are wasting your money for degraded performance. But it's your money to waste so have fun.
I will put this adapter and as Fabio I’ll install the radiator in parallel with the video card and everything should work out fine. in theory

Cruella Devill

Trash Compacter
Apr 24, 2020

I have the opportunity to use the components for free but thanks for your advice, I am grateful

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I will put this adapter and as Fabio I’ll install the radiator in parallel with the video card and everything should work out fine. in theory

I translate drawings from a desk jockey engineer who designed everything in cad to the real world. Sometimes things don't line up and have to be redesigned. Theory is nice until you put it into practice :)

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I Have this concept in mind since ghost s1 ?
Guys, I could seem crazy but I know more or less the meaning of space optimisation (and if it is worth the effort!) - I'm an architect BTW.

But you are way beyond me! ? (In the S1 I have no clue where you want to put the second rad.)

My raccomendation with a powerful GPU (that you don't mind to reach 75C degree under gaming) and a powerful CPU, is a 240rad only on CPU and a GPU on Air.

If you don't need multicore sustained performance, and want something quiet, you can watercool the GPU with the small Eisstation DC-LT-40 pump and stay on air on the CPU.

THE BEST option for 98% of the people is GPU on AIR 2slots and CPU with the L12S/Blackridge/BS3 plus 2 fan on top to exhaust.

Last edited:

integer

Trash Compacter
Aug 29, 2019
Does anyone know if you can use a dual-slot gpu with a single slot expansion card? I want to use a quad-nvme PCIE single slot card to get big storage in SFF :)

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Cleaned a bit the connection between the 2 rads and lowered the 120 a bit.

It's quite nice how they fits!

This is very neat! I actually have a TX120 sitting on my desk as well as another chromax slim fan. My plan is to use DDC with 1U res in front of GPU and mount the radiator and fan to a 3D printed PCI bracket. I will need to switch pump block off of GPU and use EK block with rotary terminals (on my desk also lol).

I'm pleased to hear it won't be in vain, as already your passive radiator is showing 3-4 degrees cooler nice!

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Does anyone know if you can use a dual-slot gpu with a single slot expansion card? I want to use a quad-nvme PCIE single slot card to get big storage in SFF :)

I think you will need a custom bifurcation riser. But sorry to say, quad nvme card will not give you the speed you are expecting. The 16x slot will be split 8+8. Your quad nvme card will only have 8 lanes to share amongst the 4 nvme cards.

Reactions: integer

Speedster

Average Stuffer
Apr 7, 2020
I think you will need a custom bifurcation riser. But sorry to say, quad nvme card will not give you the speed you are expecting. The 16x slot will be split 8+8. Your quad nvme card will only have 8 lanes to share amongst the 4 nvme cards.
To be fair, @integer said big storage, not fast storage :)

The problem you will have is the dumb PCIe quad NVMe cards expect to be put in a x4x4x4x4 bifurcated slot. You will only see the first drive in a slot that's already been bifurcated to x8.

To get four working NVMe drives on a single card you'll either need a custom riser that has a PLX chip (PCIe switch) or your NVMe card will need a PLX chip that uses the x8 uplink.

My NAS has a custom riser with three physical x16 slots, electrically x8x4x4 (mobo slot is set to that bifurcation). Currently have a 1660Ti (x8) and a LSI 9202-16e card (x4). Funnily enough the LSI card is actually two 8-port controllers on one card with a PLX chip.

integer

Trash Compacter
Aug 29, 2019
To be fair, @integer said big storage, not fast storage :)

The problem you will have is the dumb PCIe quad NVMe cards expect to be put in a x4x4x4x4 bifurcated slot. You will only see the first drive in a slot that's already been bifurcated to x8.

To get four working NVMe drives on a single card you'll either need a custom riser that has a PLX chip (PCIe switch) or your NVMe card will need a PLX chip that uses the x8 uplink.

My NAS has a custom riser with three physical x16 slots, electrically x8x4x4 (mobo slot is set to that bifurcation). Currently have a 1660Ti (x8) and a LSI 9202-16e card (x4). Funnily enough the LSI card is actually two 8-port controllers on one card with a PLX chip.

Gotcha. Thanks guys, @Speedster is right, big is the bigger factor. That said, this puppy shouldnt be a slouch.

This has the PLX chip built in so no need to worry about bifurcation support.

Pair it up with a simple riser.

Seems like it should work? What am I missing? My biggest unknown was more around will it physically fit?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Gotcha. Thanks guys, @Speedster is right, big is the bigger factor. That said, this puppy shouldnt be a slouch.

This has the PLX chip built in so no need to worry about bifurcation support.

Pair it up with a simple riser.

Seems like it should work? What am I missing? My biggest unknown was more around will it physically fit?

@fabio has fit dual GPUs in the T1, physically fitting is not the issue; you can make it happen.

Speedster

Average Stuffer
Apr 7, 2020

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Actually I think should fit if you route the inlet of the GPU on top, between the back of the radiator...