Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Stigth

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 11, 2020
There will be a SMS notification when the case ships, and then I'll have to wait for tracking to resume when it has processed through customs in my country. The notification hasn't been sent yet, so I'm still waiting for it.

Reactions: SanB0l0

Ezequal

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 28, 2020
I wanted to get a post in here to let you know that I am super excited for this case and cannot wait for pre-order to go up!

In terms of opinions/feedback, I do wish the case was 10mm taller AIO side, which would have still be under 10L (9.91) but permitted 240 usage more easily.

I love the design of this case as I feel like the price / layout / features / aesthetic of something like the SM570 misses the mark where this hits it!

I think you see so much obsession around 240 because its a more common product size from the popular cooler manufacturers (eg: Kraken X52, etc.) and less about its being "more thermally efficient".

Again amazing work!

Something I wasn't sure of, will we be able to select different panel types at pre-order?

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
I wanted to get a post in here to let you know that I am super excited for this case and cannot wait for pre-order to go up!

In terms of opinions/feedback, I do wish the case was 10mm taller AIO side, which would have still be under 10L (9.91) but permitted 240 usage more easily.

I love the design of this case as I feel like the price / layout / features / aesthetic of something like the SM570 misses the mark where this hits it!

I think you see so much obsession around 240 because its a more common product size from the popular cooler manufacturers (eg: Kraken X52, etc.) and less about its being "more thermally efficient".

Again amazing work!

Something I wasn't sure of, will we be able to select different panel types at pre-order?

Might I interest you in this thread? I think you'll be a happy camper once you get through all the pages on that one. :)

Reactions: Bausa and masklee

Ezequal

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 28, 2020
I read through that, but that looks like its a deliberate departure from the design language of the T1 :(

Worse more I was really not wanting a vertical case :p

Roanoak

Efficiency Noob
Feb 16, 2020
Be careful with the memory height also. With the trident Z and the low profile fittings there are clearance issue. If you use lower memory height works with no problem!
Ahh I see. Thank you for the info! I thankfully have some Corsair LPX, so hopefully that should work. Thank you for all of your help!

Roanoak

Efficiency Noob
Feb 16, 2020
I think it will probably fit, but you will be limited to the 2 slot GPU mode.
Definitely. I was looking at a photo of fabio's Apogee with an Alphacool block and it seems larger than 50 mm for the 3 slot GPU mode. I have a 3 slot card unfortunately, but I am considering making a loop in the T1. In which case, I'm 100% using that as my pump/block combo. I really like the metallic, gun metal look of the Alphacool DDC pump.

Jotunn

Caliper Novice
Jan 25, 2018
Only other question I can think of is: what is the diameter of the switch opening, for using custom vandal switches?

chinyang

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2018

Again amazing work!

If I’m not wrong, the initial vision for T1 is cpu cooling with 120mm aio with a 3 slot air cooled gpu or more powerful air cooler ie L12S with a 2 slot gpu.. however, as a bonus, it turns out it can support a 240mm rad albeit with some hardware limitations..

Judging by the response on building a custom loop with 240mm rad, I think it’s fair to say everyone wish T1 had taken a bit of ****** and grew a bit bigger ?

Edit: L12S + 2 slot gpu

Last edited:

masklee

Cable Smoosher
Feb 4, 2020
Might I interest you in this thread? I think you'll be a happy camper once you get through all the pages on that one. :)

Originally when reading that thread, I was like, damn, I dun know which one to choose now, as I intended to use the T1 vertically, but then it looks like I can't wait til the end of this year to get it,
as my parts are already up and running naked on my desk atm~LOL~

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018
If I’m not wrong, the initial vision for T1 is cpu cooling with 120mm aio or more powerful air cooler ie L12S with a 3 slot air cooled gpu.. however, as a bonus, it turns out it can support a 240mm rad albeit with some hardware limitations..

Judging by the response on building a custom loop with 240mm rad, I think it’s fair to say everyone wish T1 had taken a bit of ****** and grew a bit bigger ?

As far as I know the L12s needs too much space for a 3-slot-GPU.

Reactions: chinyang

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
If I’m not wrong, the initial vision for T1 is cpu cooling with 120mm aio or more powerful air cooler ie L12S with a 3 slot air cooled gpu.. however, as a bonus, it turns out it can support a 240mm rad albeit with some hardware limitations..

Not me.
I will be doing a loop but I am coming from an Ncase m1. Sure the m1 can do 2x240mm rads if you have a single slot GPU (I had a founders 1080ti in mine for example) with a water block.
But the T1 for me is the perfect mix. Small and fits a 240. You can’t have everything but the T1 gets you about as far in both worlds as any case out there.

Reactions: Dapoktan and PBJ

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
Would it look good and be safe for me to spray paint the mesh panel blue? I want a case that would fit a white and blue theme and the mesh panel is black.

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
Would it look good and be safe for me to spray paint the mesh panel blue? I want a case that would fit a white and blue theme and the mesh panel is black.
Safe, if you put a mask yeah why not?
Look good? I highly doubt, also you risk to clog up the mesh with the paint

Dapoktan

Cable Smoosher
Sep 18, 2019
If I’m not wrong, the initial vision for T1 is cpu cooling with 120mm aio with a 3 slot air cooled gpu or more powerful air cooler ie L12S with a 2 slot gpu.. however, as a bonus, it turns out it can support a 240mm rad albeit with some hardware limitations..

Edit: L12S + 2 slot gpu

there ya go

Ezequal

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 28, 2020
New question! Will it be possible to set the case in 3 slot GPU mode, use a 2 slot card, and leave a channel behind the card for cable hiding/management?

Reactions: DrHudacris