Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
I have changed the name to "T1 V2 Interest Check", just a more familiar name to many.

Again, just Credit Card Authorization, which will expire, so not a real payment, therefore no refund to worry either.
That's a great idea. I was almost certain that most everyone awaiting v2.0 would have been plugged into the thread to know your testing plan as announced ahead of time. But given the amount of questions here yesterday, we were clearly mistaken hahahah

Hope the data was good (my data point included) and the factory stuff is going well :D

Reactions: DrHudacris

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
I renamed the title, it's "T1 V2 Interest Check" now.

No payment will be charged, just Credit Card authorization.
It would be cool if submitting an "order" right now for your preferred case configuration would give some type of priority benefit for when the actual release happens. I know its just an authorization and the funds will be returned in a few days, but tying up $200 of someone's funds, even temporarily, is a hard ask right now. Especially if paying with a debit card from your checking account.

Tuscany

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 26, 2020
I don't understand - isn't card authorization supposed to mean that it will be charged 1USD (for an example), which will be reverted in a minute or so and not the full amount?
Also, I did this with my virtual Revolut and according to the app, my card was verified. However according to the payment form, the card was declined.

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
I don't understand - isn't card authorization supposed to mean that it will be charged 1USD (for an example), which will be reverted in a minute or so and not the full amount?
Also, I did this with my virtual Revolut and according to the app, my card was verified. However according to the payment form, the card was declined.
Perhaps, they (whoever is Formdworks) didn't have the time or the knowledge to make the payment gateway work this way. Just consider the possibility for them to have some limitations. Or maybe it was a simple and accurate way to make the numbers.

If were him, I would do the same to prevent "too hyped and optimist customers" from ordering more than one. You know, people are hyped as f...k these days. We are all really excited about the idea of buying one. So, you make a call to friends, wife, brother in law, uncle, the dog, the hamster and pre-order 5!!

Three months later, "Do you remember my hamster? So bad it passed away... And my wife? Dude, I broke up... She cheated with my brother... Now I'm broke because of the lawyers...". All of a sudden Formdworks has to deal with an undesirable and expensive stock. If you have to lock 1000$, you don't feel like that wonderful and nice guy anymore... And Formdworks save some money on the way.

Refunds and cancellations hit hard on anybody's business plan. Given this is a pet project not backed by any Kickstarter, seems reasonable to play safe.

That's the movie in my head! XD But I could be wrong!

Last edited:

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
the auth you're talking about and most are familiar with is merchant checking whether the card is valid, then they'll charge immediately.

whereas this case is different - the very first cases that will be shipped is in 2 weeks time, thus it is perfectly fine to authorize the full amount and then initiate the charge when the case is shipped. think of it more like a hotel taking your deposit when you first check-in. this way Wahaha and the team has the full confidence in the demand - both # of people wanting the case and actually can afford it - to allocate stock accordingly.

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
am i just dumb or is there no shipping information step? i'm only seeing the ability to put in an address associated with my card (which is not the same as my shipping address).

any guidance?

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
It's just an interest poll. You can't actually buy it, although it looks that way.
ah, gotcha. with the hotel comparison above i assumed it would charge soon enough and ship at the same time so i wanted to make sure i had the address in there but I'll proceed without!

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
ah, gotcha. with the hotel comparison above i assumed it would charge soon enough and ship at the same time so i wanted to make sure i had the address in there but I'll proceed without!
Technically can still charge without an address, then FormD team reach out to you for the shipping address haha

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
Sign-in, go "My Account". Once there, there should be a table with the "pre-order". Look at the right side of the table. The first time you will see 1 address. Below the address, there should be a link. Do click "View addresses". There, you will see a button to add new addresses

On the other hand, after checking the order, you should be able to see a link in the mid-screen that says something like "Update / confirm address". Click there. It will redirect to a web form with the shipping address. Change it and confirm changes. After that, you are not allowed to change the shipping address anymore. Any change should be communicated ASAP to Formdworks. Go again to "My Account" > "View addresses" and confirm the shipping one is in the list

MrVirchow

Efficiency Noob
Nov 27, 2021
how will shipping from within the EU reflect on the price of the case? Is it shipped with customs paid? Will there be an 20% price increase for EU based shipping then to account for tax?
I‘d like to get an official confirmation, because if I have to pay taxes on top if shipped from within the EU I might as well order directly from china and get it earlier then March.

laiv

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2020
Is there hope for the first batch of goods without priority?
Look at it this way. If the next drop is 100u (random number) only the N-first are for priority customers. The rest is for regular customers (if any are left).
N depends on how many customers redeem the priority status. The team has considered the fact that not all priority customers will redeem it now. For example, some might want to wait for the kits and more colours. Some might not be interested anymore. To put some example. So, there are still chances for regular customers.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHudacris

Arc_Lag

Trash Compacter
Jul 2, 2019
Does anyone know where I can find another pass-through port like the one that's behind? (parallel to the power switch?)