Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 30, 2015
Does anyone know what the side panels are made of? Steel? Are they powder coated or painted? Only ask as I’m planning on stripping the coating off.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Does anyone know what the side panels are made of? Steel? Are they powder coated or painted? Only ask as I’m planning on stripping the coating off.
They will be anodized aluminum. No paint or powder coating.
Previous versions of the case were painted steel, so this will be a lot harder to strip the coating off.

Reactions: DrHudacris

SFFUSER

Average Stuffer
Mar 8, 2021
Hmmmm I just "checked interest / reserved" a T1 V2, for 175 € (T1-Reference Kit Black, and Air ship from Asia)

They took of my bank account 155,75 €, but gave me back 175 €, BUT my bank account shows 19,25 €.

I'm VERY confused. As confused as a penguin in the Sahara.

PLEASE HELP

-----------
UPDATED
-----------

1. - I've topped up 175 € a prepaid card (wich I use for buying stuff online)
2. - I've reserved (interest check), and I've payed 175 $
3. - 175 $ = 154.59 € !!!
4. - ...That's why I have left around 19 € on my bank account.

Sorry, my bad, I didn't notice the small detail about the currency exchange rate haha!

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHudacris

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 Would you mind explaining how is going to be the order process after the launch? I mean. Is the current "pre-order" going to drop off from the order list and we'll have to repeat the process again? Or will it be a confirmation over the one we already have?

Asking for 2 reasons: 1. Chrome's autocompleting kinda messed the shipping address XD (duplicated twice the number and the floor). Not a big problem, given that the minimap on top of the order spots my address. 2nd is, If for some reason I miss my spot for the next drops and we are already in 2022, I would consider changing the shipping mode to be shipped from the EU, even if it means waiting a bit longer. In such a case I would even consider adding kits to the order (if they are available by those dates).

Right now, the best way is to email those who participated in the interest check with *private invoice, this way people don't have to panic buy.

The credit card authorization will expire soon, and people change their shipping address *all the time, to that end, trying to find a good Shopify App to do this 😅

I 'reserved' a sandwich kit with shipping from within the EU, I assume that combination is possible then? I only read about the possibility to get a reference kit with cheaper shipping in selected countries before

Yes sir, that's the plan, unless Covid acts up again and ruins supply chain some more.

A couple of questions, lol.
1 - Do I have to reserve using the reservation survey? My bank takes more than a month to drop authorization charges so I'd rather not (I also am planning to use my priority and I want to get it with a debit card).
2 - Can anyone confirm if I can use a forwarding address? If so, which countries do the sandwich style cases ship to?

No, we will email everyone who subscribed, in addition to those participating in the Interest Check.

It would be cool if submitting an "order" right now for your preferred case configuration would give some type of priority benefit for when the actual release happens. I know its just an authorization and the funds will be returned in a few days, but tying up $200 of someone's funds, even temporarily, is a hard ask right now. Especially if paying with a debit card from your checking account.

Perks in the works. Can't elaborate because undecided.

am i just dumb or is there no shipping information step? i'm only seeing the ability to put in an address associated with my card (which is not the same as my shipping address).

any guidance?

Using billing address for now, it is more reflective of the customer geography. I know some customers like to use forwarders, and also a lot more likes to change shipping address before we ship. So we are limiting it to Billing Address atm.

Hey Sr. @Wahaha360
Do u have any estimated date for the Sale Release?
I have to be ready with my credit XD

Will make a public announcement.

Is there hope for the first batch of goods without priority?

Yes, should be.

However, if there are many like @Asuka4Laifu that doesn't participate in the IC and then just shows up, then I don't know.

how will shipping from within the EU reflect on the price of the case? Is it shipped with customs paid? Will there be an 20% price increase for EU based shipping then to account for tax?
I‘d like to get an official confirmation, because if I have to pay taxes on top if shipped from within the EU I might as well order directly from china and get it earlier then March.

To get to UK and DE warehouse, VAT has to be paid by us, so the price you will see for the EU warehouse batch will be including VAT.

We are new with EU logistics, so things might change as we optimize more.

Does anyone know where I can find another pass-through port like the one that's behind? (parallel to the power switch?)

Responded to your private msg.

Hmmmm I just "checked interest / reserved" a T1 V2, for 175 € (T1-Reference Kit Black, and Air ship from Asia)

They took of my bank account 155,75 €, but gave me back 175 €, BUT my bank account shows 19,25 €.

I'm VERY confused. As confused as a penguin in the Sahara.

PLEASE HELP

Private message me, very strange indeed.

Last edited:

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
To get to London warehouse, VAT has to be paid by us, so the price you will see for the EU warehouse batch will be including VAT.

We are new with EU logistics, so things might change as we optimize more.
How does this work? London is no longer in the EU.

SFFUSER

Average Stuffer
Mar 8, 2021
Private message me, very strange indeed.

Hello Wahaha !!! :D
NEVERMIND !!!!! I know what was the problem;

1. - I've topped up 175 € a prepaid card (wich I use for buying stuff online)
2. - I've reserved (interest check), and I've payed 175 $
3. - 175 $ = 154.59 € !!!
4. - ...That's why I have left around 19 € on my bank account.

Sorry, my bad, I didn't notice the small detail about the currency exchange rate haha!
Thank you for your fast answer, I'll keep waiting with much hype for the T1 :)

Tuscany

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 26, 2020
The vertical base is part of the accessories coming later, right?
Will you as well ship them from EU at some point?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Yay! for a power switch on the side of the front panel!

There is also a mirrored cutout on the other side, so you can run power button and USB-C at the same time.

USB-C cable is not included - supply chain issues atm, will be offered as ACC, Also, USB-C (aka USB 4.0) is around the corner, so we will just jump to that when available.