Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
With a little fettling I've got the two a12x15's installed on the radiator - it's very tight.
I can now actually secure the radiator to the case - using the smaller, low profile mounts. Leaves around 1mm clearance between the fans and the top panel. Perfect.

worldtour

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2019
One gripe I have with the 2 slot bracket is how close the riser is to the mobo. I would love to be able to put small standoffs on the riser mount to pull the gpu forward a little bit so that back has more clearance for cables and the backplate. The issue is the io bracket would now bend the top horizontal half of the gpu towards the mobo. The riser cable length is also something to consider.

Basically the gpu bend with the backplate + riser cable + pcie cables is bothering me quite a bit.
It's possible the official EK backplate might help me out.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
I am using the 1U ES DDC res. With the TX240 you need 2x offset fittings (bitspower across and barrow makes them too) and 1 rotary male to male connector. Right now, I am switching to bitspower leviathan, and for that the same fittings will work also, but just barely. I think a dual rotary 90 degree fitting would work better.

I might just be too deep into this mug of coffee, but I just wanted to shout out @DrHudacris and everyone else who has been so forthcoming with oddball details, parts lists, build pics, etc. It's such a massive thread (to the point that our fella @threestripevida built an awesome Cliff's Notes lol) because of such a rad community.

Thanks everyone <3

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
With a little fettling I've got the two a12x15's installed on the radiator - it's very tight.
I can now actually secure the radiator to the case - using the smaller, low profile mounts. Leaves around 1mm clearance between the fans and the top panel. Perfect.

nice! do you have more pictures from different angles? ones with bracket too pls? can't quite tell the mounting from this picture alone :)

blindphleb

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2018
Do any of you have trouble fitting the 2.5" in it's home with the cables on the SF600 plat? I'm wondering if I should try to get some right angle power connectors or a custom pslate sata power cable.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Another alphacool fail...I hope @fabio had better luck with the gasket maker, because my silicone sealant is now leaking! Maybe I didn't apply enough? But really bad that the end user has to fix alphacool's problems...

That's why I ditched alphacool, there is no quality control. I'll take the cash loss to make sure my loop is more reliable.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
That's why I ditched alphacool, there is no quality control. I'll take the cash loss to make sure my loop is more reliable.

For science! I've pressure tested the spare 1U ES I have (because with alpha cool, you better have a spare), and that's fine at 0.5 bar.

On a side note! I've test fit the alphacool dual DCLT plexi and this should fit. With pumps attached, it should be total 35mm thick. And it has RGB so there's that (can also be removed).

Unsure why imgur rotated this..

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
What's the nature of the debris/gunk that came out during your first flush?
So initially I used Primochill Rad Clean in the radiator for 15 mins, then flushed, then 30 mins, then flushed, then an hour, then flushed, and then finally added the radiator to the loop, ran it for an hour with clean distilled, then drained it all out and replaced with Cryofuel. Probably a little excessive, but I'm pretty skeptical of offbrand China/Taobao items, so I figured why not.

The first flush produced green-colored fluid (the copper oxidation color or w/e) with a lot of black/copper-colored debris in it, and the subsequent flushes were mostly additional black debris (some definitely large enough to get stuck in the CPU block fins). Then the full drain of the Cryofuel after ~36 hours didn't produce anything notable (just 4-5 minor debris, likely tubing particles), and that process also included me disassembling the LT Solo to inspect for issues.

I've got Primochill System Reboot running thru it now, but at this point I'm assuming worst case scenario will just be that it comes back discolored when I drain it again later this week. Seems like the radiator is solid, it's just likely that they don't have clean procedures for painting/storing it.

And... uh... I also went ahead and picked up a 9900k (caught one sliding thru open box at Micro Center, so why not), and under the same clocks/voltage (5GHz core, 4.7 cache, no avx offset, 1.285v, R0 steppings; but 200W load instead of 180W), the rad only performs ~3.5C warmer than it does with the 9700K in P95 26.6. Obviously chip-to-chip temperatures can vary greatly, but this was a nice surprise given that the 9700k at the same wattage (5GHz at 1.315v I think) was performing much worse on the ST25 radiator.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Another alphacool fail...I hope @fabio had better luck with the gasket maker, because my silicone sealant is now leaking! Maybe I didn't apply enough? But really bad that the end user has to fix alphacool's problems...

I wonder if my dc-LT 40 will start leaking eventually. I might try finding another solution sooner now.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I wonder if my dc-LT 40 will start leaking eventually. I might try finding another solution sooner now.
Yeah as @aexeq has said, the construction of the DCLT 40 isn't the same and it's a different plastic so I doubt leaking would be an issue. Granted of course that you don't have really bad luck and are unable to secure the pump to it like @gwertheim .

Reactions: aexeq

hitsuyounai

Chassis Packer
Apr 18, 2020

Oh man, I'm hoping they revise this for the October batch... I got mine pre-ordered like a month ago and I really don't wanna have to cancel my order :(

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Oh man, I'm hoping they revise this for the October batch... I got mine pre-ordered like a month ago and I really don't wanna have to cancel my order :(

What I can tell you is I was sent a replacement after I contacted them, and the screws are in very tight. Anyway, once I did manage to get them off, the 2 sections DO NOT come apart anymore. As @fabio observed, they've basically glued it together. But unlike the one he received, mine does not have a pump already in place with thread lock. So I can use any pump on mine, and I tested the pressure up to 0.5 bar with absolutely no drop. I think they fixed it, kinda heavy handed, but I think it's fine now.

element72

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
no the 3.1 ddc that ek produced is not the same. i'm not sure anyone produced the same spec pump that ek did. alphacool doesn't produce the DDC-1T Plus PWM they just sell it (i'm pretty sure). they do sell their own branded ddc310 pwm which does run at roughly 9v and a range of 8-13v. I have no experience with this pump but two of the version come with heatsinks.

this is the ek pump for future reference https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xres-100-ddc-mx-3-1-pwm-incl-pump
I would really like to get my hands on this elusive pump. Impossible to get now. So instead, I might do 2x 2600 pumps with the dc-lt dual plexi, which DrHudacris confirmed should fit.

Reactions: DrHudacris

BOGLOAD

Caliper Novice
Aug 13, 2020
@Wahaha360 Are we likely to see the silver or white variant for order in the coming weeks? I'm pretty close to pulling the pin on a standard unit, but would prefer an entirely white or silver build for my space. Cheers!