Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
For science! I've pressure tested the spare 1U ES I have (because with alpha cool, you better have a spare), and that's fine at 0.5 bar.

On a side note! I've test fit the alphacool dual DCLT plexi and this should fit. With pumps attached, it should be total 35mm thick. And it has RGB so there's that (can also be removed).

Unsure why imgur rotated this..
how about dual DDC instead? 1.5kg of brass or 400g of plexi . the dimension on the product page is wrong, it's not 40mm thick but only 25mm thick per manual. on paper it should fit hahaha

Reactions: aexeq

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
how about dual DDC instead? 1.5kg of brass or 400g of plexi . the dimension on the product page is wrong, it's not 40mm thick but only 25mm thick per manual. on paper it should fit hahaha

It will take more creativity for sure...as it's 129mm long vs just 100mm like the dial DCLT. And that's too much trouble for the smallish benefit dual DDC will bring compared to just one really good DDC like 1t plus model, especially for a case this size. Possible yes but probably not worth the extra trouble, IMO.

element72

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
hey @DrHudacris can you comment on or let us know about the noise level between DDC-1T Plus PWM (bought from alphacool or EK), EK 3.2 PWM, EK MX 3.1 PWM? These are all the DDC pumps that are recommended so far, right? I hope I'm not missing any.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
It will take more creativity for sure...as it's 129mm long vs just 100mm like the dial DCLT. And that's too much trouble for the smallish benefit dual DDC will bring compared to just one really good DDC like 1t plus model, especially for a case this size. Possible yes but probably not worth the extra trouble, IMO.
yeah, not for me but just want to see if somebody's crazy enough to try it wink wink @fabio.
also not sure why but the dual DC-LT spec says only DC-LT 2600 is compatible, why not the 3600 ?

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
So I plan to use the 10900K and the 2080Ti, do you guys think the EK Coolstream SE 240 can handle it ? Will undervolt both for peace of mind

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
hey @DrHudacris can you comment on or let us know about the noise level between DDC-1T Plus PWM (bought from alphacool or EK), EK 3.2 PWM, EK MX 3.1 PWM? These are all the DDC pumps that are recommended so far, right? I hope I'm not missing any.

I only have the DDC310 and 3.25 that will arrive today. Sorry, I can't comment on the noise for these. But @fabio has tried most of these and I believe it was discussed in the last page or 2.

Last edited:

ManaNeko

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2020
Yes I recommend right angle sata adapter like this.
I had to hack saw off the edges as well to get it to fit.

I could make good use of this. Did you find it on AliExpress?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Everything came within 3 days via FedEx.

The o ring which comes with the magic cube, do I use it instead of the one which comes with the pump? Also should I get the ek heatsink for the pump?

And now for the real test. Does it blend... I mean hold pressure

UPDATE: It holds pressure! Not only that, the guys at ppcs tested the pump after they sleeved my cables so I know everything works. I finally have 1000% confidence in the most critical part of my loop which is nice.

Attachments

• received_938870249940180.jpeg
    received_938870249940180.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

kmnvhs

Caliper Novice
Feb 14, 2020
instagram.com
You probably live in the states where you are the petry dish of the world. I live in Canada where I have to put up with dumbass Americans who come into my country and do not respect the laws and travel around like everything is normal and potentially getting people sick. Meanwhile I can't even get an Ncase shipped to my country or even 20 screws because we have limited the flights from around the world to do our best to keep our population from getting sick.

How old are you? What do you know about worldwide logistics? How much air freight capacity has been cut? How much of the world's goods move by plane?

I have a better idea than you because I have been reading about this since I got my first sff case in 2017 when I was one of the community managers with the ghost s1 team.

I have been tracking the trends of this shit show since Feb. It is harder and more expensive to move anything from Asia to North America right now because passenger flights do not exist to move fright. Not to mention that because of social distancing customs and package logistics is backed up to the point where I have been waiting 3 weeks to get a DC-LT 40 from Springfield, MO to Toronto, ON.

Please do not come in here and tell me that I am wrong without backing up your statement.

Hey man look: i bought the ncase this year no problem at all; i bought/ pre-order the thorzone mjolnir for september/october this year and payed the case price plus 80 Dollar for shipping and taxes - so they will made all the "paperwork" fo me. Maybe thats a way for the next time. My point was the covid-19 is not the answer for anyting, i expected that the shipping is as easy as my ncase v6 this year - like anytime i bought a case from sfflab in the past. And pls dont be toxic next time ok? Sure i dont know about wordwide shipping, because i dont work for ups etc. - and the think "how old are youz?" its a question for a mad man in the cod/cs ingame chat. #nohate

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Hey man look: i bought the ncase this year no problem at all; i bought/ pre-order the thorzone mjolnir for september/october this year and payed the case price plus 80 Dollar for shipping and taxes - so they will made all the "paperwork" fo me. Maybe thats a way for the next time. My point was the covid-19 is not the answer for anyting, i expected that the shipping is as easy as my ncase v6 this year - like anytime i bought a case from sfflab in the past. And pls dont be toxic next time ok? Sure i dont know about wordwide shipping, because i dont work for ups etc. - and the think "how old are youz?" its a question for a mad man in the cod/cs ingame chat. #nohate

If you already got your T1, just build it.. No need unimportant chit chat :)

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
So I plan to use the 10900K and the 2080Ti, do you guys think the EK Coolstream SE 240 can handle it ? Will undervolt both for peace of mind
Should be fine especially if you downvolt. OptimumTech is running a very similar configuration in his T1 and it's fine. Fabio is also running a 3950x and a Titan RTX, so you should be fine.