Concept DSE Vertex - A 10L Inverted Vertical Format ITX Tower

scub4st3v3

Trash Compacter
May 4, 2017
DSE - congrats on getting the Breathe on sliger. Hope that money rolls in so you can take steps towards production on the Vertex!

Reactions: DSE

scub4st3v3

Trash Compacter
May 4, 2017
Breathe is out of stock in all colorways... Does this mean you're selling a fair amount of them, and you're soon onto the Vertex? =)

Reactions: DSE

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
will you consider on partnering with a different manufacturer/distributor so that shipping to territories other than US is cheaper?

scub4st3v3

Trash Compacter
May 4, 2017
@DSE - any news on this project? Been waiting as patiently as possible. I'm moving apartments, and want to downsize from my current case (node 304) and use my pc as a htpc. The Vertex still takes top spot on my list!

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
I stumbled upon this thread a couple of days ago, and I'm still picking my jaw off the floor! Amazing work, @DSE ! I always found Breathe to be a very interesting case, but I could never get past the clutter of cables coming out of the top of the case (no offense). You answered that issue with what I find to be one of the best looking SFF cases around in Vertex. I keep coming back to this thread just to look at the renderings, and finally just saved them on my phone for ease of access, haha. I'm VERY interested in this case going live, and think it'll be what houses my next build. I look forward to updates moving forward!

HZCH

Trash Compacter
Jul 21, 2018
I've got an Asus STRIX 1080TI. If it fits in your case, I would gladly endanger my couple's stability and my parenthood so the Vertex can seat on my desktop ;)

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
Saw these at the local Xiaomi Store.

First of all, I know these are massive but it kind of remind me that the shape and vent all around its body seems a good idea for Vertex. The appliance is designed to absorb air around the bottom area and release the purified air above.

Sympathizer

Caliper Novice
Jul 27, 2016
Saw these at the local Xiaomi Store.

First of all, I know these are massive but it kind of remind me that the shape and vent all around its body seems a good idea for Vertex. The appliance is designed to absorb air around the bottom area and release the purified air above.

Another thing that should be a great SFF case, but turned out to be something else. Why again?!

scub4st3v3

Trash Compacter
May 4, 2017
Really getting antsy. I realize life gets in the way on tertiary projects at times, but wondering if we can get a rough update. If this case is well into the future I may have to settle with a ZS-A4.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
@DSE hasn't been on the forums in over 6 weeks now... it certainly doesn't bode well for either of his projects... which is a shame, b/c Vertex is one I was really looking forward to seeing come together. Hopefully he's just very busy and will come back with some updates soon. :)

talkion

Chassis Packer
Mar 10, 2017
@Brude27 He's sent messages on Discord from time to time and said that he's busy with his studies right now, so yeah, you're right. He did say he was hoping to work on the cases during winter break though :)

Reactions: renecop545

scub4st3v3

Trash Compacter
May 4, 2017
What's the discord channel that @DSE frequents? I'd love to get some more information on the Vertex.

Edit: it's past the holiday season without a peep from DSE. Hope he's doing alright.

Last edited:

Alur

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
What's the discord channel that @DSE frequents? I'd love to get some more information on the Vertex.

Edit: it's past the holiday season without a peep from DSE. Hope he's doing alright.
Merely the same question, would you mind sharing DSE diacords channel? I would gladly ask a few questions since this is by far the project that mostly interests me for sff builds (tower style lover)

scub4st3v3

Trash Compacter
May 4, 2017
Friendly bump. I've come close to pulling the trigger on a couple cases, but the fact that my heart is set on the Vertex has prevented me from following through.

@talkion does DSE hang out in a public discord channel?

Reactions: anoldfriend