Completed DSE Breathe - A 7.3L Vertical Format ITX Tower

DSE

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
DSE
Feb 8, 2017
God damn it, i kind of really want one of these, is there anywhere we can sign up to get notified when orders go live?

No need to sign up for anything. I'll remember to message everyone who's interested once the cases go on sale. :thumb:

I'll probably have a thing set up for batch 2 though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

small_giant

Case Bender
Oct 27, 2017
Shipping to anywhere within the US will be about $15. (USPS flat rate)

Good to know. I’ll be eagerly awaiting when you release this.

Also, I know you had renders, but will you be posting pictures of the case with the mobo, GPU, etc so we can see what it would look like?

Reactions: DSE

DSE

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
DSE
Feb 8, 2017
Good to know. I’ll be eagerly awaiting when you release this.

Also, I know you had renders, but will you be posting pictures of the case with the mobo, GPU, etc so we can see what it would look like?
Yep, definitely. The day I post my build log will be the same day this batch goes on sale.

DSE

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
DSE
Feb 8, 2017
Psst, will there be a red powder coat option?

Also, will this fit a 1080/1070 Asus strix gpu?

Not currently. All cases in batch 1 are black.

However, I do want to offer color options in batch 2, so if you want a red colored case, just wait for the next batch. You shouldn't have to wait too long for batch 2 to materialize, since I'll get to work on batch 2 immediately after batch 1 has sold out and I get some feedback. I'm expecting batch 2 to be done before Christmas.

Yes, the case will definitely fit the Asus Strix 1070 and 1080. I literally designed the case to fit those cards specifically since I was planning to buy the Strix 1080, but then the 1080 Ti came out and then you know. . . I had to have it instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
Not currently. All cases in batch 1 are black.

However, I do want to offer color options in batch 2, so if you want a red colored case, just wait for the next batch. You shouldn't have to wait too long for batch 2 to materialize, since I'll get to I'll get to work on batch 2 immediately after batch 1 has sold out and I get some feedback. I'm expecting batch 2 to be done before Christmas.

Yes, the case will definitely fit the Asus Strix 1070 and 1080. I literally designed the case to fit those cards specifically since I was planning to buy the Strix 1080, but then the 1080 Ti came out and then you know. . . I had to have it instead.

Oh man, well if you say so, guess I can wait for batch 2... As long as red can be confirmed for a color option in the near future haha.

Something about deep red integrated onto hardware just screams at me, in a good way. Very cyberpunk-ish to me in my eyes. Did a quick visualization, but a deep red madder color would be awesome.

DSE

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
DSE
Feb 8, 2017
Oh man, well if you say so, guess I can wait for batch 2... As long as red can be confirmed for a color option in the near future haha.

Something about deep red integrated onto hardware just screams at me, in a good way. Very cyberpunk-ish to me in my eyes. Did a quick visualization, but a deep red madder color would be awesome.

Pretty sure I can say red will more than likely be a possibility. Since my cases are made by Sliger, the red powder coat would be the same red as on MarcParis' Cerberus-X. I think the exact color ID for that powder is RAL 3002. Seems close to what you want.

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
Pretty sure I can say red will more than likely be a possibility. Since my cases are made by Sliger, the red powder coat would be the same red as on MarcParis' Cerberus-X. I think the exact color ID for that powder is RAL 3002. Seems close to what you want.

Alright, I have confidence in the red colorway for batch 2 then. I'm still in to buy the 1st batch as well though, haha.

RAL 3002 is perfect, that deep red is exactly what I was looking for. In the pictures of MarcParis' cerberus-x, all of his picture were taken with the flash on, so the color is throwing me off because his red now looks too orang-ey and flourescent. But yea, if your 2nd batch red is close to RAL 3002, then I'm all in for that color choice for batch 2.

Reactions: DSE and Biowarejak

DSE

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
DSE
Feb 8, 2017
Alright, I have confidence in the red colorway for batch 2 then. I'm still in to buy the 1st batch as well though, haha.

RAL 3002 is perfect, that deep red is exactly what I was looking for. In the pictures of MarcParis' cerberus-x, all of his picture were taken with the flash on, so the color is throwing me off because his red now looks too orang-ey and flourescent. But yea, if your 2nd batch red is close to RAL 3002, then I'm all in for that color choice for batch 2.

Fantastic. So tell me what you'd prefer:

Black screws?
or

Stainless screws?

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Not gonna lie, my jaw dropped a little seeing your case in such a lovely shade of scarlet.

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
Fantastic. So tell me what you'd prefer:

Black screws?
or

Stainless screws?

DAMN... are you using octane? I can't tell if the texture is a powdercoat bumpmap, or if its noise, either way these look amazing! Perfect deep red.

Wow, the screw colors are super subtle, but I sort of like both. Are you using hex screws, or phillips? If you are using hex or torx screws, silver is my top choice. If you are using phillips, I would choose the black so it hides the profile, I'm not a huge fan of how phillips screws look, if anything a slotted screw head would look miles better in silver.

I'm getting into the nit picky stuff now aren't I? XD

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
Or you know what, I'm sure you will just go with the phillips screw head option, so my final choice will be stainless silver, cause I can always airbrush black ontop if I don't like it.

DSE

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
DSE
Feb 8, 2017
DAMN... are you using octane? I can't tell if the texture is a powdercoat bumpmap, or if its noise, either way these look amazing! Perfect deep red.

Wow, the screw colors are super subtle, but I sort of like both. Are you using hex screws, or phillips? If you are using hex or torx screws, silver is my top choice. If you are using phillips, I would choose the black so it hides the profile, I'm not a huge fan of how phillips screws look, if anything a slotted screw head would look miles better in silver.

I'm getting into the nit picky stuff now aren't I? XD
Or you know what, I'm sure you will just go with the phillips screw head option, so my final choice will be stainless silver, cause I can always airbrush black ontop if I don't like it.

lol, just Keyshot. I wish I knew how to use Octane.

I'm using hex screws for the exterior of the case since I like the way they look. All internal screws (screws that are used to fasten the hardware) are phillips.

I'll keep your preference noted for batch 2. :thumb:

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
lol, just Keyshot. I wish I knew how to use Octane.

I'm using hex screws for the exterior of the case since I like the way they look. All internal screws (screws that are used to fasten the hardware) are phillips.

I'll keep your preference noted for batch 2. :thumb:

Oh shit hex screws! I'm liking the minute attention to detail. Silver screws all the way then.

Now for the wait. I'll bug you in 2 months haha.

Reactions: Biowarejak and DSE

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Sep 11, 2016
I really like how this look, in fact, it's one of the nicest cases I've seen on the forum. It's not practical for me as I like designing stuff and having I/O in the back ( :) ). Good luck on this project moving forward.