Completed DSE Breathe - A 7.3L Vertical Format ITX Tower

DSE

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
DSE
Feb 8, 2017
Thermal Tests - Round 2

These are some thermal tests requested by @KSliger. Possibly to determine which way we should move forward with the case.

The goal of this experiment was to try and see if we could force hot exhaust air to exit from the case at a place more distal from the intake and see if this had any effect on cooling. Basically, ducting to prevent recirculation.

This test was performed with tape covering the front and back panels, except for the fan intakes.

Here are the results. Click the album for full size.

Conclusions: Doesn't make a difference for idle, or GPU-centric loads, but it did have quite an effect at reducing the CPU temperatures when it was under load during the Keyshot render test and Overwatch test.

You can see my previous thermal tests in the case here.

doltac

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 17, 2017
@DSE I've make payment through the paypal (at last monday) but still waiting for your response. I've send a PM but you may missed it. I see some previous thread that you are busy due to exam. I'am having hard time to waiting for shipping while watching other people's build logs.

PS. if you didn't ship my package, can you reflect some issues discovered by previous reviews? (e.g. reinforcing packing, spare screws)

Reactions: DKsystem

DSE

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
DSE
Feb 8, 2017
@DSE I've make payment through the paypal (at last monday) but still waiting for your response. I've send a PM but you may missed it. I see some previous thread that you are busy due to exam. I'am having hard time to waiting for shipping while watching other people's build logs.

PS. if you didn't ship my package, can you reflect some issues discovered by previous reviews? (e.g. reinforcing packing, spare screws)
PM'd you with tracking. I figured you would have gotten the shipping notification from PayPal.

I packed your case with more padding than usual, since I knew it would be heading to Korea. And yes, there are extra case screws in there now.

Reactions: DKsystem

doltac

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 17, 2017
@DSE Oh, It's my fault that I didn't check my paypal checkout status thoroughly. (Paypal didn't send me a tracking notification while bunch of commercials mails are arrived in my inbox..). Sorry about that.
My fright forward agency also didn't tell me the package is delivered (they may still busy due to black friday stuffs).

I am glad to hear you reinforce the packing. I'll post a review when I finally got the Breathe and complete moving my system from the Sentry. I'm really excited to build my own.

Reactions: DKsystem and DSE

DSE

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
DSE
Feb 8, 2017
Is batch 1 sold out?
Yep, they're all sold out. I'll be working on the new and improved version of the case over the next few weeks.
2nd build? :D

@DSE I actually wanted to get a 2nd case for work, but wanted to give others a chance as well. Got any left? If possible I'd like to place a 2nd order.
No more left unfortunately. However, I'm really wanting to get batch 2 done before the end of January though, so you won't have to wait too long for your red Breathe.

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
No more left unfortunately. However, I'm really wanting to get batch 2 done before the end of January though, so you won't have to wait too long for your red Breathe.

Congrats! Kudos for essentially running a group buy all by yourself. Yes please, I'm in for red, looking forward to matching my keyboard up with it as well lol.

Also looking forward to rev.02.

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018
@DSE This is a fantastic design my dude, I've just gotten into SFF a couple days ago and have been lurking but I had to make my account and comment since this is some seriously impressive stuff. I'm not currently looking to build a pc right now (broke college student haha), but I'm definitely looking to buy a Breathe v3 or v4 some point down the line (hopefully a crimson color option and some dust filters will be available by then)!

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
For next revision, I think you should make adjustments (on the mid plate) to accommodate an AIO liquid cooler in place of an SFX PSU. A DC-DC solution can be used instead. Heck, if you really wanted you can accommodate an internal PSU there...

Also, a top cover for concealing cables would be a nice touch.

Great case overall :thumb:

Reactions: DSE and Biowarejak

DSE

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
DSE
Feb 8, 2017
Nice to hear you were able to sell all of the first batch @DSE what do you have planned for batch 2? Any changes other than color?
A whole bunch of small tweaks. I'll have a post about version 2 up soon with a change log.

@DSE This is a fantastic design my dude, I've just gotten into SFF a couple days ago and have been lurking but I had to make my account and comment since this is some seriously impressive stuff. I'm not currently looking to build a pc right now (broke college student haha), but I'm definitely looking to buy a Breathe v3 or v4 some point down the line (hopefully a crimson color option and some dust filters will be available by then)!
Thanks dude. I'll be ready waiting for you.

For next revision, I think you should make adjustments (on the mid plate) to accommodate an AIO liquid cooler in place of an SFX PSU. A DC-DC solution can be used instead. Heck, if you really wanted you can accommodate an internal PSU there...

Also, a top cover for concealing cables would be a nice touch.

Great case overall :thumb:
Thanks, I'll see what I can do. Been toying with the idea of the top cover for weeks already. I want to add it, but It's been the plague of my mind. I just can't figure out a good way of doing it.

Can u fix the prob of dram slots interference with psu cable on next version?
Yep, already made this change to the design. It was high on my priority list.

How much are these cases? im excited to look into ordering one.
$175, not including shipping, which is variable according to where you live. If you live in the US, shipping will be rather cheap; but if not, then it'll be pretty pricey unfortunately.