DAN C4-SFX

Questors

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 28, 2018
Shame about the brand on the front panel that kinda ruin everything.

Apple logo looks great. DAN is just a person's name.

Dan is the person's name, true. It is also the brand. Like Ford, Dodge, Toyoda or Chevrolet. They are all "just names" too. They are scrawled all over the products people run about it in every day. To me the DAN is tastefully done and no different than any brand logo. Which in the end, is exactly what it is, a brand logo that happens to also be a name.

You are of course entitled to your own opinion. I see no problem with that.

C4_Or_H2O

Efficiency Noob
Jan 28, 2022
I got a question, specific to my build. Could I somehow fit this card inside of C4? Like with low profile power cable adaptors, etc.? What is the absolute maximum GPU height for C4?

C4_Or_H2O

Efficiency Noob
Jan 28, 2022
Well, the Ventus is a reference sized card... I dont see why you wouldnt be able to fit it?
Reference models are only 112 mm in height, mine is 128mm, so I thought It might be a little bit too tall for the classic layout (forgot to add this last bit on my original question).
It will fit :)
Thank you for this info. I'll go with the C4 then. One more question: is there any chance you will offer C4 without a raiser cable for those of us that prefer the classic layout?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@C4_Or_H2O

Sry the first post isnt up to date because i made many changes after optimumtech review. I am now in the process switching from post1 to this:

UPDATE
Here is the feature list of the final sample of the C4-SFX

Added features:
1.) GPU top = default
2.) 16mm more in width (CPU heatsinks up to 145mm)
3.) 3mm more in height (support Noctua C14S on all boards)
4.) Full 140 Fan support for GPU intake or Ghetto Mod
5.) Remove Slot-Hole bars - it is now one single hole (improve temps for Blower and 30x0 FE cards)
6.) Include an optional GPU exhaust duct (hot air from 30x0 FE back fan will be not recycled by the AIO it will forced out over the sides)
7.) More vent holes on the side panel
8.) All sides can be covered (on the old sample the bottom would be open if GPU is on top)
9.) Improved AIO bracket (more airflow) and shift able to two positions.
10.) Increased stiffness of the chassis.
11.) Easy way to install even GPUs that uses the complete internal length without take the case apart.
12.) Optimized compatibility for SFX PSU mounted with exhaust to the front. This one will be the primary PSU position. It will support C14s with dual 140mm fan and also (Feature 6 on AIO mode)
13.) Iceman Pump-Res combo support.
14.) Improvement on the motherboard tray - the GPU can move more air out the case under the board.
15.) Two location for PSU power inlet. (Increase compatibility for some heatsinks)
16.) The GPU must no longer source through two layers of vent holes (ref. Optimum Tech Video)
17.) No GPU sacking bracket.
18.) Simplify cooling best practice
- GPU on top pulls air in and exhaust over left, right and back side. GPU will nearly not affect CPU cooling solutions)
- Tower Heatsink: Pull air from the back, exhaust over 140mm fan on the AIO bracket
- Top down Heatsink: Pull air from the bottom, exhaust over 2x140mm fan on the AIO bracket
- 280 AIO: Pull air from the bottom, exhaust over 2x140mm fan on the AIO bracket

Dropped features:
1.) Sandwich Layout
2.) PSU rotating 90°
3.) dropping 240AIO and 120mm Fan support on the AIO bracket

Evaluating:
1.) USB-C Port next to the Power Button (90% final)
2.) Special duct bars for Ghetto Mod so air will be forced into the GPU heatsink.
3.) Making outer panels with sand blast and die stamp

Final dimensions: 166x241x329 = 13.15l

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
Added features:
12.) Optimized compatibility for SFX PSU mounted with exhaust to the front. This one will be the primary PSU position. It will support C14s with dual 140mm fan and also (Feature 6 on AIO mode)
Hi @dondan, can you please elaborate on the PSU orientation as described? I’m trying to visualize how exhausting toward the front of the case works, and where the PSU intakes from in the GPU-on-top orientation.

Really looking forward to this case!

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I had a lot of work with the A4-H2O but I am nearly done with CAD on the new version. I think it will be very cool and have some uniqe features.

Here is a preivew how it looks in Solidworks right now:

- Feets aren't final, Iceman holes mission s.o.

Last edited: