DAN C4-SFX

Igor_B

Trash Compacter
Jan 9, 2022
Only VLP does allow for two 120mm fans on the D12L. If you use Dominator you can only use on fan.

@dondan going back to Corsair Dominator and AIO bracket (not asking for a 2nd fan on Noctua D12L):

1. Is it possible to use Corsair Dominator with AIO bracket and Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM (25mm height) on it?
  2. Is there any value to use Corsair Dominator or fanless LP ram as Crucial DDR5 would be cooled enough?
I do not want to face incompatibility issues plus non-valuable memory. Please share your opinion here. Thanks!

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
1. yes
2. I do not think there is a real value of using Dominator ram. If you like the look get it but there is no real advantage.

Reactions: Igor_B

Mitohondri

Caliper Novice
Dec 14, 2021
one question
if you answered it before i apologize, haven't looked at whole thread.
when water cooling the cpu, best temperatures are with vents as exhaust or as intake?

ackrite26

Chassis Packer
Jan 20, 2023
Hi Dan,

Apologies if you have already answered this (I searched through the thread and did not find an answer). I was wondering how much clearance would there be at the rear of the mobo to install a NVME with a heatsink? Namely the Firecuda 530, thanks.

iamaleksey

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 21, 2023
Hi Dan,

Specifications web page says the following about GPU compatibility:

3.9 Slot GPU
Height: 137 mm
Width: 79 mm
Length: 336mm

up to 3 Slot GPU
Height: 148 mm (PCIe power sockets neets to be 15mm lower)
Width: 61 mm
Length: 340mm

What does "PCIe power sockets needs to be 15mm lower" mean? (typo in "neets" by the way)

Also, would 4080 FE with EKWB with EK-Quantum Vector² FE fit? It is technically 148mm high altogether, one slot:

And lastly, I take it Iceman pump/res combo support has been removed?

Cheers.

Igor_B

Trash Compacter
Jan 9, 2022
Hi Dan,

What does "PCIe power sockets needs to be 15mm lower" mean? (typo in "neets" by the way)

Also, would 4080 FE with EKWB with EK-Quantum Vector² FE fit? It is technically 148mm high altogether, one slot:

Cheers.

These adapters might be your life saviors
  1. https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc-terminal-rotary-90-black
  2. https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc-terminal-angled

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Hi Dan,

Cheers.

148mm inclusive of the power connectors. If the power connectors are right at 148mm, there is no room for the actual PCIe power to plug in. So 15mm is recommended for the power connector.

As for the EK block, forget about it. The block alone is 148mm, and that doesn't include the PCIe slot of the GPU itself, which adds 15mm. Rotary or angled terminals won't save you here either.

Reactions: Dampfbox

iamaleksey

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 21, 2023
148mm inclusive of the power connectors. If the power connectors are right at 148mm, there is no room for the actual PCIe power to plug in. So 15mm is recommended for the power connector.

As for the EK block, forget about it. The block alone is 148mm, and that doesn't include the PCIe slot of the GPU itself, which adds 15mm. Rotary or angled terminals won't save you here either.
Oh sigh. Thank you.

iamaleksey

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 21, 2023
So I'm guessing doing a custom loop in C4-SFX with this gen Nvidia GPUs at least, at the moment, would not be really viable?

My current machine is a dual-radiator custom loop in an NCase M1 with 2080Ti/5600X. Even with 2080Ti it was a tight fit. No existing 4080 water block even remotely fits it, and I was hoping C4-SFX would be the solution, but alas.

I assume the reasonable thing to do with C4 is to simply air-cool the GPU and use an AIO for the CPU, or maybe not even bother with an AIO and go all air, given how much compatibility it has with some pretty beefy heatsinks, and functionally it wouldn't be much worse than a custom loop, if at all. Just a lot less fun tinkering-wise.

Would have to go with something like ek-pro-gpu-wb-amp-trinity-rtx-4090-rack-nickel-inox to make it work in C4? Anybody aware of other blocks like this? I've searched quite a bit but am coming up short.

nathanjaker

Cable Smoosher
Mar 18, 2021
Thanks for confirming the LF 280 AIO will fit, I was planning to buy it for this build, but now I'm wondering if it's a good idea to put it in this case. The extra thick rad will put the fans farther back against the PSU and MB (the straight tubes from the block probably don't help either), so I was wondering what your opinion is on whether a more traditional AIO (like Kraken X63) would be better to use, or if the LF 280 would still have superior performance even with less breathing room.