DAN C4-SFX

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Today I got the production rdy sample from LianLi of the 13.37L version. Looks sooo good:

Last edited:

SIIIII

Cable Smoosher
Oct 10, 2022
For the record, if you decide to release the 13.37L version of the DAN CASE C4, can we still expect the C4 to release in Q4 like planned?!

Maxmillian

Efficiency Noob
Oct 11, 2022
Could you add a dual 3.5 HDD bracket, like ncase m1?
Maybe as an optional part. Lianli could make this part using their old mould.
I cant find any other case under 14L which support aircooling CPU with full length GPU and multiple HDD.

LucyMorn

Trash Compacter
Nov 2, 2021
No panic, I already asked Lian Li about it :)
Any chance for an estimation on when it will be available to purchase in the US? I am gathering parts in the next two weeks (13600k, 4090, etc) and wondering if I should get an NR200 as a placeholder or an open bench. I obviously don't want to leave my system in an open bench status for too long...

definelicht

Caliper Novice
Sep 24, 2020
Chipping in on the size discussion: In my mind, Dan cases are about space optimal; using every cubic centimeter to build the most dense system that airflow allows. For those who "just" want a high performance ITX case, there's the NR200 or the H1, and for the 14.7L size point there's the Meshlicious. I would really stick to the smallest volume that can support a high-end GPU, not any high-end GPU -- in SFF we are used to picking our parts carefully, and this will be trivial compared to finding a GPU for the A4 ;-)

Another perspective: Based on the EVGA debacle, complaints from other partners, and the refining of the FE cooler design, it seems that the direction NVIDIA is going is producing more GPUs in house rather than relying on partners (the more layers of the stack they have in house, the more money they make). So I would expect more FE cards to be around relative to partner models in the longer run (not sure if this generation already, but maybe?).

xil22

Chassis Packer
Sep 24, 2022
Chipping in on the size discussion: In my mind, Dan cases are about space optimal; using every cubic centimeter to build the most dense system that airflow allows. For those who "just" want a high performance ITX case, there's the NR200 or the H1, and for the 14.7L size point there's the Meshlicious. I would really stick to the smallest volume that can support a high-end GPU, not any high-end GPU -- in SFF we are used to picking our parts carefully, and this will be trivial compared to finding a GPU for the A4 ;-)

Another perspective: Based on the EVGA debacle, complaints from other partners, and the refining of the FE cooler design, it seems that the direction NVIDIA is going is producing more GPUs in house rather than relying on partners (the more layers of the stack they have in house, the more money they make). So I would expect more FE cards to be around relative to partner models in the longer run (not sure if this generation already, but maybe?).

The problem with FE cards is that NVIDIA only sells them in select markets.

remotebert

Caliper Novice
Jan 13, 2021
Are there some recommended power supplies that will fit in this case that can safely handle a 4090 and K series CPU? Nvidia recommends a 850+ PSU, but I don't really want to go for the minimum power requirements if I don't have to.

Timeless

Caliper Novice
Jul 1, 2021
Are there some recommended power supplies that will fit in this case that can safely handle a 4090 and K series CPU? Nvidia recommends a 850+ PSU, but I don't really want to go for the minimum power requirements if I don't have to.
I think only the sx1000 has enough power for the rtx 4090, since it needs 4 pcie for the 600w. Though you could use a cooler master v850 sfx