DAN A4-SFX v4.1

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Alright, finally got my g-unique brick so I was able to rebuild the system with a Corsair H55 + NF-A12x25 instead of the Asetek 545LC + NF-A9x14.
What an improvement temperature wise...

Best decision ever !

The ADT LAB cable is a huge improvement over the Lian-Li one in my opinion.

The G-Unique installation was kind of a challenge as I wanted a 92mm noctua at the bottom but the plug length was to long. It's still kinda bent and has some pressure on it but seems to be working...

To get this to work, I added 2 small spacers between the case and the plug connection.

Hope it holds. Otherwise I might just cut into the fan housing to make it a more comfortable fit.

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
Alright, finally got my g-unique brick so I was able to rebuild the system with a Corsair H55 + NF-A12x25 instead of the Asetek 545LC + NF-A9x14.

Best decision ever !

The G-Unique installation was kind of a challenge as I wanted a 92mm noctua at the bottom but the plug length was to long. It's still kinda bent and has some pressure on it but seems to be working...

To get this to work, I added 2 small spacers between the case and the plug connection.

Hope it holds. Otherwise I might just cut into the fan housing to make it a more comfortable fit.

How are you able to fit a 92mm Noctua under the motherboard tray?

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
How are you able to fit a 92mm Noctua under the motherboard tray?

Well, I use the ADT LAB riser cable which is alot shorter than the original one.
It actually fits quite well although the motherboard presses slightly onto it.

Only the power cable is a little bit blocking in my case.

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
Well, I use the ADT LAB riser cable which is alot shorter than the original one.
It actually fits quite well although the motherboard presses slightly onto it.

Only the power cable is a little bit blocking in my case.
I didn't know that the V2 stock configuration could fit a 92mm noctua under the case. I'll have to give it a try. Will it also fit with a stock PSU cable/setup that comes with the V2?

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
I didn't know that the V2 stock configuration could fit a 92mm noctua under the case. I'll have to give it a try. Will it also fit with a stock PSU cable/setup that comes with the V2?
Wish I could answer that. I have the V3 and I don't think anything changed at the bottom of the motherboard backplate. I do know the stock PCI riser cable is a blocking factor. The stock PSU cable is shorter than the G-Unique one I'm using.

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Having used the 545lc and now a h55, i have no idea how they would be able to do that unless you can run the hoses through the top but then the PSU will be the blocking factor or your motherboard needs horizontal ram slots...

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019

Best decision ever !

My question is , now with the ADT Cable, you think if you didn't have that EVGA Stuffed inside, you could stick a top fan ?
I'm gonna stick one and one over the PSU but , I dont know if it will interact with the 2080ti EVGA XC Gaming I'm waiting for <3

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
My question is , now with the ADT Cable, you think if you didn't have that EVGA Stuffed inside, you could stick a top fan ?
I'm gonna stick one and one over the PSU but , I dont know if it will interact with the 2080ti EVGA XC Gaming I'm waiting for <3
Even with the gpu I currently use, I can easily fit a fan with a 80mm width above the motherboard. Though, it leaves barely enough space for a 80x10 fan in terms of height. I chose not to install it because it slightly hits the PCI-E riser cable and moves barely any air, also because of the cable which blocks a significant area of the fan. A 92x14 won't fit at all. If I push the riser cable down the fan moves without touching, but once the cable settles again you hear the fan rubbing against the cable.

Over the PSU, the PSU bracket is a blocking factor if you use an internal PSU.

Both the 120mm aio, pushing air against the backplate of the GPU and the GPU itself generate enough air pressure to push air out through the top. You feel air coming out. For the motherboard, the addition of the bottom fan is better than none and improved overall board temps. I think adding a top fan won't be a real improvement.

Last edited:

J-R

Caliper Novice
Mar 2, 2019
I was able to do a push/pull fan with the 545 and 2 Noctua A9X14 by replacing the stand of the case by a taller one that you can usually buy from a hardware shop. Delidded 8700k 4.7 @ 1.23v. never hit 70C even on BFV.

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
Int
Even with the gpu I currently use, I can easily fit a fan with a 80mm width above the motherboard. Though, it leaves barely enough space for a 80x10 fan in terms of height. I chose not to install it because it slightly hits the PCI-E riser cable and moves barely any air, also because of the cable which blocks a significant area of the fan. A 92x14 won't fit at all. If I push the riser cable down the fan moves without touching, but once the cable settles again you hear the fan rubbing against the cable.

Over the PSU, the PSU bracket is a blocking factor if you use an internal PSU.

Both the 120mm aio, pushing air against the backplate of the GPU and the GPU itself generate enough air pressure to push air out through the top. You feel air coming out. For the motherboard, the addition of the bottom fan is better than none and improved overall board temps. I think adding a top fan won't be a real improvement.

Intersting , especially after I have shopped 2x Noctua 92mm x 14mm height
I guess since I got them there is nothing to lose if I try it , also , miracles happen with Tape and the Riser

We shall see what happens , on the 23 I will be back to base to make the tests on it .

Reactions: PeGys

Yorkfield

Chassis Packer
Mar 10, 2018
Hi, does anyone know a way of how to make the screw heads less visible?
Maybe putting some kind of tiny caps or stickers on them?

(I wish the top part could be attached in a different way, maybe in version 5)

deadline

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 9, 2018
Having used the 545lc and now a h55, i have no idea how they would be able to do that unless you can run the hoses through the top but then the PSU will be the blocking factor or your motherboard needs horizontal ram slots...

I don't own a Dan A4 (...yet), but is there a reason why you can't route the hoses between the ram sticks and bottom of case?

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Thanks! The new 92 mm Aio has longer tubes, and the waterblock can be mounted with the ventiles in bottom position, so fingers crossed!
Let's hope so
I bought my LPX ram without thinking about the issue, so I was glad that worked out fine

Yorkfield

Chassis Packer
Mar 10, 2018
Perhaps if you can find some brushed aluminum vinyl and a hole punch you could stick that over the screw heads.
Hm, the screw heads seem to be flash to the panel's surface, meaning there will be some kind of humps. But okay, if I manage to get some really ultra thin, round pieces of alloy, that might still look better than those screw heads.

By the way, does anyone know where to get this 120 mm fan bracket from?

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Hm, the screw heads seem to be flash to the panel's surface, meaning there will be some kind of humps. But okay, if I manage to get some really ultra thin, round pieces of alloy, that might still look better than those screw heads.

By the way, does anyone know where to get this 120 mm fan bracket from?

It's included in the v3 and I think it will be available as an accessorie once the V4 becomes available. The only problem is that the v1 and v2 don't have screw holes for it I think...