DAN A4-SFX v4.1

icymind

Efficiency Noob
Nov 17, 2018

@dondan hi Daniel, could you confirm that only power cable and riser cable included in V4($199)?
Do I need to purchase USB-C cable and fan bracket separately?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
You only need to order the 120mm AIO bracket if you need it (It will be available in April on SFFLab). Everything else is included.

Reactions: icymind

LCol84

What's an ITX?
Jun 16, 2018
I really hope that one day will be available a total clean front look.
This decentralized power button keeps me from buying this little piece of engeneering. I think it will be much better putting it on the rear. I can bear the usb type C port but not this. Shame on me.

Reactions: advblue

dfrgu

Trash Compacter
Mar 11, 2019
@dondan Hello Daniel. Where can I get replacement feet for the case ( if there is any)? One of the four feet is now lower than the others and it wobbles on the table.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@dondan Hello Daniel. Where can I get replacement feet for the case ( if there is any)?

https://dan-cases.com/rma.html

https://www.sfflab.com/collections/most-popular/products/dan_a4_cable_usb

Is the V3 USB 3.0 cable compatible with the V4? I would think the cutout for the USB-C is smaller on the V4, but not sure.

My motherboard only has a USB 3.1G1 header so I can't take advantage of the new front panel USB-C, hence my asking.

No it isn't. The v4 has front USB-C but the old internal header so you can use it ;)

Reactions: friendscatdied

genesis

Efficiency Noob
Mar 11, 2019
Quote from a reddit thread about Asetek 645LT where it is mentioned that the PSU mount will be higher on Rev.4 for easier AIO mount:
He was unable to do that, unfortunately. V4 is no easier to use with this than the V3 version. He had an update somewhere on SFF forum about it, but I'm not sure where it is in the A4-SFX thread.

I have been unable to find this statement. Is it bogus or can someone point me in the right direction?

Last edited:

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Quote from a reddit thread about Asetek 645LT where it is mentioned that the PSU mount will be higher on Rev.4 for easier AIO mount:

I have been unable to find this statement. Is it bogus or can someone point me in the right direction?

Can someone tell me what CPU cooler that is on the sfflabs photos? (Picture 5 of 8)
I also remember the statement it would be higher but can't seem to remember it couldn't be done, so the only one to clarify this is @dondan...

Hanakuso

Caliper Novice
Mar 7, 2019
IIRC, Dan mentioned since the 545LC is out of production there’s no reason to make changes for a dead product. Then again he was involved with the newer revised product so my memory is probably off.

In late December he omitted the PSU moving up in V4. Not sure if it was by accident or what. Hope he can let us know

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
@dondan I purchased a 200mm riser cable and it seems that there is not enough length to install , I saw that you have shortened the ADT to 185mm...
Am I doing anything wrong ?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@kanth: The ADT has a special design and doesnt need the bottom and top bend of the cable. This is the reason why it will work with 185mm length. If you use a normal riser you need 250-270mm length version.

In late December he omitted the PSU moving up in V4. Not sure if it was by accident or what. Hope he can let us know

Moving up the psu was on the "possible change list" for v4 but it was impossible without bigger changes to the chassis. This is why drop this feature.

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
@dondan I purchased a 200mm riser cable and it seems that there is not enough length to install , I saw that you have shortened the ADT to 185mm...
Am I doing anything wrong ?
ADT riser runs behind the GPU instead of the motherboard. Also, the Pcb's of it are mounted differently compared to the original one. It doesn't need to have a bend at the GPU side as it runs upward from the PCI-E pcb instead of downward. This makes it possible to have a shorter cable.

Reactions: fabio

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
great ! why noone said that before i order when we were discussing about it a few pages back.....
a loss of money i assume

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
great ! why noone said that before i order when we were discussing about it a few pages back.....
a loss of money i assume
Dude, you've asked me about it.
I told you to buy the 300mm, more than one time, explaining also why.
Next time when you ask, read the answers before doing other questions.

Reactions: Shinken1

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
Dude, you've asked me about it.
I told you to buy the 300mm, more than one time, explaining also why.
Next time when you ask, read the answers before doing other questions.
Guess I didn't get it , I thought you made a typing mistake cause there is not point changing a 300mm Lian Li cable with another 300mm ,
Nevermind now it's done , I've already ordered the ADT

Creep

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 2, 2017
Does this loop tubing look too obtrusive over the RAM? I turned the cooler slightly counter-clockwise to see if it would decrease the bump but it didn't reduce the clash. From most I've seen, others have similar or the same orientation.

Wondering if I made a mistake and my RAM is still not low-pro enough? I'm getting some serious panel bulge from how it's fitted now.

I understood before blueprinting some bulge comes with the components but exactly how much?

Rotate it back clockwise?

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Does this loop tubing look too obtrusive over the RAM? I turned the cooler slightly counter-clockwise to see if it would decrease the bump but it didn't reduce the clash. From most I've seen, others have similar or the same orientation.

Wondering if I made a mistake and my RAM is still not low-pro enough? I'm getting some serious panel bulge from how it's fitted now.

I understood before blueprinting some bulge comes with the components but exactly how much?

Rotate it back clockwise?

Well, you will always have the tubing bulging out of the case a little but when closing the case, they press on the side panel but not that hard, so you can close the case.

Though, the ram height plays a crucial role in this. When the ram is too high, it will obstruct the tubing and closing the case will be impossible. Thats why low profile ram like the corsair LPX is advised when using the 545LC.