DAN A4-SFX v4.1

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@dondan
Is there any chance , to also produce the Chassis where the motherboard is now screwed on with bigger Cut out Gaps on them on top and bottom so that people with previous Versions can Install Fans below and Above the Motherboard?
I mean as a separate extra part for purchase.

We do not have plans to sell these spare parts. It is logistical impossible for small companies like us to have all new A4-SFXv4 parts also available as spare parts.

Do you have an idea when in April? Beginning or the end? I'm looking to build a PC and would love to do it in a V4

Currently I can't give a more specifiec date.

I have brought the new ADT PCI-E riser and aims to get a better ventilation compare with the V3 Lian-Li PCI-E riser. But i found that the new ADT PCI-E riser cannot go through the underneath of motherboard due to the conflict with CPU cooler backplate or M.2 SSD for ASUS motherboard. (Compare with ADT, 3M is thin and narrow, Lian-Li is more flexible)
Even through the ADT riser can go through to the back of display card, but due to the original A4 case is design for 3M PCI-E riser, it does not have enough space for ADT riser when installing a display card with backplate.

I could route it on the motherboard chamber and also on the GPU chamber without problems. My GPU also have a backplate. What heatsink and GPU do you use?

It's more Thick than the Lian Li 300mm shipped with the V3???

It should be the same ~1.6mm

Cane

Cable Smoosher
Feb 25, 2018
I made the decision to not release Window Kits in the near future by myself because I am not very happy with the temp results on it. Also the v4 will support custom Window Kits very easily (pre drilled threads). For v4 there will be a 2D CAD file on my website later, that you can customize and upload to an Acrylic Onlinshop. Furthermore I send my old Window Kit CAD files to SFFLab and they will work on a official solution for you.

Maybe I will work on this topic in the future again by myself, but currently I have to work on more important topics like C4-SFX.
Thats actually pretty sad to hear. I myself have been waiting for this for over half a year now. There are some real dope looking builds out there with custom acrylic panels.
So do I understand you right, that SFFLab will offer the metal panels and I will just have to buy my custom acrylic Panels? Because that would be pretty awesome!
I would do them myself but your metal panels look way better than anything I could come by with.
There are definitely more people who want to buy a pack of these.
Im wondering if even more than 25% of the DAN A4 owners acutally put that hardware in this case that you tested the panels with. IMHO the people who buy these panels wont get a significant performance hit because their hardware wont produce enough heat to throttle the CPU or GPU.
Nevertheless, sad to hear.

hauwing

Minimal Tinkerer
Mar 4, 2019
I could route it on the motherboard chamber and also on the GPU chamber without problems. My GPU also have a backplate. What heatsink and GPU do you use?

Thanks for your quick response

I am using cryorig c7 and asus rog 1050ti

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Please use the Cryorig C7 without the big backplate. The Heatsink supports two mounting versions. One without backplate and the other without.

Reactions: fabio

hauwing

Minimal Tinkerer
Mar 4, 2019
Please use the Cryorig C7 without the big backplate. The Heatsink supports two mounting versions. One without backplate and the other without.

I am using the mat mounting version orderly (without the backplate version). The problem is the width of adt riser is bigger than the clearance of intel 115x heatsink hole. If we force to install it, the motherboard cannot be installed properly. That’s why the pcie riser must go throght to the back of display card.

We know the v4 version will be announced. Wish you can solve this problem.

Creep

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 2, 2017
For Asetek 545LC users, what else are you doing to lower your overall temps? If a 40mm is pretty much useless, then the next best thing is another slim under the pump and/or one on the side panel directly over the pump?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
For Asetek 545LC users, what else are you doing to lower your overall temps? If a 40mm is pretty much useless, then the next best thing is another slim under the pump and/or one on the side panel directly over the pump?
I sue only the radiator one, waiting the V4 to have one below the MB. Other fans really don't help so much!

jakemelon

Efficiency Noob
Mar 5, 2019
It will be available together with v4 release.

Here are my current changes for v4.

• New riser with 185mm short cable (like this https://www.sfflab.com/collections/parts/products/pcie-extender-adt) will drop retail price $10-$25
  • Adding 92mm fan mountpoint + ventholes under the motherboard
  • Lifting the PSU 5mm up to have more space for 92mm AIO
  • removing 120mm AIO bracket from included to optional (orderable over SFFLabs parts section)
  • USB 3.1 gen2 Typ-C at the front
  • adding mointpoints over the motherboard for 120mm AIO bracket to be able to mount a 120mm fan above motherboard
  • making the PWSW cable longer for better access on cheap MSI AM4 boards
  • changing HDD bracket to support for 15mm thick drives
If you have more ideas please let me know.

Hi,

I have a Corsair SF600, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming (270mm x 111.15mm) and Asus ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING. What is the recommend AIO cooler for the above set up in v4?

thanks
jake

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
Hi,

I have a Corsair SF600, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming (270mm x 111.15mm) and Asus ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING. What is the recommend AIO cooler for the above set up in v4?

thanks
jake
You can't do more than just wait for the new asetek....
Where else and what else to use... You card is too long to use 120mm AIO with Bracket ...
Why you want AIO cooler ? What CPU And cooler u got ATM?

skupey

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 30, 2018

Today i saw asetek 645lt for 92mm AIO, can you sell too nzxt kraken m22 for 120mm AIO?

Has anyone used strix gtx 1660ti? does it fit?

jakemelon

Efficiency Noob
Mar 5, 2019
You can't do more than just wait for the new asetek....
Where else and what else to use... You card is too long to use 120mm AIO with Bracket ...
Why you want AIO cooler ? What CPU And cooler u got ATM?

I have an i7-8700K with a Scyth BIG Shuriken 2 Rev. B in a Node 202 and figured I'd make a jump to AIO in the Dan case.

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
@dondan Just noticed pre-ordering the V4 was available on SFFLAB... So this was quickly followed by placing my pre-order!!! Can't wait!!! But hopefully they can ship sooner than the May 3rd estimate.

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
@dondan Just noticed pre-ordering the V4 was available on SFFLAB... So this was quickly followed by placing my pre-order!!! Can't wait!!! But hopefully they can ship sooner than the May 3rd estimate.
So if sfflab stocks up earlier than 28th of april they might ship sooner?

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
Hello there, i am new to this forum. I would like to know if anyone has tested the 545lc aio on a4-sfx...i am intending of getting an intel 9600kf on a z390 board and pair it with the radeon pro wx7100 that i already have. I won t be using it for rendering , but i would overclock for the sake of overclocking. Please, any experience would be greatly appreciated.

Desertf0x9

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
Running 545LC AIO with my 9900k with good results. Using it mostly for gaming and temperatures are mid 85 degrees C at 4.7 ghz on all cores. I am able to run 5.0 ghz all core overclock with some games like apex legends but occasionally will spike up to mid 90s. I couldn't maintain 5ghz with BFV though.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

rtxfangay

Efficiency Noob
Nov 30, 2018
Anyone know the ETA for the window kit? I see that the V4 is up for pre-order on SFFLab.com but not the window kit that i'm waiting to buy for my V3 :(