DAN A4-SFX v4.1

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
I have an i7-8700K with a Scyth BIG Shuriken 2 Rev. B in a Node 202 and figured I'd make a jump to AIO in the Dan case.

That Scythe won't fit... Had it too. With an sf600 your only choise would be a 545lc if you can find one or wait for the new model thats in development by asetek ...

I'm switching to an external power supply to be able to install a 120mm aio to improve temps.

My 7700k @ 4.5Ghz runs at stable 80°c at full load (after 30 min) with the 545lc.

Reactions: thorcik

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
thanks for the input,

if i may ask, since my only experience is with ryzen, power consuption wise, do you advice ryzen or 9th generation intel ? on reviews i have noticed that intel is power hungry. I intend to use a 450w psu at max for my sff build as the GPU is 150w at full load. (any more than that would be waste of money) I have been using power meters on different psu product websites, but i would like to hear from real life scenarios.

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
Finally done after a lot of trial and error! Whats left is just finding a new GPU! Any recommendations?

depends on what you do, unfortunately i have no time for games, but nvidia is fast. in my experience, my radeon pro helped the system boot up real fast, have no idea how, while since i have instaled the rtx 2080 OC strix, the system takes a while to boot...might be the fact that i had fewer application installed before i upgraded my pc.

rtxfangay

Efficiency Noob
Nov 30, 2018
depends on what you do, unfortunately i have no time for games, but nvidia is fast. in my experience, my radeon pro helped the system boot up real fast, have no idea how, while since i have instaled the rtx 2080 OC strix, the system takes a while to boot...might be the fact that i had fewer application installed before i upgraded my pc.
Hey, so you can fit the 2080 Strix in your A4-SFX? It must be a really tight fit.

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
No, currently i have phanteks evolv matx, but i want to build a new system, as i already have a radeon pro wx7100 card which is single slot and full length, rog strix 2080 oc has no chance to fit in a4-sfx, as it is 2,7 slot card
Long story short, i really liked the evolv matx, but there were no decent am4 boards in the matx form factor, the atx cases are to bulky for my tastes, so my solution is to have one pc for my office and one for home, anyways i came into a conclusion that an intel system would be more appropiate, but intel is expensive

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
I was merely discussing whether it is better to have a proffessional card or a gaming card, professional cards always have smaller dimensions and are supported by better drivers

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
Hello again,

I have been viewing videos and photos of both a4-sfx and ncase M1 and my thoughts are divided. While ncase m1 offers better thermals, aesthetically speaking a4-sfx is unique, especially the V4. I was considering the louqe ghost a week ago, but i feel that sfflab cases are more elegant. I am not in a hurry. Personal insights would be appreciated . Thank you in advance.

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Hello again,

I have been viewing videos and photos of both a4-sfx and ncase M1 and my thoughts are divided. While ncase m1 offers better thermals, aesthetically speaking a4-sfx is unique, especially the V4. I was considering the louqe ghost a week ago, but i feel that sfflab cases are more elegant. I am not in a hurry. Personal insights would be appreciated . Thank you in advance.
Have you looked into the dan-c4 if you are interested in the ncase m1?

Still in development though but as You're not in a hurry...

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019

Yes, but i am not interested in glass panels, or maybe I simply did not like it. It is not that i really need another pc, an ultrabook and the pc that i already have gets the job done. Since i have 16gb ram and a radeon proffessional card lying around, and i feel not like selling them i thought that a low profile pc would be better in the office than the beast desktop that i have. Also, there are many decent itx boards in the market, and in future i could upgrade to 64gb ram if i needed to. With the advance of technology during late years, it is weird that we still have huge cases lying under the desk. But even a matx case prevents me from making eye contact with clients or coulleges in the office. Just an insight, i would never place a desktop under the desk.

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019

Yes, but i am not interested in glass panels, i need a low profile and who knows, in future i might travel or even work abroad, i already have an ultrabook workstation but i came to a conclusion that laptops are called

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I am currently in the process of updating the dan-cases website. Are there any tutorials, you like to see on that page?

Currently I have:
  • A4-SFX Watercooling Guide
  • How to improve cooling performance
  • How to handle a i7 8700/9900K
  • How to get custom window kits for v4
  • Example Configurations
  • Special 3D printable parts
  • Custom Cables Guide

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
I am currently in the process of updating the dan-cases website. Are there any tutorials, you like to see on that page?

Currently I have:
  • Example Configurations
  • Custom Cables Guide

• A compatibility matrix of new parts (e.g on SFFLab) against each version of the A4

DarkCanuck

Average Stuffer
Jun 28, 2018

Currently I have:
  • Example Configurations
  • Custom Cables Guide
A guide for installing both components of the HDPLEX 400w unit would be appreciated, specifically the new AC-DC converter where should we mount that? :)

DarkCanuck

Average Stuffer
Jun 28, 2018
I don't think the AC-DC will fit inside.
Looks like I'll have to try some trial and error once I order the V4 and receive the HDPLEX combination. I'm really looking forward to setting this up :).
Additionally; do you have any images of the new Asetek 645LT set up in the A4?