DAN A4-SFX v4.1

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
The air turbulence noise is the least of my concern. The whiny noise of the fans on my gtx1080ti ftw3 is what bothers me most... Though, it does support idle fan on low load.

I do get your complaint. The gpu is very close to the side panel and the perforation does tend to make it noisy. I think there is no real solution to this, except removing the side panel.

Creep

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 2, 2017
Partially unrelated but what would ya'll do: Swap a 7700k with a 9700k or a 1080 with an RTX? Between this and custom cables, my V3 has never seen side panels.

Creep

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 2, 2017
Some pictures of the A4-SFXv4

Regards
Daniel

Finally done after a lot of trial and error! Whats left is just finding a new GPU! Any recommendations?

Which Noctuas have you guys got fitted on the bottom there?

Reactions: fabio

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Partially unrelated but what would ya'll do: Swap a 7700k with a 9700k or a 1080 with an RTX? Between this and custom cables, my V3 has never seen side panels.
Thats a hard one. I have both a 7700K and a gtx1080ti and don't see any point in investing in a z370 board to fit a 9700k at this point. It might be a quad core with temp spikes but still performs very well.. As for the 1080 don't know if it's a ti but a ti performs around a 2080 but without the almost useless Ray tracking...

Reactions: Creep

meganfarr

Efficiency Noob
Feb 6, 2019
It will be available together with v4 release.

Here are my current changes for v4.

• New riser with 185mm short cable (like this https://www.sfflab.com/collections/parts/products/pcie-extender-adt) will drop retail price $10-$25
  • Adding 92mm fan mountpoint + ventholes under the motherboard
  • Lifting the PSU 5mm up to have more space for 92mm AIO
  • removing 120mm AIO bracket from included to optional (orderable over SFFLabs parts section)
  • USB 3.1 gen2 Typ-C at the front
  • adding mointpoints over the motherboard for 120mm AIO bracket to be able to mount a 120mm fan above motherboard
  • making the PWSW cable longer for better access on cheap MSI AM4 boards
  • changing HDD bracket to support for 15mm thick drives
If you have more ideas please let me know.

With these changes, am I right in thinking with an i7-9700k & MSI - MPG Z390I GAMING EDGE AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard could I use the Corsair - H60 54 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler & Noctua - NF-F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120mm Fan, then another Noctua - NF-F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120mm Fan above the motherboard, and then a Noctua - NF-A9 PWM 46.44 CFM 92mm Fan below the motherboard? Is this correct, if not please could you inform me of the appropriate setup? TIA

Khanza

Chassis Packer
Jan 24, 2019
With these changes, am I right in thinking with an i7-9700k & MSI - MPG Z390I GAMING EDGE AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard could I use the Corsair - H60 54 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler & Noctua - NF-F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120mm Fan, then another Noctua - NF-F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120mm Fan above the motherboard, and then a Noctua - NF-A9 PWM 46.44 CFM 92mm Fan below the motherboard? Is this correct, if not please could you inform me of the appropriate setup? TIA

you can put AIO WC if you use mini itx gpu (single fan gpu)
you can not put 120mm fan above the motherboard.
only 92mm slim fan will fit below the motherboard.
cmiiw

rcbuggy88

Efficiency Noob
Feb 8, 2019
Specifically for this case (waiting for v4), would I want blower or an open-air GPU. I'm mainly looking at 2060 cards. I like the way the strix card but that won't fit because its 2.5 slot? So right now I'm trying to decide between the evga xc ultra gaming, FE, and asus blower.
My current top choice is the evga because I heard the customer service is really good. But, I don't like the way there is an E on the fan blades.
FE I heard is loud and the customer service is bad.
I like the asus brand name (kind of fanboy) but I heard blowers are bad and noisy and also run hotter.

The rest of the build is still adjustable.

Intel i7 9700k (kind of high but I plan on doing some lightroom and I think that needs a good cpu), asetek 92mm cooler (saw they were working on one in this thread), asus strix z390i, samsung 970 evo, 16 gb of corsair lpx, corsair sf600 platinum (I heard that the platinum is quieter and the 600w is also quieter. Correct me if I am wrong)

I'm sure this has been asked before but I looked through this thread and couldn't find anything. I also did some light googling but the answers were inconclusive and not convincing.

I'm completely new to pc in general as I come from being an apple fanboy. I needed a more powerful computer that could also game. So any tips on building, setting up, and not melting a computer would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

RollerAT12

Case Bender
Feb 9, 2019
New to the forum. I am planning to move a previous build into an A4. Currently deciding between black and silver. Do we know if there will be another production run of the v3 and roughly how long it has been in between the last production runs? My apopologies if this has already been answered elsewhere. I searched and read through this thread to try to determine timing.

RollerAT12

Case Bender
Feb 9, 2019
on sfflab it says you can buy an A4 v3 and have it shipped before Feb 15 with a 3-5 week shipping time. I guess you can also pay a bunch extra for faster shipping. I also read through this forum and there is a v4 coming out in a few months.
https://www.sfflab.com/collections/enclosures/products/dan_a4-sfx
Thanks! I had seen the silver in stock. To clarify, I guess the better question is should I expect to see the black back in stock within a few weeks or is this run of v3 one and done. Mainly looking to find out if i should scoop up a silver now. I am less interested in the USB-C, since I don’t own any devices that support it.

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
I’m waiting for the window side panel for my v3. Any guesses?
I used to be like you... Then I realised it'll probably never happen as the V4 is already on it's way, unless the V4 window panels will be v3 compatible..