DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Arganoil

Case Bender
Nov 27, 2019
So the DAN-A4-SFX Cases will be in stock again on SFF this week?

I would like to order from Holland, but what about import taxes and extra costs? Will it be much more expensive then ordering in january from CaseKing?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@Arganoil It is a easy calculation:

Caseking: 220€ + 10€ Shipping to Netherland = 230€ (VAT is included)
SFFLAB: 219$ * 0.9 = 197€ + maybe 20€ shipping = 217€ * 1,21VAT = 262,5€

PS: Depends on local custom service if you have luck you don't have to pay the VAT.

Arganoil

Case Bender
Nov 27, 2019
@Arganoil It is a easy calculation:

Caseking: 220€ + 10€ Shipping to Netherland = 230€ (VAT is included)
SFFLAB: 219$ * 0.9 = 197€ + maybe 20€ shipping = 217€ * 1,21VAT = 262,5€

PS: Depends on local custom service if you have luck you don't have to pay the VAT.

Thanks for the calculation!

Hopefully there's coming some clarity from SFFLAB about their updated website. Still no options to buy the Dan Case.. :)

AlsaceFiris

Chassis Packer
Jul 4, 2018
Hello.
I would like to have information about the A4 SFX
I have a NZXT H200i and the small A4 interests me a lot but I saw on forums and videos that the temperatures CPU / motherboard / case was really high very high and I would like to know if the case will be able to support a configuration with an i7 9700 (model no K) + Corsair SF600 + ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 Super Twin Fan?

I specify that I do not have this configuration, I start to buy the components for now I have a 9400 i5 and a RX 570 Nitro +, it is mostly the graphics card I will change but if I can, I I would buy the i7, it's just to know if the box would support this configuration, I do not overclock because it does not interest me the same for the graphics card.

But I really need his information because I read a lot of posts not very reassuring after most are with an i7 8700K or i9 9900K .....

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Yes you can cool the 9700 none K inside the A4-SFX. The L9i, C7 Copper or the AXP-90 Copper can handle the CPU in games. If you have some heavy workload application you could limit the TDP of the CPU in UEFI to be fine.

Harrian

Minimal Tinkerer
Nov 30, 2019
Hey Guys! Question for you!

I have an A4 v3 that I originally built using a 120ml rad and single fan Gigabyte 1070. During the installation, I couldn't get the plastic shroud to sit comfortably between the PSU and the Rad so I used a scissor to cut off a large portion of the protective shroud off, got everything together and called it a day. Since I only had a half-sized card I didn't really need the other half.

However, now I'm looking to swap to the 92ml rad so I can fit a gigabyte 2080 ti windforce on the backside. Do I need to figure out a solution to replace the plastic shroud or should things be all good since this card has a backplate? (ps I already gave up on the front usb header)

motherofass

Caliper Novice
Oct 19, 2019
Custom fan duct... cardboard and electrical tape. Not much time for testing yet. Later I'd like to try the following and see if there's any difference.

For stock 3700X:
- L9a only
- L9a + A9x14 (exhaust)
- L9a + ghetto duct + A9x14 (exhaust)
- L9a + ghetto duct + A9x14 (exhaust) [case upside down]

keyboard_cat

Caliper Novice
Sep 30, 2019
Hello.
I would like to have information about the A4 SFX
I have a NZXT H200i and the small A4 interests me a lot but I saw on forums and videos that the temperatures CPU / motherboard / case was really high very high and I would like to know if the case will be able to support a configuration with an i7 9700 (model no K) + Corsair SF600 + ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 Super Twin Fan?

I specify that I do not have this configuration, I start to buy the components for now I have a 9400 i5 and a RX 570 Nitro +, it is mostly the graphics card I will change but if I can, I I would buy the i7, it's just to know if the box would support this configuration, I do not overclock because it does not interest me the same for the graphics card.

But I really need his information because I read a lot of posts not very reassuring after most are with an i7 8700K or i9 9900K .....
I have this configuration with the AS Rock board, 9700k, and regular, non-low profile memory. The video card is also the 2080 super AMP from zotac with twin fan. It all works, although you can't mount the asetek lt645 squarely... It has to sit rotated, and one of the aluminum snap-in fasteners for the side cover has to be broken off. This is okay since there is still a screw next to it to hold the cover on. Unfortunately I broke off the top one as well by mistake. Anyway I would highly recommend custom (short) unsleeved cables for your power supply, although I'm not sure how you're going to find them online as nobody has them in stock. You could make them if you buy the molex crimping tool and by cutting your existing cables. The tool is kind of pricey though. Shorten cables are not absolutely necessary, especially if you use low profile memory... But it would have made life a lot easier.

You also need to remove the metal back plate on the zotac card. When installing it, you have to also unscrew the riser cable temporarily until the card is in position and the card is inserted into the riser cable.

If you decide to go this route and have any questions while assembling, feel free to send me a message

longmd

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 2, 2019
Hi everyone. Quick question about compatibility that I can't seem to find any info on. I understand the maximum RAM clearance is 52mm in the A4-SFX, so I picked up some Corsair RGB Vengeance Pro sticks with a height of 51mm, which should just barely clear the side panel. However, I am also interested in getting the Asetek 645LT later on down the road (I currently have the Noctua L9i), but from what I can tell, almost everyone seems to route the tubing over the top of the RAM modules for a water cooling configuration; with mine being such tall modules, I'm afraid the tubing won't be flexible/long enough to go around the modules since there's no space to go over them. Does anyone know if this is possible with tall RAM? Or should the specification be updated that water cooling requires lower RAM height?

Titeywitey

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2019
Hi everyone. Quick question about compatibility that I can't seem to find any info on. I understand the maximum RAM clearance is 52mm in the A4-SFX, so I picked up some Corsair RGB Vengeance Pro sticks with a height of 51mm, which should just barely clear the side panel. However, I am also interested in getting the Asetek 645LT later on down the road (I currently have the Noctua L9i), but from what I can tell, almost everyone seems to route the tubing over the top of the RAM modules for a water cooling configuration; with mine being such tall modules, I'm afraid the tubing won't be flexible/long enough to go around the modules since there's no space to go over them. Does anyone know if this is possible with tall RAM? Or should the specification be updated that water cooling requires lower RAM height?

People have definitely routed the tubes below the RAM modules without issue (near the bottom of the case)

Reactions: longmd

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
Hey Guys! Question for you!

I have an A4 v3 that I originally built using a 120ml rad and single fan Gigabyte 1070. During the installation, I couldn't get the plastic shroud to sit comfortably between the PSU and the Rad so I used a scissor to cut off a large portion of the protective shroud off, got everything together and called it a day. Since I only had a half-sized card I didn't really need the other half.

However, now I'm looking to swap to the 92ml rad so I can fit a gigabyte 2080 ti windforce on the backside. Do I need to figure out a solution to replace the plastic shroud or should things be all good since this card has a backplate? (ps I already gave up on the front usb header)
If you ever need to find a replace for real because a non backplate GPU or so... you could use some plastic file separator / file divider (you can even choose colours! ?) A fast template with ruler and pen over the thread holes and a couple of scissor cuts and you're good to go