DAN A4-SFX

sancho

Cable Smoosher
Sep 20, 2019
This is a 750 PSU and it turns on the cooler at 350, all this time cold air passes through it and the radiator is thrown out into the air.

sancho

Cable Smoosher
Sep 20, 2019
This is a 750 PSU and it turns on the cooler at 350, all this time cold air passes through it and the radiator is thrown out into the air.

Erikdayo

Chassis Packer
Sep 10, 2019
I'm very pleasantly surprised with the temps in my A4 so far. I haven't done any intensive gaming + streaming as of yet, but it's done far better than I expected in benchmarks. Only hit 58C CPU and 70C GPU on the Time Spy benchmark. 3700X + 645LT and a EVGA 2070 Super Black.

Much better than my temps in the M1 using the same CPU cooler. That isn't that surprising because the 645LT is meant with the A4 in mind, and I purchased the 2070 Super Black with the A4 in mind as well. Only used them in the M1 because I wanted to test everything out and make sure it worked while I waited for the new case.

fullnet85

Cable Smoosher
Oct 29, 2019
Hey @dondan do you have any recommendations on using the internal usb 3.1 header in the 4.1 with a motherboard they doesn’t have one? Other than jumping to an intel platform that is.

geforce6200

Cable Smoosher
Sep 29, 2019
I wonder if anybody knows more info in terms of how to make window kit for Dan A4. I saw the guide on Dan's website, but I am still not sure how to modify the non-glass part of side panels.

keyboard_cat

Chassis Packer
Sep 30, 2019
I'm building my machine now. I just want to say, whoever said the ASETEK 645LT was designed for this case was full of shit. Believe me when I say I'm trying to stay positive.. but..

One of the circulation hose fixtures binds at the graphics card, deflecting it towards the case side panel -- the center (spinning) hub of one of the card's fans is definitely going to be rubbing the panel while it's spinning! I can make it work by removing one of the two snap-in female receptacles that helps to keep the case's side panel in place, the one from the power supply side (leaving one plus the two screws on each side... which should be OK, but kludgey). Guess I'll find somewhere else to drill a hole for a new screw to make up for it (countersunk, even.. this will be fun :/ ) . The cooler still touches, but not so bad. Why couldn't they have just moved it over? I guess that would be a full redesign of the radiator, and who knows what else.

Without doing the above, the cooler also binds at the power button, and I'm pretty sure the screws of the "recommended" Noctua A9-14 slim (installed on the cooler) intrude into the pcie 2-width form factor (lucky the heatsink cowling for the card tapers in as it comes off the card!). Forget about using the stock PSU cables (Corsair SF600), and I'm doubtful that there is more than a millimeter between the Molex connectors and the cooler's fan, so even that seems unlikely. I know you guys with custom cables have done this, but wow. Unless I've missed something, it seems like removing that snap connector is the only way to do this right.

So three hours in, going to try again tomorrow. I just love how the box came with an ad for this cooler too.. No instructions to support it though, from either company, haha! I wills say however that I am impressed by the quality of the case build and the production value of the case instructions.. fwiw

Erikdayo

Chassis Packer
Sep 10, 2019
I managed to do it earlier this week with the stock SF600 Platinum cables. Not saying it was easy. Took longer than I expected. But I don't have any of the issues you are claiming. Looking forward to the arrival of my shorter unsleeved cables though. 😝

keyboard_cat

Chassis Packer
Sep 30, 2019
I managed to do it earlier this week with the stock SF600 Platinum cables. Not saying it was easy. Took longer than I expected. But I don't have any of the issues you are claiming. Looking forward to the arrival of my shorter unsleeved cables though. 😝
How long is your video card? Mine's about the maximum. Yeah I guess folks with 2080 ti won't have as much trouble.

dondan

King of Cable Management
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@keyboard_cat: I can only agree. It is very very hard to install the 92AIO without custom cables. This is why I don't have a manual or a example configuration for it on my website. Also in the forum or on my website I recommend mostly Noctua L9a/i or a 120mm AIO with ITX GPU inside the A4. Don't get me wrong the 92AIO is a great product, but the installation is not user friendly.

Maybe this will help:

Reactions: Erikdayo and PHE

Erikdayo

Chassis Packer
Sep 10, 2019
How long is your video card? Mine's about the maximum. Yeah I guess folks with 2080 ti won't have as much trouble.
I have a EVGA 2070 Super Black. According to their specs it is 269.83 mm (10.62 in). My biggest issue was figuring out what to do with the 24 pin cable. I tried to route it behind the mobo and through the cutout between the radiator and mobo but had a lot of issues getting my GPU actually in the slot. It seems possible for me only if you separate every cable on the 24 pin so they're in a straight line with each other and perfectly flat. Making that happen wasn't working out.

Ended up routing the 24 pin forward all on the mobo side instead. My cable management looks like crap honestly. I wouldn't ever consider a window with my current setup. When I get the custom unsleeved cables it'll be back to the drawing board to see what works and what doesn't. I hope to have something that looks less messy.

The one real issue I did have besides the 24 pin was having to remove the A4 side panel clips on both sides of the radiator. This isn't really important since the panels are also held in with screws in the same area but certainly less than ideal

aga98

Minimal Tinkerer
Jun 15, 2019
Hi I am trying to sell my V3 Build with a 9800X, Asetek 645LT AIO, 64GB RAM, and an EVGA 1080 TI SC BLACK EDITION
Looking to get $3500
Everything I have included is close to $4000 retail value
The link for the components and everything included is here - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qFGcq3
Contact me via email at [email protected] and I can send pictures of everything
Thanks

Last edited:

Erikdayo

Chassis Packer
Sep 10, 2019
Upon everything I've seen and read about the 92mm I think I'll just bite the bullet and stick with air cooling for now.

This just does not look ideal: https://gyazo.com/a3a7aa60b20e84f4427c252b1b79e32d

Really depends on your needs. My temps with the AIO are 25-30C lower under load than with the L9A. GPU might be a few C higher due to have the bottom fans set as intake with the AIO, but it seems very worth it for my needs.