DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
from my understanding of my tracking its on a plane/ boat now, on the way over. (I partially think this because that's what's ok the icon for the status aha)

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
When I opened the detailed tracking history, the last entry (last night? - I don't know if the times and dates are local, UTC or local to the destination) was still in Germany - with the first 3 icons colored. Not to say that it wasn't immediately loaded on a plane thereafter, but I don't have any better information.

Curiosity

Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
good point, I'm seeing the same thing.
my inner optimist says that it was immediately loaded, but we can't really know for sure until taking updates again.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
@dondan: Status update FYI:
DHL Tracking sez on Feb 27 my package was to be transported to the destination country and given to US Postal Service. The location stamp was "IPZ-Ffm, Germany" which I take to be Frankfurt (Main). USPS tracking had a notice at the same date and time stamp that my package was processed through facility at "FRANKFURT/FLUGHAFEN, GERMANY". No further updates since from either service.

Is my case in the "eight days in customs" purgatory?!
Do any US backers have anything different?
How long should I wait before filing a missing package claim?

Sigh.

Curiosity

Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
mint arrived yesterday afternoon with no updates on usps other than essentially "it's coming from Germany" until after it was delivered.
I checked at 3pm and saw nothing and it was delivered 15min later.
I'm a little north of Atlanta.

Reactions: Nocturnize

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
@dondan: I've calmed down a bit now and am currently shopping for a bit of bling for my case to keep me constructively occupied - custom vinyl.

I'm only really interested in putting it on the front of the case - too many holes to block/bother with on the sides and top. Would you be able to post a schematic/sketch with the dimensions for the front panel including the usb port and power button? I'd like to either be able to send it to get the vinyl pre-cut or just order a rectangular piece and cut it myself on my wife's Cricut (I have software that will allow me to make custom cuts).

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
UPDATE:

Here are all the changes for A4-SFX v2 that are already done. Only one thing is on my list to be checked:

Update 2:

I found a solution for mounting a 92mm fan in the A4-SFX v.2.0 if you don't use the HDD-Bay

I made the 4 mountpoins for the hdd-bay symmetric (82x82mm) so it has exactly the same dimensions as for 92mm fan mounting.
The hdd bay will nearly the same, I had to made it 7mm shorter.

How to mount a fan?
1.) remove the HDD-Bay
2.) put the fan on the anti vibration rubber
3.) use 4x 20mm screws and fix it with 4 nuts.

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
I like the fan mounting solution...very elegant. I am curious why you have it so the grommets slide in from opposite directions.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Look at the bottom picture you will see there is only one diriction it could work. This is faving the opening to the left side. But if you try to slide it in the object will collide with the motherboard tray.

Reactions: Phuncz

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
Look at the bottom picture you will see there is only one diriction it could work. This is faving the opening to the left side. But if you try to slide it in the object will collide with the motherboard tray.

Okay, I can see how a drive wouldn't slide in. But with a fan grill there, it looks like you could slightly improve the opening to the fan if the hole for inserting the grommets were on the opposite side. Those holes to insert the grommets don't necessarily need to lined up to one another, either, and can jut off at arbitrary angles if you are not intending for an object to be slide in.

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
The changes are nice, go for it. I would say add the 92mm fan support (how can it hurt?) unless it affects the structural integrity of the bottom in some way. But I guess you can simulate that in Solidworks or have Lian Li confirm it.

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
hi.. im new in here. any idea on when is the next batch for v2 gonna be on sale?

I think Dondan is thinking about doing another kickstarter campaign for the v2 version in order to give all people the case, since the resellers (overclockers, caseking) don't want to make a big order due to financial risks. But it's better that Dondan answers this.

Reactions: munzamir