DAN A4-SFX v4.1

FelipeAbreu

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 27, 2018
Hi. I want to buy Dan Case, but I wanted to know how it's stated in the box? Pc Case, aluminum parts, etc? And what value is declared? In my country the taxes are very high, I want to prepare myself for the costs

RicardoSFF

Caliper Novice
Oct 27, 2018
@FelipeAbreu Hey, just wondering, (judging by your name, correct me if I'm wrong) are you from Portugal? Because I'm living in Portugal and besides the customs taxes being very high, the case can get stuck in customs for months if you order outside of the country... But if you are from Portugal you can order from globaldata.pt or go to their physical store.

https://www.globaldata.pt/caixa-mini-itx-dan-cases-a4-sfx-v3-preto-a4sfxv3-b

FelipeAbreu

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 27, 2018
@FelipeAbreu Hey, just wondering, (judging by your name, correct me if I'm wrong) are you from Portugal? Because I'm living in Portugal and besides the customs taxes being very high, the case can get stuck in customs for months if you order outside of the country... But if you are from Portugal you can order from globaldata.pt or go to their physical store.

https://www.globaldata.pt/caixa-mini-itx-dan-cases-a4-sfx-v3-preto-a4sfxv3-b
No, I'm from Brazil. The taxes here is about 60%... sad! I have friends in Portugual... so maybe they can bring it for me.. thanks.

TheStryder

Case Bender
Oct 27, 2018
@dondan Any chance you'll have the window kit available, or even just the metal cutout (so I can order my own tempered glass)? It's my only hesitation from buying the A4, aside from waiting for the C4.

RicardoSFF

Caliper Novice
Oct 27, 2018
No, I'm from Brazil. The taxes here is about 60%... sad! I have friends in Portugual... so maybe they can bring it for me.. thanks.

That could actually be a great possibility, if you have a friend that you trust and that regularly travels to Brazil, then ask him. I don't think there will be any problem with security, but you can always check the bag with the case. But check with the airline that he'll be flying before doing anything. Don't you have any local pc stores?

Desertf0x9

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
So I just finished my Dancase build. Well first satisfied iteration of my build. I think with these builds they're always a work in progress, but I finally have it to the point where I can enjoy it. Specs are below, but I'm sure many of you have been curious about the 9900k will run in this case. I like it a ton more than my previous 2700x, that thing ran hot even at idle and super slow. Terrible gaming cpu. I don't care what the reviews say there is a significantly noticeable different even at 4k and 1440p. Clock speeds trumps all. I have the black ridge heatsink on order and I currently have the asetek 92 mm AIO, just waiting on the custom cables. Also considering my ram choices, as a VLP would allow me to use a 120 mm with the black ridge, not sure I wanna spend $300

Dancase A4 V3.
Intel 9900k, Intel failsafe, multicore enhancement off. XTU voltage offset -125 mv(For some reason it crashes when I do it in the bios).
Asus ROG STRIX Z390-I Motherboard
Cryorig C7 CU Heatsink with NF-A9x14 for intake. (Everyone is right the stock fan with the side panel on is pretty unbearable).
NF-A9x14 in the hard drive bay area
EVGA 650 Watt SFX PS
Asus 2080 Ti Turbo. Unfortunately the loudest thing in this case, luckily its only when I'm gaming. Fan noises are basically not tolerable above 60%. I have a gigabyte windforce 2080 ti as well to see if a open cooler style card will make a huge impact on the cpu temps but it seems like it most likely will.

RicardoSFF

Caliper Novice
Oct 27, 2018
So I just finished my Dancase build. Well first satisfied iteration of my build. I think with these builds they're always a work in progress, but I finally have it to the point where I can enjoy it. Specs are below, but I'm sure many of you have been curious about the 9900k will run in this case. I like it a ton more than my previous 2700x, that thing ran hot even at idle and super slow. Terrible gaming cpu. I don't care what the reviews say there is a significantly noticeable different even at 4k and 1440p. Clock speeds trumps all. I have the black ridge heatsink on order and I currently have the asetek 92 mm AIO, just waiting on the custom cables. Also considering my ram choices, as a VLP would allow me to use a 120 mm with the black ridge, not sure I wanna spend $300

Dancase A4 V3.
Intel 9900k, Intel failsafe, multicore enhancement off. XTU voltage offset -125 mv(For some reason it crashes when I do it in the bios).
Asus ROG STRIX Z390-I Motherboard
Cryorig C7 CU Heatsink with NF-A9x14 for intake. (Everyone is right the stock fan with the side panel on is pretty unbearable).
NF-A9x14 in the hard drive bay area
EVGA 650 Watt SFX PS
Asus 2080 Ti Turbo. Unfortunately the loudest thing in this case, luckily its only when I'm gaming. Fan noises are basically not tolerable above 60%. I have a gigabyte windforce 2080 ti as well to see if a open cooler style card will make a huge impact on the cpu temps but it seems like it most likely will.

Your build is going to be very similar to mine! With the difference that I will use the 9600k and only upgrade to a 9900k next year. For GPU I'll be using a 1060 O6G Strix, the power supply will be bequiet! SFX L Power 600 watts (which I will replace the fan with a Noctua fan and remove the grill).

Is there any way you could take pictures? I would love to see how the z390-I looks in the case and any chance you could show us the temperature after prime95? That would be perfect!

And I'm also waiting for the black ridge! If you don't want to spend 300$ on ram, you could do what I'll be doing, which is corsair LPX ram, black ridge heatsink with a 92mm Noctua fan under the heatsink and a 120mm Noctua NF-A12x25 (the last one that came out), you'll have to keep the side panel off if you want to keep the 120mm fan on but the cooler will have a much better cooling performance and you'll have amazing airflow cooling the VRMs, SSD (which I'll install EK monarch), and the chipset. And If by any reason you want to keep the side panel on (let's say for traveling which will be my case), you can easily remove the 120mm and if you want you can run it without the fan.

cj360

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2017
Vlp ram is crazy expensive isn't it? Wouldn't it be more cost-effective to source a side panel with a cutout above the cpu?

RicardoSFF

Caliper Novice
Oct 27, 2018
Vlp ram is crazy expensive isn't it? Wouldn't it be more cost-effective to source a side panel with a cutout above the cpu?

Exactly! I really don't think VLP is worth it in my opinion.

You can always cut the side panel with a Dremel tool but since the side panels in the A4-SFX don't have screws and are mounted with push pins, it's really easy to just remove the side panel and install the 120mm fan. I plan on doing this (depending on the Black Ridge cooling performance... I hope it's at least better than the 92mm AIO), while traveling, I'll remove the 120mm fan and put the side panel on and when I need to use it, take the side panel off and install the 120mm fan.

Something that I thought about but don't know if it works is the Window Kit Dan Cases have for this case. I'm wondering if by removing the acrylic glass, there is enough space to fit the 120mm Fan, It would look a lot better and you wouldn't have to cut anything (assuming you can remove the glass).

Desertf0x9

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
Never used Prime95. I ran it for 5 minutes and got a maximum of 92 degrees C. For some reason core speeds drop to 3700-3800, but sure if that's related to the stress test.

RicardoSFF

Caliper Novice
Oct 27, 2018
Never used Prime95. I ran it for 5 minutes and got a maximum of 92 degrees C. For some reason core speeds drop to 3700-3800, but sure if that's related to the stress test.

First of all, thank you so much for taking the pictures!!

Second, your core speeds are dropping to 3700-3800 most likely because of thermal throttling. When the CPU isn't being cooled properly or keep the temps within a safe range, the CPU automatically reduces the frequencies of your core and mem to keep the temps lower. Cooling a 9900k in the case is not an easy task! Are you planning on delidding it? (I don't recommend it! Besides voiding the warranty, it's really easy to ruin your CPU)

Also, are you sure the Black ridge cooler will fit with that motherboard? Did you measure it before ordering?

Desertf0x9

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
You're probably right prime95 is causing it to thermal throttle, but honestly I don't mind cause it maintains its clocks at 4.7 ghz no problem during gaming which is mainly what it's for. I have a 9700k on order and may move the 9900k to my midtower build, maybe that'll run slightly cooler.

Not sure if the black ridge will fit, what should I measure? Even the cryorig C7 CU was quite a tight squeeze, barely fit and presses against my ram. Definitely an interesting proposition with having the 120 mm fan with the side panel off, maybe something I'll consider doing once I get the black ridge. I did notice it was running cooler with the side panel off.

Not planning on delidding it as I'm quite happy with the performance currently. If I had gotten the 8700k I would have delidded but with the soldered TIM I don't think its worth it and it's a higher risk to delid. I'll see how the AIO 92mm does once I get my custom cables.

Reactions: fabio