DAN A4-SFX v4.1

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017
Hi Everyone,

May I know is there enough space to install 92mm or 120mm AIO with the following spec?
- Ryzen 1800x or 2700x CPU
- ASUS ROG STRIX X370-I GAMING
- 2x8gb Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz RAM
- ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Mini (Card Length 211mm x 125mm)
- Silverstone SX650-G SFX 650W FULL MODULAR 80PLUS GOLD
- 3 X 2.5" HDD (2 SSD + 1 HDD)
- EVO 970 256GB M.2

Thanks!
The 92 will fit but the GPU might be too long for the 120

tenrose

Caliper Novice
Jun 27, 2018
Hi Everyone,

May I know is there enough space to install 92mm or 120mm AIO with the following spec?
- Ryzen 1800x or 2700x CPU
- ASUS ROG STRIX X370-I GAMING
- 2x8gb Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz RAM
- ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Mini (Card Length 211mm x 125mm)
- Silverstone SX650-G SFX 650W FULL MODULAR 80PLUS GOLD
- 3 X 2.5" HDD (2 SSD + 1 HDD)
- EVO 970 256GB M.2

Thanks!

i tried a setup with a 120mm aio on the cpu side, with a 1U flex PSU on the gpu side with the 1080ti itx and it just won't fit. if you want to use a 120mm aio your only options are:

gigabyte gtx 1080 mini-itx
or a HDPlex PSU

Jubei

Efficiency Noob
Aug 2, 2018
i tried a setup with a 120mm aio on the cpu side, with a 1U flex PSU on the gpu side with the 1080ti itx and it just won't fit. if you want to use a 120mm aio your only options are:

or a HDPlex PSU
Thanks for your reply, so my ZOTAC GTX 1080 mini cannot install with 120mm AIO in the same side?

Jubei

Efficiency Noob
Aug 2, 2018

or a HDPlex PSU

PSU should be
This one?

OR This one? thanks!

Last edited:

Jubei

Efficiency Noob
Aug 2, 2018
Hi All,

Anyone know the max length of the Display card can be install with 120 AIO as follow diagram? thanks!

Evelisk

Efficiency Noob
Aug 2, 2018
Hi everyone just got my v3 and I am wondering if this is normal for every a4-sfx. The gpu mounting is on an angle and is closer to the side panel at the front of the case than it is at the back. This is a problem for my particular gpu cooling setup and I ripped off the fans/mounting on my 1080ti sc2 and strapped on 3 noctua nf-a9-14. The Side panel keeps popping out at the front side but not the back.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Hi everyone just got my v3 and I am wondering if this is normal for every a4-sfx. The gpu mounting is on an angle and is closer to the side panel at the front of the case than it is at the back. This is a problem for my particular gpu cooling setup and I ripped off the fans/mounting on my 1080ti sc2 and strapped on 3 noctua nf-a9-14. The Side panel keeps popping out at the front side but not the back.
Can you adjust the riser mounting?

Evelisk

Efficiency Noob
Aug 2, 2018
Can you adjust the riser mounting?
I can look for other standoffs maybe but it is at tight as it will go.

Edit: So what I did was just remove the standoffs and have the riser cable floating under the gpu. Connection is solid and the weight of the gpu is entirely supported by the case mount at the back and it does not sag because it sits on a mass of psu cabled atop the fan on my asetek 545lc. Side panel stays on and fans are free to spin now.

Last edited:

tenrose

Caliper Novice
Jun 27, 2018

PSU should be
This one?

OR This one? thanks!

very interesting. i bought a PSU like the one in the second pic but it is too long. shame, £150 wasted, depending on your power consumption, i would def go for the PSU setup in the first picture if you want a long gpu. be aware though that you'll need to keep power consumption under 400w for it to work as HDPlex don't currently have anything over that rating.

i did see some rumours around about an 800w HDPlex PSU coming, but I have no idea when that will be or if it's even real. would like to see the other side of that second picture to see how the 1U psu is mounted.

TGAIO

Trash Compacter
Jul 19, 2018
Is it possible to get the Watercooling Mounts for the V2 (Will they even work?)

Is the new Riser-Cable better then the old one?

And if you buy the new cable, will it fit in the v2 with the radiator?

Last edited:

TeamKHK

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 3, 2018
Good afternoon all,

Really temped to get a DAN A4 V3, huge credit to the team on here with the continual development & also the community on here :)

I just want to clarify on something, if I was to get the case I would possibly have to look into getting a 92mm AIO, unless my current 120mm Corsair H60 would be completely compatible - please see my current specs below:

Gigabyte B360N WiFi
Corsair H60
Sapphire RX 570 ITX (170mm length)
Corsair SF450 (On the way)

Would my H60 be compatible in the way that it can be mounted to the side of the case along the side adapter, with the Corsair PSU by it side to side or would the H60 be too big for it all to go together? The GPU next to it will just have enough clearance taking into account it's 170mm.

Alternatively if this is the case, could a 92mm AIO be mounted on the side adapter instead or would it have to be mounted to the bottom just like the other owners have done?

Many thanks - Liam.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Good afternoon all,

Really temped to get a DAN A4 V3, huge credit to the team on here with the continual development & also the community on here :)

I just want to clarify on something, if I was to get the case I would possibly have to look into getting a 92mm AIO, unless my current 120mm Corsair H60 would be completely compatible - please see my current specs below:

Gigabyte B360N WiFi
Corsair H60
Sapphire RX 570 ITX (170mm length)
Corsair SF450 (On the way)

Would my H60 be compatible in the way that it can be mounted to the side of the case along the side adapter, with the Corsair PSU by it side to side or would the H60 be too big for it all to go together? The GPU next to it will just have enough clearance taking into account it's 170mm.

Alternatively if this is the case, could a 92mm AIO be mounted on the side adapter instead or would it have to be mounted to the bottom just like the other owners have done?

Many thanks - Liam.

You likely not have enough worth. You need a slimmer radiator. The radiator, and even then, it's not very idea because there is not a lot of room for airflow. You have max 40mm, and after that, it also hits the PSU, so not a lot of room for airflow or nice thick fans.

The best way to run a 120mm is to use external PSU. Here I am running my own 12V kit, but can run something like a Dynamo 360+160 or HDPLEX 400. The brick ends up taking more space outside the case though.

Reactions: owliwar

TeamKHK

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 3, 2018
You likely not have enough worth. You need a slimmer radiator. The radiator, and even then, it's not very idea because there is not a lot of room for airflow. You have max 40mm, and after that, it also hits the PSU, so not a lot of room for airflow or nice thick fans.

The best way to run a 120mm is to use external PSU. Here I am running my own 12V kit, but can run something like a Dynamo 360+160 or HDPLEX 400. The brick ends up taking more space outside the case though.

Thank you for your reply, it sounds like that I will be best going down the route of using the 92mm Asetek AIO with this case.

Nice build by the way!

Liam.

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
oh hey I hear Bitwit Kyle has ordered an A4!

bitwit kyle just received the a case! just saw it in his instagram :D
(with a very very bad unboxing but well)

I know I'm pretty used to see this case already but seeing the case on his hands was like 'holy molly thats small!"

Reactions: VegetableStu

cj360

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2017
Is the 1070 just a tad smaller than the 1070ti? I tried to copy this setup but my hdplex and 1070ti touch just enough to stop from fitting in there together. Just by a couple mm no less so they may fit if I take off the top frame and force them in but I'm really against doing that.

NuclearDust

Case Bender
Aug 6, 2018
Hi everyone,

I just recieved my A4 v3 and I'm finalizing the parts to put in.
For the PSU, I preordered a Corsair SFX 450 Platinum (I'm looking for a quiet build under load), but no one is sure when is going to be available. Today I stumbled upon the Silverstone NJ450-SXL (fanless), which paired with a 92 mm Noctua fan in place of the SSD bracket seemed a promising alternative. Problem is I couldn't find any in depth review or comment about the temps of the NJ450 in a small case (surprisingly, as I thought other sff builders would love a fanless psu).

Does anyone have an idea if the NJ450 + fan is a workable (with an estimated 350 W peak power draw)?
I'm mostly worried about the plastic shield of the DAN A4 which would be essentially in contact with the PSU.