DAN A4-SFX v4.1

ZTylerDurden

Trash Compacter
May 31, 2020
This Zotac 4070 will not fit very well because the card is 2.2 Slot. Better get one of these:

Rtx 4070 Twin Edge owner here. It fits well and no obstruction closing the side panel. No adjustments on the riser. Yes, it's 2.2 on spec but doesn't make a difference from what I can tell.

Reactions: rfarmer

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Noise turbulences because of close distance to the side panel? Plz share us nice pictures :)

ZTylerDurden

Trash Compacter
May 31, 2020
Noise turbulences because of close distance to the side panel? Plz share us nice pictures :)

Running Borderlands 3 benchmark. If you hear a lot of white noise, it's because your volume is cranked up and there's no microphone directly in front of the panel. Also neighbors were mowing the lawn.

Last edited:

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017

Running Borderlands 3 benchmark. If you hear a lot of white noise, it's because your volume is cranked up and there's no microphone directly in front of the panel. Also neighbors were mowing the lawn.
Now that is satisfying if anything :) Barely audible during an stress test, nice one!

k1llah3rtz

Caliper Novice
May 20, 2021
Has anyone seen or done a mod to mount a full size AIO on the top of an A4? I have a 280 currently on the outside of a meshlicious, in order to support push/pull with 25mm thick fans and wondering if a 240 with some angle brackets could work ...

sneedster

Trash Compacter
Apr 22, 2022
Are the motherboard standoffs standard or a special measurement? I read online that standard standoffs may not work.
I'm planning to try installing AXP90-X47, by sanding the heatsink a bit, using a9x14 and installing 1-2mm shorter mobo standoffs I hope I can get rid of the turbulence noise :)

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
I got my new RTX 4070 today. I'm in heaven!
It barely reaches 70ºC under stress! And it's not even undervolted.
Nice one, congrats :)

Is it an 8 pin or 12VHPWR connector it uses? If the latter, how did you find that connector considering all of the "issues" it has had with user error of plugging it in correctly etc.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Nice one, congrats :)

Is it an 8 pin or 12VHPWR connector it uses? If the latter, how did you find that connector considering all of the "issues" it has had with user error of plugging it in correctly etc.
The 4070 uses a 8 pin PCI connector, the 4070 Ti uses the 12VHPWR connector. I have the 4070 Ti in my Ghost and just bought the Corsair 12VHPWR cable and made sure it clicked when I plugged it in. This is only a 250W card so I am not too concerned about it melting as long as it is plugged in properly.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
The 4070 uses a 8 pin PCI connector, the 4070 Ti uses the 12VHPWR connector. I have the 4070 Ti in my Ghost and just bought the Corsair 12VHPWR cable and made sure it clicked when I plugged it in. This is only a 250W card so I am not too concerned about it melting as long as it is plugged in properly.
Depends on which 4070 model, the 4070 Founders Edition uses the 12VHPWR connector for example. But guessing the partners models uses the traditional 8 pin.

newtothegame

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2018
Hey Dan,
how's the new A4 shaping up? Do you think it will be ready this year or is it more of a long-term project?
Cheers mate, and congrats on the C4 release.

Kaiken

Chassis Packer
Jun 30, 2022
Welp, since the Strix B550I is having compatibility issues with 4000 series cards I had to find another board for now. Picked up a used Aorus X570SI and had to downgrade the Black Ridge with my L9I. Things are slightly noisier and a few celsius higher but at least no more crashes.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Welp, since the Strix B550I is having compatibility issues with 4000 series cards I had to find another board for now. Picked up a used Aorus X570SI and had to downgrade the Black Ridge with my L9I. Things are slightly noisier and a few celsius higher but at least no more crashes.

Nice case feet and cable management here. All in all, the L9a + fan duct works best in this case. It has an awesome backplate and now you also have easy access to your RAM, M.2 and cooler fan without having to take the whole thing completely apart.

k1llah3rtz

Caliper Novice
May 20, 2021
5800X3D build moved from my meshlicous back to the OG, A4 v4.1 ... had to deshroud the IO panel/VRM HS of my B550-I gaming to get the 120 to fit ... idles at 42degrees, CB23 pushes to 81 but its for gaming, which it does at 65-70 degrees... thanks to Glob3Tech (https://www.youtube.com/@Glob3Tech) for the various suggestions on cooling options.

ugly AF but, the white bits of card helps maintain placement of the 4070ti etc

Last edited:
Reactions: FredL

alfista

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 18, 2021
Hello!
The front USB-C of my DAN A4 v4.1 is not operating normally. Whatever device I connect it just keeps connecting and disconnecting, even though I had barely used it.
Does anyone know if this is a part that is sold separately?

Kaiken

Chassis Packer
Jun 30, 2022
Hello!
The front USB-C of my DAN A4 v4.1 is not operating normally. Whatever device I connect it just keeps connecting and disconnecting, even though I had barely used it.
Does anyone know if this is a part that is sold separately?
I've had this problem when I first put my build together. A MB bios update fixed my issue.

Ngeloms

Chassis Packer
Sep 21, 2020
Guys, my PSU (Corsair SF450 GOLD) gets too loud under heavy load. Can I fix it by changing to a 600W version?

Last edited: