DAN A4-SFX v4.1

ZTylerDurden

Trash Compacter
May 31, 2020
Between an Intel:
13700F
13600KF

Will a Black Ridge with a 120mm Noctua sustain either at stock without throttling? Howabout undervolting without throwing money out in terms of $/performance?

wertzius

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 13, 2022
@nightshift I mean i have a 7800X3D in a Dan A4 - so i am one of these guys i guess. But could i makebit work with 47mm? Yes.

Would i prefer 2cm more witdh for quieter operation? If i can manage to find a backpack that fits - yes.

Mitohondri

Caliper Novice
Dec 14, 2021
For 4000 series users, how did you setup the cable to 12VHPWR adapter that you get with the GPU?

Mainly for Corsair SF750 users, did you had to buy something additionally, or you just used the adapter from the GPU box?

I am mainly interested about bending cables, if there is some problem and I need to invest in after market adapters or just go with the one in the box

Thank you

newtothegame

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2018
Update: Loud thinking

Love how the design language of the A4-Nano has made its way to the A4. There's something about the contrast between black and white, and between the rounded and angular shapes, which somehow make the whole feel balanced and very visually soothing. Amazing job Dan, can't wait to see this happen.

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
I am thinking of using 4mm extruded aluminum and finish it with CNC. Surface finish will be anodize or powder coat. Injection mold would be also possible.

Wow... that sounds incredible. Apologies in advance if you don't wish to devulge at this time, but please allow me to ask...

The white surrounding shell would be the 4mm aluminum, yes? In the design is that a single, continuous piece?
What would comprise the internal frame – steel elements bolting onto the surround, or something else?
I love the airflow potential with the slotted sides; this could benefit the A4 very much! Would this be of matte plastic?

Thank you, Dan!

Reactions: Arboreal

ZTylerDurden

Trash Compacter
May 31, 2020
Hey Dan,

If you were using a black ridge with a 120mm noctua and were to pick one of intel's newest gen cpu for mainly gaming and cpu-bound emulation, which one would you go with? Money aside.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Wow... that sounds incredible. Apologies in advance if you don't wish to devulge at this time, but please allow me to ask...

The white surrounding shell would be the 4mm aluminum, yes? In the design is that a single, continuous piece?
What would comprise the internal frame – steel elements bolting onto the surround, or something else?
I love the airflow potential with the slotted sides; this could benefit the A4 very much! Would this be of matte plastic?

Thank you, Dan!
I will show more in the next weeks then it will be more clear :)

Ngeloms

Chassis Packer
Sep 21, 2020
I'm thinking about upgrading my CPU to Intel Core i5 13400F.

Can I get it properly cooled within the Dan A4 SFX? Do I need to undervolt it or something?

wertzius

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 13, 2022
For gaming it will be just fine - All core loads will throttle and you should lower the limits to 95W or something.

ZTylerDurden

Trash Compacter
May 31, 2020
For gaming it will be just fine - All core loads will throttle and you should lower the limits to 95W or something.
Howabout a 13700F with a 120mm noctua+black ridge? You think lowering the limits to 95W will still give an advantage versus just downgrading to a non-letter variant? Gaming, mostly.

FredL

Cable Smoosher
Jan 20, 2023
For 4000 series users, how did you setup the cable to 12VHPWR adapter that you get with the GPU?

Mainly for Corsair SF750 users, did you had to buy something additionally, or you just used the adapter from the GPU box?

I am mainly interested about bending cables, if there is some problem and I need to invest in after market adapters or just go with the one in the box

Thank you

For my Inno3d 4070ti I used the adapter which came with the GPU and routed the cable round the front of the case (where the vertically mounted drive is located - I moved the drive to the bottom of the case to make space for the cables). I have the Corsair SF600. Can post a pic if you like.

maggus

Case Bender
New User
Apr 30, 2023
Hello guys. I'm new here and I've got a question regarding the DAN A4 v4.1 and fitting. Thermal-wise. Maybe you have some empirical values.

I've got a Palit GeForce 1080 in spare. That is a 2slot+ card with a fairly good cooling solution regarding to the previews when it was released. But without the fans, just with the heatsink, it's a 2slot card.
My plans - or thoughts - are to install the card without the fans and use 2 x 92*14mm fans in the bottom (as intake) for cooling the GPU. Do you guys think that would be enough? Fan-wise the performance should be good enough, only thing is the adverse angle since they would push air 90° compared to a stock cooler.

Or would you say: screw that, just use an A4 H2O with 3 slot compatability! ? (Wich, of course, would be bigger and therefore I wouldn't want to do without good reason.)

Plus: do you guys think a Noctua NH-9La would be enough for an undervolted 5800x3d? As you can see by me using a 1080, I won't expect maximum performance out of that rig, but still decent gaming performance without thermal throttling would be the goal.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Marcus

sneedster

Trash Compacter
Apr 22, 2022
Hello guys. I'm new here and I've got a question regarding the DAN A4 v4.1 and fitting. Thermal-wise. Maybe you have some empirical values.

I've got a Palit GeForce 1080 in spare. That is a 2slot+ card with a fairly good cooling solution regarding to the previews when it was released. But without the fans, just with the heatsink, it's a 2slot card.
My plans - or thoughts - are to install the card without the fans and use 2 x 92*14mm fans in the bottom (as intake) for cooling the GPU. Do you guys think that would be enough? Fan-wise the performance should be good enough, only thing is the adverse angle since they would push air 90° compared to a stock cooler.

Or would you say: screw that, just use an A4 H2O with 3 slot compatability! ? (Wich, of course, would be bigger and therefore I wouldn't want to do without good reason.)

Plus: do you guys think a Noctua NH-9La would be enough for an undervolted 5800x3d? As you can see by me using a 1080, I won't expect maximum performance out of that rig, but still decent gaming performance without thermal throttling would be the goal.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Marcus
Yeah thats not going to work. It will overheat instantly under load.
If you must fit the card in the A4-SFX, consider a 3d printed spacer so give you more room.
People like @REVOCCASES report that the 5800x3d is manageable with a L9a. You will need to undervolt it though.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Marcus
Yeah this isn't going to work. There is a reason fans are right up against the heatsink and that is so they force the air through. Air takes the path of least resistance and 2x92mm the air will just flow around the heatsink.

Reactions: riba2233

Kaiken

Chassis Packer
Jun 30, 2022
Didn't like the heat my 3080 was outputting even when undervolting so I opted for a 4070. This card really is meant for SFF. No matter what I play, it won't break 70c and the fans stay around 1300-1500rpm under load.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Didn't like the heat my 3080 was outputting even when undervolting so I opted for a 4070. This card really is meant for SFF. No matter what I play, it won't break 70c and the fans stay around 1300-1500rpm under load.

Very nice and interesting, although I'm wondering how that flow through design fan at the back of the card, right next to the PSU, is holding up in that case though?... In the FormD T1, people have off putted the PSU wtih some motherboard standoffs for this specific reason, but it isn't something you can do in the A4 SFX though.